So Obama care passes?

We can believe the numbers when the top ten standards of living nationally do not include ours and everyone of those countries have national health care.

This debate is over. HCR will pass.

We can believe the numbers when the top ten standards of living nationally do not include ours and everyone of those countries have national health care.

This debate is over. HCR will pass.

Claiming the debate is over, does not make you right. Also, you are comparing apples to oranges, seriously. Do these other countries have excessive regulation that only allows the most expensive and least test drugs into their country like ours? Do they charge a fortune in "filing fees" for companies, hospitals, doctors, etc. to be approved? Do they have a government that controls all business there?

Don't matter about apples and oranges, KK. The President smashed the far right down last night, and the American public, including many conservatives, have been stomping on the far right all day. Protest all you want. No one cares.

Don't matter about apples and oranges, KK. The President smashed the far right down last night, and the American public, including many conservatives, have been stomping on the far right all day. Protest all you want. No one cares.

So you support dictatorship like they do in China. Good to know.

A majority election with a majority Congress is not a dictatorship.

It is called American politics.

You lost, and you will abide the results. You have no choice.

Of course I lost, I didn't vote Democrat or Republican, we always lose. No choice is a dictatorship, period. You support dictatorship, you should move to China, since the US isn't suppose to operate like that. If it does, then we are no longer the US.

Of course we have a choice. Until this regime suspends further elections.

You would be okay with that, correct?

And I know this to be true from experience.

This year on my bi-annual echiocardiogram (defective valve has to be checked often, good thing my pre-existing birth condition is covered by insurance ;)) it took me 2 months to get the appointment. Usually it takes 1-2 weeks.

I believe this, but I question why with such an increase in demand, that supply is not increasing. It seems to me that with such an increase in demand, there would be a massive move to fill that demand. At least we seem to believe that this is how capitalism works. Unfortunately, what it tells us is not so much that there aren't enough people who want to fill these positions, but that there are too many obstacles in the way to get these people in place. For instance, why is it that there is such a long wait for individuals to get into nursing programs to begin with? In many states, the wait is as long as four years just to be accepted.

The doctors in our state make very little money from those on the govt subsidized health insurance.

Like you said I think there are many obstacles too, from the cost of education to the availablity of educators. Also with very low profit margins for doctors seeing the patients on the subsidized care there is very little motivation for others to get involved.

Good post man!!!

One thing that really bothers me is this idea that profit margins are too low when it comes to goverenment or subsidized care. Since I no longer have insurance, I am paying out of pocket, and I have found that I can get the same medical care as I had, but it only is costing me 25% of what the insurance companies paid while I was covered by insurance. So how is that possible? A simple thing like lab tests if ordered and paid for by myself cost me $150. That same set of lab tests paid for by insurance cost $600. And the same company did the actual lab work. This is just one example I have come across recently. There are more. I need regular phlebotomies to keep my iron levels from becoming too elevated. My insurance company used to pay the hospital $400 per phlebotomy. Now I go and have it done in a hematologists office for $75. This is one of the top hematologists in the area, and they are not giving me a reduced rate.

A big part of the money goes to processing insurance claims on both ends, the doctor and insurance company. But somewhere along the way, there is a lot of money changing hands, and it is not for the payment of healthcare. More and more, I am of the belief that we need to separate routine medical care from catastrophic care. Insurance companies paying for routine care is driving costs through the roof. If everyone had to pay cash for these services, costs would fall drastically.

At the same time, paying cash for everything isn't going to work. For the same reason one purchases home owners insurance, people need catastrophic insurance to cover them in case of a heart attack, cancer, or some other major medical procedure or treatment.

Insurance companies have blanket purchase agreements with labs, imaging facilities, and rehab clinic .Which is why the uninsured can purchases of the street for lower cost.For a MRI pay nothing .
My insurer pays 600$ for to the MRi facility, walk ins pays 375$ the imaging facility charges the insurance company 1000. but has to eat the 400 with other companies they may eat more or less.

Where are the Dr's going to come from to give care to 40 million new insured people?

We will see some type of reform but it will certainly be watered down from the massive one that the liberals in congress have been attempting to shove down out throats.

The Public option is toast. 44 democrats now know they don't have a chance in hell of getting re-elected should they sign off on this. The libs are gonna be the ones who have to suck it up, thank God for that.

I always wanted to be a physician and I am very good at science, so I guess I could put on a white coat and pretend to be one. LOL

Last edited:
Where are the Dr's going to come from to give care to 40 million new insured people?

We will see some type of reform but it will certainly be watered down from the massive one that the liberals in congress have been attempting to shove down out throats.

The Public option is toast. 44 democrats now know they don't have a chance in hell of getting re-elected should they sign off on this. The libs are gonna be the ones who have to suck it up, thank God for that.
You really believe this?

>Clickme<

Of course I lost, I didn't vote Democrat or Republican, we always lose. No choice is a dictatorship, period. You support dictatorship, you should move to China, since the US isn't suppose to operate like that. If it does, then we are no longer the US.

KK, frustration such as yours leads to illogical statements, such as yours. Think before you type...

The fundamental question that the Obama administration has never answered is a simple one: How can it treat 50 million new patients with no extra doctors?

A new report from the American Association of Medical Colleges underscores the urgency of this concern. The Association notes that the United States now suffers from a shortage of 15,000 doctors — a shortfall that is expected to grow to 125,000 in 15 years. And, the Association reports, if universal health insurance is passed, the shortage will grow to over 150,000 by 2025.

While the number of elderly people in the U.S. is expected to grow by 60 percent over the next decade and a half, the number of doctors will increase by only about 6 percent (Total U.S. population will rise by about 17 percent over the same period).

Doctor Shortage Will Worsen Health Bill Impact

Obama says there will be no rationing; and everyone will have the best of all insurance programs and healthcare services. And it won't cost one dime. Obama really is the messiah, isn't he?

KK, frustration such as yours leads to illogical statements, such as yours. Think before you type...

What didn't you understand about her post?

The fundamental question that the Obama administration has never answered is a simple one: How can it treat 50 million new patients with no extra doctors?

A new report from the American Association of Medical Colleges underscores the urgency of this concern. The Association notes that the United States now suffers from a shortage of 15,000 doctors — a shortfall that is expected to grow to 125,000 in 15 years. And, the Association reports, if universal health insurance is passed, the shortage will grow to over 150,000 by 2025.

While the number of elderly people in the U.S. is expected to grow by 60 percent over the next decade and a half, the number of doctors will increase by only about 6 percent (Total U.S. population will rise by about 17 percent over the same period).

Doctor Shortage Will Worsen Health Bill Impact

Obama says there will be no rationing; and everyone will have the best of all insurance programs and healthcare services. And it won't cost one dime. Obama really is the messiah, isn't he?

There will be rationing, everyone will not have the best of everything, it will cost so much more than they project. It always does. Obama is a liar but it matters not to him.

"I am not the first President to take up this cause, but I am determined to be the last". It's about his presidential legacy. He wants it so bad he can taste it and he is determined to get it regardless of any objections from his employer, we the people.

I dont think those 40 million people deserve health care. Where the hell do they think they live? The life part in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is over rated.

They are already getting health care either by paying for out of pocket or going to federally funded or privately funded free clinics. Obamacare would allow these people to abandon less expensive medical care at these clinics for more expensive medical care from private practice providers. In Obamaland, this is called keeping health care costs down.

Forum List

Back