So now circumcision is a political issue?

M.D. Rawlings

Classical Liberal
May 26, 2011
Heavenly Places
Evangelicals Speak Out Against Measure Banning Circumcision
June 11, 2001
The Christian Post

Excerpt:

"In the pluralistic society of the United States in which parents are afforded wide authority for determining what constitutes appropriate child-rearing and child welfare, it is legitimate for the parents to take into account cultural, religious, and ethnic traditions, in addition to medical factors, when making this choice."

The practice of circumcision is an important tradition in Jewish and Muslim communities. Rabbi David Wolpe of Sinai Temple in Los Angeles commented on The Washington Post's On Faith forum that he finds the proposed ban "faintly ludicrous and very offensive."​

LINK

These people are serious: the inmates and the asylum that is San Francisco. . . .

Russel Crowe recently commented that circumcision is a "barbaric practice". According to the media, he now is an anti-semite. LMAO! What a load of complete bullshit. Maybe that's because he's Australian like Mel Gibson? I dunno. I still will watch Gladiator and Braveheart again 100 times anyway. Oh and uh, If I had my choice, I would never have been clipped. ~BH

Russel Crowe recently commented that circumcision is a "barbaric practice". According to the media, he now is an anti-semite. LMAO! What a load of complete bullshit. Maybe that's because he's Australian like Mel Gibson? I dunno. I still will watch Gladiator and Braveheart again 100 times anyway. Oh and uh, If I had my choice, I would never have been clipped. ~BH

Probably a good do-over for you, since it cut your dick length in half:cool:

I know a Jewish guy who came here from the USSR ,he sad they outlawed circumcision there, pretty sad... I guess some libs want that here.

"The base of our argument is you're spending incredible amounts of money doing painful and damaging surgery to an unwilling patient," Schofield, a partnered homosexual, told the San Francisco Chronicle.

The same case could be made on behalf of aborted babies.

:thup:

That was a weak response bro. However, I'll give yuh a pass for that one oldsalt. Only because we did meet eachother half way in that other thread after this post. ~BH

The proposal is unlikely to pass; and a court challenge is likely if it does.

Parental control and authority over minor children is a fundamental legal tenet and I fail to see a compelling governmental interest to preempt what is for some a religions practice.

Actually, it does not make the length any shorter. I know from experience, as a woman. ;)

My husband was not cut when we first got together. He used to always get infections (due to other problems). His Doctor told him if he had it done it may help to keep the infections down. So he had it done at the age of 20 (ya, ouch). Once he healed he no longer got infections, they completely stopped! He nor I ever saw any difference in length, thickness, or even performance. He now says he wishes it was done while he was a baby.

So the argument that one is better for s*x over the other would not be true. Nor is the argument that Length would be changed. Especially when skin does stretch and adapt to size. And that the muscle is not cut or damaged in the procedure.

Nanny state

Yeah no one should stand in front of my right to mutilate my infant's genitals ... as long as he's male.

Is it mutilation when someone gets his tonsils taken out?

My stance is not about religion, but rather preference. Read my response. It is not mutilation if it does not prevent or cause dysfunction. It is nothing more than a bit of extra skin that is taken off.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back