So let me get this straight.....

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
After spending just a little time watching Faux News after President Obama's speech, I think I heard nearly 2 dozen times that Obama should have thanked Bush for his "vision" for the surge and that he should have declared "victory" in Iraq. WTF? We won? Do these history and military geniuses also consider Vietnam and Korea "victories" simply because our troops did their jobs??

yea we put on hannity right after. was hilarious with him and john mccain

yea we put on hannity right after. was hilarious with him and john mccain

SO, besides killing more Iraqis, and getting more of our own troops killed, did you understand what the "great success" of the surge was, exactly?

After spending just a little time watching Faux News after President Obama's speech, I think I heard nearly 2 dozen times that Obama should have thanked Bush for his "vision" for the surge and that he should have declared "victory" in Iraq. WTF? We won? Do these history and military geniuses also consider Vietnam and Korea "victories" simply because our troops did their jobs??

Sounds like they wanted Obama to give Bush a blowjob to thank him for saving the world.

you're no position to call anyone too stupid or partisan to understand what happened....even obama says you're being stupid adn partisan on this issue:

LANCASTER, Pa. — Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama said Thursday that the escalation of U.S. troops in Iraq, which he had opposed, has succeeded in reducing violence "beyond our wildest dreams."

Obama: Iraq surge exceeds expectations - Politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

you're no position to call anyone too stupid or partisan to understand what happened....even obama says you're being stupid adn partisan on this issue:

LANCASTER, Pa. — Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama said Thursday that the escalation of U.S. troops in Iraq, which he had opposed, has succeeded in reducing violence "beyond our wildest dreams."

Obama: Iraq surge exceeds expectations - Politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

And this violence was caused by.......wait for it. OUR invasion of their sovereign nation. Does anyone else see the irony in the "success" of the surge? Basically, if the surge was such a success, doesn't that simply mean tha Bush didn't have shit for a plan to begin with and didn't send enough troops to do the job originally? Another name for the "surge" could easily have been "do-over"....

Last edited:

Let me ask you, what were the goals of the Iraq war?

If I recall correctly, the goal was to make sure that we were not held hostage by a regime that was willing to use weapons of mass murder. While the fact that we did not find any WMDs in Iraq is indisputable, it is also indisputable that the regime of Saddam Hussein, which demonstrated a willingness to use WMDs on its own people, is no longer in control of Iraq. I would be hard pressed to call that a failure, as you seem to be willing to do.

The problem with the left is they have a problem with winning and loosing. Life is not a environment where everyone wins, and it never will be. It is not even an environment where the best, the brightest, or the good win.

If I recall correctly, the goal was to make sure that we were not held hostage by a regime that was willing to use weapons of mass murder. While the fact that we did not find any WMDs in Iraq is indisputable, it is also indisputable that the regime of Saddam Hussein, which demonstrated a willingness to use WMDs on its own people, is no longer in control of Iraq. I would be hard pressed to call that a failure, as you seem to be willing to do.

The problem with the left is they have a problem with winning and loosing. Life is not a environment where everyone wins, and it never will be. It is not even an environment where the best, the brightest, or the good win.

So....Bush was in fact nation building then? I find that hard to believe. However, even if he was, what did WE get out of it? WHY was it worth the lives of nearly 4500 US soldiers?

And this violence was caused by.......wait for it. OUR invasion of their sovereign nation. Does anyone else see the irony in the "success" of the surge? Basically, if the surge was such a success, doesn't that simply mean tha Bush didn't have shit for a plan to begin with and didn't send enough troops to do the job originally? Another name for the "surge" could easily have been "do-over"....

and obama says you're wrong...suck on that

So, now you agree with Obama????? Wow....talk about a hack....good luck with that.

So....Bush was in fact nation building then? I find that hard to believe. However, even if he was, what did WE get out of it? WHY was it worth the lives of nearly 4500 US soldiers?

I wouldn't know if he was nation building because a.) I cannot read his mind, and b) I have no idea what you mean by that term.

I wouldn't know if he was nation building because a.) I cannot read his mind, and b) I have no idea what you mean by that term.

Did you purposely not answer my second and most important question?

So, now you agree with Obama????? Wow....talk about a hack....good luck with that.

so agreeing with obama makes me a hack? you're weird....that is the opposite of being a hack you ignorant tool

Sounds like they wanted Obama to give Bush a blowjob to thank him for saving the world.

That's what I'm gathering.

Hmm, I guess Obama is fucked up as Bush is. There was no "surge," and there is no "victory."

There was no great increase in troop strength, just a changing out of divisions and replacement of the dead and wounded up to that time. Many who went had no training or equiptment, and were trained in their dutys in the Green Zone. There were some increases in troops months later, and lot of those were shifted to Afghanistan.

I am not sure what you call a victory. If is said to appease our returning troops egos, count me on board. They did all they could with what they had to do with. But there is no victory in wars. There are thosuands missing arms, legs, faces, thousands of parents alone and missing family members, the destruction of the American economy and our Military machine, and no sign from the enemy that they suddenly surrendered. We are in no better position that the Russians were in their withdraw from the ME, or we were in the withdraw from Vietnam.

And I still want to see a hero's parade and celebration for our troops, the Welcome Home they deserve.

Last edited:

Did you purposely not answer my second and most important question?

Your second question is conditional on the first. Since I do not know if he was nation building, I do not have to explain if it was wroth it, or what we got out of it. One of the advantages of being able to understand English is not getting caught in traps like that one.

Wow! You, no fan of Fox news or it's employess, watched Fox News to see how their talking heads would respond to Obama's address and you found yourself outraged at the things they said. Color me surprised...

Yawn...

Wow! You, no fan of Fox news or it's employess, watched Fox News to see how their talking heads would respond to Obama's address and you found yourself outraged at the things they said. Color me surprised...

Yawn...

VaPudYank ain't our smartest lib here...

just sayin'.....

Forum List

Back