So let me get this straight.....

OK, and Obama's praising it.

You're a classic leftie, not thinking before trying to make a point. Not too bright.

I was bright enough to point out your lie. And who cares who praises it? It was nothing more than a bullshit smokescreen, as I said. Maybe "surge" is now the official codename for the big payoff, for all I know...

OK, and Obama's praising it.

You're a classic leftie, not thinking before trying to make a point. Not too bright.

I was bright enough to point out your lie. And who cares who praises it? It was nothing more than a bullshit smokescreen, as I said. Maybe "surge" is now the official codename for the big payoff, for all I know...
My lie? :lol:

K, you got me.

Yet, the man who has you in some kind of doe-eyed trance similar to a Beatles groupie, praised what you call bullshit. Great guy, praising bullshit.

Moron.

Yet, the man who has you in some kind of doe-eyed trance similar to a Beatles groupie, praised what you call bullshit. Great guy, praising bullshit.

Um, where did you get that idea? I just disagreed with him in my previous post... what part of "the surge is a bullshit smokescreen" did you not understand? When did I praise him, or anyone for that matter on here? Seems like your partisan hackery has you seeing things again...

You're the one that lied and said he had taken credit for something that he did not take credit for. I've been reading the news and I know this is a hot righty talky point topic today, so I am not surprised to see you regurgitate it here.

The "surge" was a bullshit smokescreen. ....
And, Obama's taking credit for it.

Brilliant post, Peepers. :thup:

Don't you mean taking credit for ENDING the debacle that was "The War In Iraq?"
First of all, I mean what I say, so I need no unsolicited edits fromyou ar anyone. Thanks anyway.

Secondly, if it's such a debacle, then you really need to call for ALL troops to be brought home.

Thirdly, the agreement between the US and Iraq to return combat troops was reached and signed during the Bush administration, while Obama was just a junior senator from Illinois.

Finally, the military mission (regime change, put in place by Clinton) was won in 17 days. Not what I call a debacle, but my mileage varies.

Finally, the military mission (regime change, put in place by Clinton) was won in 17 days. Not what I call a debacle, but my mileage varies.

The military "mission" was $$$, not regime change. We PUT Saddam into power, remember?

The invasion and occupation of Iraq was a war of choice. A war poorly planned even though it was pushed by the neo-conservative wing of the Republican Party for years, and a war clearly articulated in the Statement of Principles of the Project for New American Century posted June 3, 1997.
See: Statement of Principles

The names of those who signed this document are listed in the link.

As for our reasons to invade and occupy a foreign nation which did not attack us, a first in our long and honorable history, one needs to consider only two facts: the words of those who signed the PNAC and Oil.
If the neo-conservative wing of the Republican Party had a higher purpose for rejecting the long held conservative belief that American cannot, should not, be the policeman for the world, one might expect they would have advocated for the invastion and occupation of N. Korea, Somalia, Myanmar (Burma), for the people who live under the governments of these nations suffer greatly, much worse than did the Iraqi people under Saddam.

Um, where did you get that idea? I just disagreed with him in my previous post... what part of "the surge is a bullshit smokescreen" did you not understand? When did I praise him, or anyone for that matter on here? Seems like your partisan hackery has you seeing things again...

You're the one that lied and said he had taken credit for something that he did not take credit for. I've been reading the news and I know this is a hot righty talky point topic today, so I am not surprised to see you regurgitate it here.
So, your man, who has you in some kind of doe-eyed trance, prasied a 'bullshit smokescreen'. :thup:

Idiot. :lol:

Irrespective of your partisan hackery, few folks who are experts in military matters think the surge was bullshit or even a bullshit smokescreen. So, FINALLY Obama is listening to those who actually know what they're talking about with respect to military matters.

So, your man, who has you in some kind of doe-eyed trance, prasied a 'bullshit smokescreen'.

Idiot... again, I disagreed with him. I do not see the surge as legitimate - as in it is not REAL. He does see it as real, as "praised" it, or so you say. You really don't know what reading comprehension is, do you?

After spending just a little time watching Faux News after President Obama's speech, I think I heard nearly 2 dozen times that Obama should have thanked Bush for his "vision" for the surge and that he should have declared "victory" in Iraq. WTF? We won? Do these history and military geniuses also consider Vietnam and Korea "victories" simply because our troops did their jobs??

Iraq was our biggest foreign policy disaster since Vietnam. It was ALL Bush's fault. No Bush, no Iraq war.

President Obama was more than sufficiently gracious in the manner he mentioned Bush in last night's speech. Bush should be on his knees thanking President Obama for that merciful gesture.

So, your man, who has you in some kind of doe-eyed trance, prasied a 'bullshit smokescreen'.

Idiot... again, I disagreed with him. ....
Boy, are you really this stiupid? It looks that way.

I do not see the surge as legitimate - as in it is not REAL. He does see it as real, as "praised" it, or so you say. You really don't know what reading comprehension is, do you?
Who cares? You're no expert in military matters. Nor, is Obama...not even close.

I'm simply addressing your partisan hackery and stupidity.

I do not see the surge as legitimate - as in it is not REAL. He does see it as real, as "praised" it, or so you say. You really don't know what reading comprehension is, do you?
Who cares? You're no expert in military matters. Nor, is Obama...not even close.

And Bush was? Can you say "strategery"??

And Bush was? Can you say "strategery"??
Thanks for the tu quoque. It always makes me chuckle.

It was? Link?

There are millions of links. The best source I have found is Naomi Klein's "Shock Doctrine" section on Iraq. Interesting read with real sources backing it up. You should read it and decide for yourself.

"At the most chaotic juncture in Iraq’s civil war, a new law is unveiled that would allow Shell and BP to claim the country’s vast oil reserves…. Immediately following September 11, the Bush Administration quietly out-sources the running of the “War on Terror” to Halliburton and Blackwater…."

The Shock Doctrine | Naomi Klein
Billions Wasted In Iraq? - 60 Minutes - CBS News
CorpWatch*:*War Profiteers Site

Last edited:
It was? Link?

There are millions of links. The best source I have found is Naomi Klein's "Shock Doctrine" section on Iraq. Interesting read with real sources backing it up. You should read it and decide for yourself.

"At the most chaotic juncture in Iraq’s civil war, a new law is unveiled that would allow Shell and BP to claim the country’s vast oil reserves…. Immediately following September 11, the Bush Administration quietly out-sources the running of the “War on Terror” to Halliburton and Blackwater…."

The Shock Doctrine | Naomi Klein
Billions Wasted In Iraq? - 60 Minutes - CBS News
CorpWatch*:*War Profiteers Site
Naomi Klein? :lol: Now, you're just in a pissing contest. Uninteresting.

Forum List

Back