So, I'm Irish, but English too, but...

I have to say, I absolutely enjoy these people.

Salute`

I got so wasted on that shit one time I'll never forget. I got tangled up with a bunch of limey sailors and they kept buying me the stuff. Later on it took a taxi to find where I was staying because I had no idea at all. I woke up the next day and my face was all swollen. It took about a whole week until my head was completely cleared. That was my my first and the very last time I ever touched that stuff. I think it was even illegal in this country back then but I was in the Seychelles at the time.

It is still illegal, at least the stronger stuff, in America. My middle daughter's husband loves the stuff. I've never had it so I guess I need to man up.

These alcohol try vids just kill Me.

Just do yourself a favor and don't. Never say you weren't warned. It's really bad bad shit. I've had some real dusey hangovers before but that one was off the chart.

Salute`

I got so wasted on that shit one time I'll never forget. I got tangled up with a bunch of limey sailors and they kept buying me the stuff. Later on it took a taxi to find where I was staying because I had no idea at all. I woke up the next day and my face was all swollen. It took about a whole week until my head was completely cleared. That was my my first and the very last time I ever touched that stuff. I think it was even illegal in this country back then but I was in the Seychelles at the time.

It is still illegal, at least the stronger stuff, in America. My middle daughter's husband loves the stuff. I've never had it so I guess I need to man up.

Just do yourself a favor and don't. Never say you weren't warned. It's really bad bad shit. I've had some real dusey hangovers before but that one was off the chart.

Brother, when I was 16 (a virgin in the alcohol), a friend and I did a full 12-pack of buds and two-fifths of mescale.

Not only did I end up with the worst hangover of all time, I nearly ended up in the hospital. Three days I was in bed recovering.

That learned me to throw up a few times during the party.

HA!!!

lol

The whole point though is the people who are doing these vids.

They are pretty endearing to watch and listen to. It almost makes me want to go to Ireland and get some people drunk!

The biggest thing I love about the Irish is that they have a song for everything.

Only the Irish...

Did they beat the drum slowly did they play the fife lowly,
did they sound the death march as they lowered you down
did the band play the last post and chorus,
did the pipes play the "Flowers of the Forest"

Well how do you do young Willie McBride?
do you mind if I sit down here by your graveside
and rest for a while 'neath the warm summer sun
I've been walkin' all day and I'm nearly done
I see by your gravestone you were only nineteen
when you joined the great fallen of 1916
Well I hope you died quick and I hope you died clean
Willie McBride was it slow and obscene

And the beautiful wife or the sweetheart for life
in some faithful heart are you forever enshrined
and although you died back in 1916
in that faithful heart are you forever nineteen?
or are you a stranger without even a name
enshrined forever behind a glass pane
in an ould photograph torn tattered and stained,
fading to yellow in a brown leather frame?

Now the sun shines down on the green fields of France
a warm summer wind makes the red poppys dance
The trences have vanished under the plows,
there's no gas no barbed wire, there's no guns firing now
but here in this graveyard it's still No Man's land,
the countless white crosses stand mute in the sand
for man's blind indifference to his fellow man,
to a whole generation that was butchered and damned

Now Willie McBride I can't help wonder why
Do those who lie here do they know why they died
Did they really beleive when they answered the call
did they really believe that this war would end wars
Forever this song of suffereing and shame
the killing the dying was all done in vain
for young Willie McBride it's all happened again,
and again, and again, and again and again

Salute`

I have been told all of my life I'm 3/4 Scotch/Irish....

I had my DNA checked and found out this is BS.
I'm really:

• 87% English....predominantly Welsh, :beer:Northwestern European (Netherlands, Amsterdam):smoke:
  • 10% Irish and Scottish☘️ :cheers2:☘️
  • 3% Swedish

Yeah I did one of those DNA things too. Was told my whole life "You know you have Native American blood on both sides"

Bullshit

I am...like most white Americans a broad mixture of western Europe. I think most people that claim they are something are probably wrong.
I mean...unless you look in the mirror and just see a ****** there...then.

Salute`

I'm really:

• 87% English....predominantly Welsh, :beer:Northwestern European (Netherlands, Amsterdam):smoke:
  • 3% Swedish

Yeah I did one of those DNA things too. Was told my whole life "You know you have Native American blood on both sides"

Bullshit

I am...like most white Americans a broad mixture of western Europe. I think most people that claim they are something are probably wrong.

You might have some Native blood, but because there is too small of a sample to match.....most Natives don't bother with testing (because they want to be able to say they're mostly Indian) when in fact many of them aren't even 25%. I have a rare blood type (AB NEG) which usually shows up among certain North American tribes. It doesn't match either of my parents blood types. My half brothers and sisters are roughly. 30% native. Different father. Same mother. So I'm gonna go with the DNA results that says I have none till Native Americans begin to participate in the testing.

Salute`

Brother, when I was 16 (a virgin in the alcohol), a friend and I did a full 12-pack of buds and two-fifths of mescale.

Not only did I end up with the worst hangover of all time, I nearly ended up in the hospital. Three days I was in bed recovering.

HA!!!

lol

Wow I've had some really bad hangovers in my life but nothing that put me in a hospital.

Here's a tip, if you can get to some oxygen, a few hits of that will clear you right up PDQ. I was in aviation for a while so had ready access to oxygen. If had had a long night I'd spend a minute or two on O2 and I'd be like a new man.

Salute`

HA!!!

lol

Wow I've had some really bad hangovers in my life but nothing that put me in a hospital.

Here's a tip, if you can get to some oxygen, a few hits of that will clear you right up PDQ. I was in aviation for a while so had ready access to oxygen. If had had a long night I'd spend a minute or two on O2 and I'd be like a new man.

That was 43 years ago. I've gotten better at handling the booze since then.

Salute`

I'm really:

• 3% Swedish

Bullshit

You might have some Native blood, but because there is too small of a sample to match.....most Natives don't bother with testing (because they want to be able to say they're mostly Indian) when in fact many of them aren't even 25%. I have a rare blood type (AB NEG) which usually shows up among certain North American tribes. It doesn't match either of my parents blood types. My half brothers and sisters are roughly. 30% native. Different father. Same mother. So I'm gonna go with the DNA results that says I have none till Native Americans begin to participate in the testing.

Then it would categorize the DNA portions as unknown, or 'Broadly X'. I have neither in my test result for Asia or the Americas. Further, the test results should never incorrectly or intentionally assign segments to incorrect Haplogroups.
Sorry...got no Injun or Groid.

Forum List

Back