So I ordered me a gun last night.

This will be my next purchase. It’s a numbered set of two. I’m keeping one and giving one to my Son. I am looking toward to reloading the .45 colt and seeing what it will do. I’m getting an inch cut off my barrel so it will carry alittle more easy. Comes with a .45 ACP cylinder to so there will be cheap ass plinkin’ ammo to.

C41B49EF-13C0-488B-A7F1-6009627BBD35.jpeg

In the prone position you tilt the rifle to the side and the ever operates quite easily
So you have to take it off your shoulder and lose your sight picture.
Nope, you do neither. It takes practice, but once you have mastered it it works very well.
In which case you have an absolutely crap prone shooting position, compromised by the need to twist. If you don't take the rifle off its position on your shoulder while maintaining your sight picture that means you have to lift your shoulder to twist the rifle which means your position is not as stable as it could be.

It also means you lose your body position. And of course it's obvious that one doesn't aim a weapon, one aims one's body and the weapon follows.

Too, if it takes practice it's not easy. There's a word for that.

Last edited:
In the prone position you tilt the rifle to the side and the ever operates quite easily
So you have to take it off your shoulder and lose your sight picture.
Nope, you do neither. It takes practice, but once you have mastered it it works very well.
In which case you have an absolutely crap prone shooting position, compromised by the need to twist. If you don't take the rifle off its position on your shoulder while maintaining your sight picture that means you have to lift your shoulder to twist the rifle which means your position is not as stable as it could be.

It also means you lose your body position. And of course it's obvious that one doesn't aim a weapon, one aims one's body and the weapon follows.

Too, if it takes practice it's not easy. There's a word for that.

You don't twist 90 degrees. You have to do around 8 degrees to clear the ground. The rifle stays mounted the whole time and the sight picture remains the same throughout.

Not a prone shooter. In my part of Texas the fire ants will have your ass if you do that and hold still to long.

Forum List

Back