So I heard McCain wants to bomb Syria, opinions?

Humanitarian reasons? There's a dictator killing his people off. It would be good to have allies in that part of world for a change. Those people deserve better than Assad.

Our "Creating allies by freeing them from dictators" plan hasnt gone as well as we hoped in the past. Why would it be different this time?

If we were justified by going to war with every single nation where a dictator is killing off his people, we'd be in most nations in the world right now. What other justification would we need?

What exactly do we gain by this? If we dont gain anything, i don't see why we should get involved.

I'm not saying we should get invovled, and your points are valid, but the reasons we woul get involved would be to stop Assad and maybe pave the way for a democratic free ally in Syria if all goes. It's a long shot I know. Libya did not cost much in terms of money or lives, so maybe an opperation like that would serve us well, I don't know.

Or are we too stuck on sex, boobs and rubbers to have an opinion yet?

I could agree with a target any tank in a residential area policy as long as its a joint operation. No boots, no invasion, just aerial support for the civilians that are being slaughtered.

Yes I know we have serious money problems but if we stopped trying to teach Afghanistan how to eat with a fork and tie a tie we wouldn't have a problem with it.

No and here's why. I put up a thread about this earlier but I haven't had a chance to drive it.

But here you go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So we actually helped these vermin?

This is just stunning. I've seen the pictures. I've read the stories but I love this guy's rant. It's his title in the thread and it's bang on the money.

I'm only putting this in politics because I just heard a clip of McCain calling for airstrikes over freaking Syria now.

This is how we get repaid for helping. Disgusting. Why bother.

Whole article at link. And the video they made.

So these Islamic extremists have upped the ante with an act of depravity that should humiliate their religion.

In scenes to make you feel ill, gangs of Muslim thugs have attacked the Commonwealth War Cemetery at Benghazi, on Libya's Mediterranean coast, kicking over the headstones of Allied soldiers

The video of these vandals at work is almost unwatchable.

With manufactured fury the locals - freed from repression not once, but twice by Western forces - kick out at the white markers of the fallen heroes of World War II's North Africa campaigns, among whom are many Australians.

The scab of humanity recording all this gets so excited that he is overcome by the urge to join in and films his own feet repeatedly kicking at one of the tombstones until, at last, it gives way and yet another man's memory is desecrated.

It seems the sniggering savages can't believe their luck when they come across a headstone with a Star of David.

No prize for guessing what happens next.

Then the mob swarms over the large cross overlooking the graves attacking it with sledgehammers until it too is destroyed.

So we actually helped these vermin? | Herald Sun

Last edited:
While I agree with that it hardly passes as a response to the actual Syria issue.

Well, I assumed you'd realize that Im saying it because I think its absolutely absurd for us to think about going into Syria when there is no reason to.

Humanitarian reasons? There's a dictator killing his people off. It would be good to have allies in that part of world for a change. Those people deserve better than Assad.

Like those in Afganistan and Iraq love us?

But tornado victims in Ohio should be on their own?

Avatar I find you to be a very shallow Christian. I'm not a believer but I used to be. A devout one at that. Your Christianity seems to be contained within your political bubble.

Jesus wasn't American. He was a man for all peoples. Not just the economically strapped Americans. You would probably support America coming to israels aid in a military setting and they are quite capable of defending themselves. Yet a peoples who are being shelled in their own homes are out of bounds for our aid.

If you're going to preach gods word don't be half assed about it based on your political beliefs.

Our "Creating allies by freeing them from dictators" plan hasnt gone as well as we hoped in the past. Why would it be different this time?

If we were justified by going to war with every single nation where a dictator is killing off his people, we'd be in most nations in the world right now. What other justification would we need?

What exactly do we gain by this? If we dont gain anything, i don't see why we should get involved.

I'm not saying we should get invovled, and your points are valid, but the reasons we woul get involved would be to stop Assad and maybe pave the way for a democratic free ally in Syria if all goes. It's a long shot I know. Libya did not cost much in terms of money or lives, so maybe an opperation like that would serve us well, I don't know.

Im not sure if that is a significant American interest though.

Avatar I find you to be a very shallow Christian. I'm not a believer but I used to be. A devout one at that. Your Christianity seems to be contained within your political bubble.

Jesus wasn't American. He was a man for all peoples. Not just the economically strapped Americans. You would probably support America coming to israels aid in a military setting and they are quite capable of defending themselves. Yet a peoples who are being shelled in their own homes are out of bounds for our aid.

If you're going to preach gods word don't be half assed about it based on your political beliefs.

I know Jesus wasn't American. He is Jewish.

There are more ways to help people than to just invade their country.

And you claim to be a Christian?

What a fucking joke.

What do we stand to gain? How about the lives of innocent people? Or is your Christianity conditional?

I am Christian. Where does it say in the Bible that we are to wage war on every dictator in the world?

Did I say wage war?

NOPE

I said PROTECT CIVILIANS.

But you politically shape it to fit your ideology.

Sad

Well, I assumed you'd realize that Im saying it because I think its absolutely absurd for us to think about going into Syria when there is no reason to.

Like those in Afganistan and Iraq love us?

But tornado victims in Ohio should be on their own?

First of all we wouldn't be the ones starting a war in Syria. There's already one being fought.

What about Libya? Simular situation right?

Lives saved is a significant humanitarian interest.

And you claim to be a Christian?

What a fucking joke.

What do we stand to gain? How about the lives of innocent people? Or is your Christianity conditional?

I am Christian. Where does it say in the Bible that we are to wage war on every dictator in the world?

Did I say wage war?

NOPE

I said PROTECT CIVILIANS.

But you politically shape it to fit your ideology.

Sad

The topic very much is war. What do you think bombing a nation is if not?

Again, you can protect civilians without fighting.

Fuck you for being a lying hack!

NO WHERE IN MY THREAD DOES IT SAY INVADE.

Neg earned

You are the one who told me the subject won't change from sex until we post new threads about new topics. Well what fucking good does it do when people like you can't even hold an HONEST discussion? You have to twist it to suit your view. I didn't present it that way but you had 0 fucking problems skirting the facts as presented just to suit YOU.

Don't forget that NATO means never having to say you are sorry. Bill Clinton used NATO to bomb the snot out of defenseless Yugoslavia to deflect attention about his peculiar sex habits and Barry Hussein used NATO to bomb Libya to pave the way for the muslem brotherhood takeover. Even if US bombers are used the president gets a pass if the liberal media says "NATO done it".

Fuck you for being a lying hack!

NO WHERE IN MY THREAD DOES IT SAY INVADE.

Neg earned

You are the one who told me the subject won't change from sex until we post new threads about new topics. Well what fucking good does it do when people like you can't even hold an HONEST discussion? You have to twist it to suit your view. I didn't present it that way but you had 0 fucking problems skirting the facts as presented just to suit YOU.

What exactly do you we are doing bombing Syria exactly? In what way have I been dishonest about anything on this topic.

And yes, i did tell you to post new topics so we could move on from Rush. And we are sitting here having a discussion. I have no clue why you are flipping out right now. Especially when Ive clearly said that I oppose War with Syria when we have no clear interest that I can see.

so the feds should help tornado victims in Ohio?
Or just victims in other countries?

In that part of the world if we could make headway it would be a major accomplishment.

so the feds should help tornado victims in Ohio?
Or just victims in other countries?

No. The Feds shouldnt help the Tornado victims. We as individuals should.

As we should do our part to help victims in other countries. That doesn't necessarily mean bombing. Nor does it mean we need to have the government do anything.

There are lots of things we can do to change the world.

Forum List

Back