So Does Obama Know His Place Now?

and if the skin pigmentation is black then they automatically lack the ability, unless they are con$ervative, of course.

i judge people solely on what they "do"...not by what they "say"...and especially not by how they "look". If barack obama had been judged by the american people in the same manner than he wouldn't be president of the united states right now.

completely true. Totally, utterly, definitively true.

If you took obama's resume and put a white man's picture on the front of it, he would not have been elected.

Geraldine ferraro was correct.

As marcatl so smoothly reminded us, obama is no satchell paige.

jfk

i judge people solely on what they "do"...not by what they "say"...and especially not by how they "look". If barack obama had been judged by the american people in the same manner than he wouldn't be president of the united states right now.

completely true. Totally, utterly, definitively true.

If you took obama's resume and put a white man's picture on the front of it, he would not have been elected.

Geraldine ferraro was correct.

As marcatl so smoothly reminded us, obama is no satchell paige.

jfk

Wasn't Satchell Paige either.

Actually, CON$ have been complaining that Obama never released his grades from Occidental, Columbia or Harvard, but CON$ are psycho, er ...., er ...., Psychic and know everything. What is known is that Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School, pretty good for an affirmative action student!!!!! :lol:

It's very good for ANY student and he's to be commended for it. It is rather curious however that he's always resisted having his grades released.
It's even more curious that some people assume his unreleased grades were "sub par" based solely on his skin color!!!

He has SAID they were.

Listen to your president for goodness sake! WE do!!!!!

He obviously got into Columbia with the grades he had and you have no proof that affirmative action had anything to do with it. That is just your RACIST opinion. You are just a jealous SLACKER who has accomplished absolutely nothing your entire life!!!

Obama himself said he benefited from affirmative action.

Do you know anything about the man in the White House?

All successful blacks have, right?

I did not say that. I did not imply that. I made a statement based on what the President has said to someone who obviously doesn't pay attention to the president - just goes around calling other people racist for knowing things he/she doesn't know.

It's the height of ignorance to call someone else racist for knowing more than you.

Some of the people here really need to start paying attention to the man they elected.

Better late than never I guess.

Last edited:
Okay, here's a stupid question. If you really believe BHO is nobody and nothing, who just caught a series of lucky breaks (special thanks to Affirmative Action) - why aren't there all manner of black men and women exactly like him?

Obama isn't a nobody and nothing. You aren't a nobody or a nothing. I am not a nobody or a nothing. Who is?

But he did catch a series of lucky breaks. His skill set included opportunism along with intelligence and other useful traits. The people around him nurtured his narcissism.

He isn't the Manchurian Candidate some people like to suggest. But he was the Perfect Storm.

That's why there aren't "all manner of black men and women exactly like him". It took a highly improbable confluence of events, environment and personal skills for Obama to ascend to the presidency.

He does have skills. Some remarkable.

He didn't have the experience to justify his election to the office of president - but he had the skills to one day achieve that by his own merits. But as it turned out he didn't need to wait. His ego and his enablers helped it happen way before it should have.

It can't happen often. As silly as we humans can sometimes be, life tends to have its own checks and balances.

Okay, here's a stupid question. If you really believe BHO is nobody and nothing, who just caught a series of lucky breaks (special thanks to Affirmative Action) - why aren't there all manner of black men and women exactly like him?

Obama isn't a nobody and nothing. You aren't a nobody or a nothing. I am not a nobody or a nothing. Who is?

But he did catch a series of lucky breaks. His skill set included opportunism along with intelligence and other useful traits. The people around him nurtured his narcissism.

He isn't the Manchurian Candidate some people like to suggest. But he was the Perfect Storm.

That's why there aren't "all manner of black men and women exactly like him". It took a highly improbable confluence of events, environment and personal skills for Obama to ascend to the presidency.

He didn't have the experience to justify his election to the office of president - but he had the skills to one day achieve that by his own merits. But as it turned out he didn't need to wait. His ego and his enablers helped it happen way before it should have.

It can't happen often. As silly as we humans can sometimes be, life tends to have its own checks and balances.

Still bitter about Hillary?

Still bitter about Hillary?

Interesting question.

Hillary would have been better than Obama.

My guy was Romney. I was quite upset when Huckabee and McCain joined forces to shut him out. A Romney-Hillary fight would have been a worthy match.

With either one we would probably be in a robust economic recovery now. I think more robust with Romney than with Hillary, but either way things would be much better than they are now.

Obama had a lousy sense of priorities and was way too inclined to micromanage. A little tax break here. A little waiver there. Tweak tweak tweak. Death by a thousand cuts. Each one causing people to be a little more reluctant to move forward because there was no telling what he might want to tinker with next.

I do wish he had done some more managing of his stimulus and HAMP once he set the ball rolling on those. I wish he had checked in on HAMP and tried to make sure it was working as envisioned. But he didn't. Because of his problem with priorities.

So he is guaranteed a win in 2012? :)

So he is guaranteed a win in 2012? :)

He has the home field advantage. But it's not guaranteed.

Actually, CON$ have been complaining that Obama never released his grades from Occidental, Columbia or Harvard, but CON$ are psycho, er ...., er ...., Psychic and know everything. What is known is that Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School, pretty good for an affirmative action student!!!!! :lol:

It's very good for ANY student and he's to be commended for it. It is rather curious however that he's always resisted having his grades released.
It's even more curious that some people assume his unreleased grades were "sub par" based solely on his skin color!!!

I assume they were "sub par" based on his reluctance to release them. The color of his skin doesn't affect that assumption one way or the other. Your trying to say that it does is simply the game that's played every time someone criticizes this President.

RW fatso extraordinaire recently said "The Republicans if they have any hope of winning the 2012 election, have got to put this guy in his place using this as their opportunity to do it. No doubt about it." He was referring to the faux-outrage non-story about the date change.

First question, what place does our President need to be in?

Second question, was this a dog-whistle race-baiting code word or not?

Why/why not

Boehner Should Reject Obama's Request for Joint Session Speech

If this was just politics by Boehner, then I find it really, really petty.

I am going to take the man at his word and hope there was an actual pragmatic reason for this stupidity.

Rush is a racist bought off a-hole...he knows his audience.....many thanks to him...

Limbaugh is a product of his environment.

A rich kid who grew up sheltered in a (relatively small) Southern Missouri town with a country club membership and a dad with far right views. As being opinionated was his only real talent, and not having the need to learn the value of hard work, he screwed around until he was able to hit the jack pot in radio by being an opinionated asshole.

If he were worth a damn or had any balls to back up that big mouth, he'd have at least gone on to serve in Viet Nam. Instead, he found a way out (like many sons of privileged in small towns).

There's a handful of people like that in every small town. Limbaugh is the only one to win the douche bag lottery.

I assume they were "sub par" based on his reluctance to release them. The color of his skin doesn't affect that assumption one way or the other. Your trying to say that it does is simply the game that's played every time someone criticizes this President.

We have his word that he wasn't a stellar student.

But there's also other reasons for him not to release his transcripts.

There's the obvious one of candidates and presidents not usually (ever?) releasing their own grades.

But also he told us in his memoir about the kind of friends and mentors he sought out as an undergrad. I think that if the public were to have seen his coursework and organization memberships in plain print and available on any google search, they probably would have recoiled at some of his choices. It would have added weight to the accusations of his Marxist leanings. Could have swayed the middle of the road voter.

Yeah, how dare that uppity negro beat the GOP with their own tactics, doesn't he know his place?!!! Only the GOP are allowed to use shills like Stuttering LimpTard and HanNITWITty to spew the GOP racist hate while the GOP pretends to have clean hands.

August 9, 2011
Story #4: Regime's 2012 Plan: Politics of Personal Destruction
RUSH: I've talked to many people, potential Republican presidential nominees. Many have asked to come see me personally, and there's a uniformity of message and they've all said, "Rush..." In fact, they've all I think been asking me to behave in a similar way. They say, "Look, we can't go after Obama personally. We just can't afford to do it. We have to stay focused on Obama's policies. We've gotta take the high road."

"Uppity negro"? See, this is exactly WHY none of the Republicans nominees now...and none of the Democratic nominees when he ran in 2008...dare to say anything negative about Barack Obama as a person because they will be instantly accused of racism. It's a joke. Sorry, but despite what you hear from the Main Stream Media, the man is not a saint nor does he surround himself with saints. He is in fact rather thin skinned about criticism and prone to being peevish when he doesn't get his way. He and his associates have always played political hardball right back to his first run for the State Senate in Illinois, which he won not by getting more votes than everyone else but by getting all of his opponents disqualified on procedural grounds.

So you concede that they are sending Rush to do their dirty work, the same thing you bashed Obama for doing?

Both the Democrats that ran against Barack Obama back in 2008 and Republicans who run against him now KNOW only too well that they cannot point out any of his personal "baggage" without being accused of racism. I'm quite sure Hillary would have LOVED for someone to do her "dirty work" for her, just as Republican candidates would LOVE to have someone else take the heat for pointing out the rather glaring inconsistencies in the Barack Obama "narrative".

I just it laughable that Barack Obama has managed to portray himself as "above" petty politics, when he's one of Emile Jone's "guys" from Chicago, and you folks all buy it.

RW fatso extraordinaire recently said "The Republicans if they have any hope of winning the 2012 election, have got to put this guy in his place using this as their opportunity to do it. No doubt about it." He was referring to the faux-outrage non-story about the date change.

Why/why not

I am going to take the man at his word and hope there was an actual pragmatic reason for this stupidity.

Of course there is a pragmatic reason for what Boehner did. The Obama camp tried to upstage the Republican debate by calling for a joint session of Congress on the same night and at the same time and Boehner balked. It was petty politics by the Democrats...responded to by petty politics by the Republicans.

We have his word that he wasn't a stellar student.

But there's also other reasons for him not to release his transcripts.

There's the obvious one of candidates and presidents not usually (ever?) releasing their own grades.

But also he told us in his memoir about the kind of friends and mentors he sought out as an undergrad. I think that if the public were to have seen his coursework and organization memberships in plain print and available on any google search, they probably would have recoiled at some of his choices. It would have added weight to the accusations of his Marxist leanings. Could have swayed the middle of the road voter.

Personally, I don't think candidates for President should be allowed to hide things like this from the American public. If you want the highest office in the land then don't hold back information from the people who have to make the decision of who deserves that office. Just as someone's choice of college, choice of major, and class standing tells us something about them...their choice of classes speaks volumes about them as a person. The more I know about the candidates other than the hot air they ALL spout when up on stage, then the better able I'm going to be at selecting the best person for the job.

Why/why not

Of course there is a pragmatic reason for what Boehner did. The Obama camp tried to upstage the Republican debate by calling for a joint session of Congress on the same night and at the same time and Boehner balked. It was petty politics by the Democrats...responded to by petty politics by the Republicans.

If that's the case, then Boehner lied - which is uninspiring.

Furthermore, party politics shouldn't trump a presidential address. Also uninspiring.

I don't need my, "outrage", to have credibility with the likes of you, Dave. And I don't need you to tell me whom to criticize. You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
*shrug* No skin off my nose. If you don't mind your sole criterion of racism being correctly pointed out as having to do with politics, it really doesn't bother me.

Good. Then STFU.
I'm curious how you think you can make me...?

Forum List

Back