So because Obama won a Fair Election Rightwingers trying to throw the country into..

The Supreme Court ruled in 1869 that it is not Unconstitutional to leave the Union, but that it must occur by a vote of the Congress. Armed rebellion IS illegal.

Now show me in any of these petitions were any of them advocate armed rebellion? Or are you saying one does not have the freedom to make a petition for something that is Legal and Constitutional?

And we are talking about less then 9000 people with a goal of 25000, Hate to break it to you but there will be no one leaving the UNION just yet.

And none of them advocate force or open rebellion. None of them advocate armed resistance or illegal actions.

Incorrect.

It is un-Constitutional for a state to ‘secede’ from the Union:

In a 5-to-3 decision, [t]he Court held that individual states could not unilaterally secede from the Union and that the acts of the insurgent Texas legislature--even if ratified by a majority of Texans--were "absolutely null." Even during the period of rebellion, however, the Court found that Texas continued to be a state.

Texas v. White | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

From the ruling:
When, therefore, Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.

Texas v. White
Thus, unless these ‘secessionists’ are planning to start an armed rebellion, or obtain the consent of the other 49 states, such petitions are pointless political theater, yet another infantile temper-tantrum from the right.
Do you bother to read anything. Go ahead and read what you just quoted from me , then tell me where I claimed a State could leave the Union without permission. The petition is to do just that get Congress to approve certain States leaving. But it only ask for 25000 signatures from across the Country, it is symbolic as that number from everywhere is nothing.

I REPEAT, quote for me where I said a State can leave the Union without Congressional APPROVAL.

As for infantile temper tantrums I remember a few from your side in 2000 and 2004.

The Supreme Court ruled in 1869 that it is not Unconstitutional to leave the Union, but that it must occur by a vote of the Congress. Armed rebellion IS illegal.

Now show me in any of these petitions were any of them advocate armed rebellion? Or are you saying one does not have the freedom to make a petition for something that is Legal and Constitutional?

And we are talking about less then 9000 people with a goal of 25000, Hate to break it to you but there will be no one leaving the UNION just yet.

And none of them advocate force or open rebellion. None of them advocate armed resistance or illegal actions.

Armed rebellion is not the only way to insist on the principle. When federal troops get sent into a state that refuses to abide by federal laws, we'll see who gets their asses shot off.

Armed rebellion is not the only way to insist on the principle. When federal troops get sent into a state that refuses to abide by federal laws, we'll see who gets their asses shot off.

The people have the constitutional and legal right to petition the Government for just about anything. A petition with x number of signatures will not legally allow the Government to deploy troops, arrest anyone or send in the dogs. In Fact the Court decision states that Congress can establish procedures for States to leave the Union. One way to attempt that LEGALLY is to send a Petition to the Congress.

So you support Federal troops to enforce drug laws in ANY State that makes Federally barred drugs legal in that State? Or is THAT different?

So you support Federal troops to enforce drug laws in ANY State that makes Federally barred drugs legal in that State? Or is THAT different?

Reality check. An insurrection is a threat to the Union. Federal laws that regulate drugs and alcohol and other things are in a different ballpark

stop being an idiot

The people have the constitutional and legal right to petition the Government for just about anything. A petition with x number of signatures will not legally allow the Government to deploy troops, arrest anyone or send in the dogs. In Fact the Court decision states that Congress can establish procedures for States to leave the Union. One way to attempt that LEGALLY is to send a Petition to the Congress.

your are so stupid it isn't even funny anymore. No Congress is going to help any state leave the Union. :cuckoo:

your posts remind me of the scene in a movie

Reality check. An insurrection is a threat to the Union. Federal laws that regulate drugs and alcohol and other things are in a different ballpark

stop being an idiot

This thread has ZERO evidence of an armed insurrection. In fact the links are to a petition to be sent to Congress to ask to be allowed to peacefully leave the Union. Which is Constitutional and legal.

stop being an idiot

This thread has ZERO evidence of an armed insurrection. In fact the links are to a petition to be sent to Congress to ask to be allowed to peacefully leave the Union. Which is Constitutional and legal.

You'd be stealing the property of the United States of America.

What, you think we're just going to let you walk away stealing our land, our citizens and more?

Nah. You're staying. We are the British, and we won't let you leave without a fight.

At least with the original American war of independence, we were a fucking colony. You're trying to secede as fully established states, jeopardizing the safety and well being of the rest of us.

Last edited:
Avalon (1990) - IMDb

In the movie: a grade school classroom. RetiredGySgt attempting to learn the difference between 'can and 'may'

Teacher: "Use 'can' for what it is possible to do, and use 'may' for permission to do something."

RetiredGySgt: "Can I go to the bathroom?"

Teacher: "Yes you can, but you may not."

RetiredGySgt: "I don't understand it. You said I can but I can't."

stop being an idiot

What, you think we're just going to let you walk away stealing our land, our citizens and more?

Nah. You're staying. We are the British, and we won't let you leave without a fight.

At least with the original American war of independence, we were a fucking colony. You're trying to secede as fully established states.

I see you lack reading comprehension. One is free to petition all they want. I never said it would succeed. I never implied it would succeed. I stated it would not and that it is symbolic only.

Unlike several of you hysterical Liberals insisting a petition was somehow leading to armed rebellion and States unilaterally leaving the Union. A petition that only asks for 25000 signatures.

At least with the original American war of independence, we were a fucking colony. You're trying to secede as fully established states.

I see you lack reading comprehension. One is free to petition all they want. I never said it would succeed. I never implied it would succeed. I stated it would not and that it is symbolic only.

Unlike several of you hysterical Liberals insisting a petition was somehow leading to armed rebellion and States unilaterally leaving the Union. A petition that only asks for 25000 signatures.

Where did you state that it would not succeed and is symbolic only? Was that in another post other than the one above?

Nobody said petitioning is wrong, I'm saying that if you left the Union somehow, it wouldn't be long at all before we dragged your sorry ass kicking and screaming back into it.

This country is going to continue to succeed baby, and you're going to be a part of it if you like it or not. I mean you're more than welcome to move to another country, you're just not making that other country out of land that exists presently in the United States of America.

Where did you state that it would not succeed and is symbolic only? Was that in another post other than the one above?

Nobody said petitioning is wrong, I'm saying that if you left the Union somehow, it wouldn't be long at all before we dragged your sorry ass kicking and screaming back into it.

This country is going to continue to succeed baby, and you're going to be a part of it if you like it or not. I mean you're more than welcome to move to another country, you're just not making that other country out of land that exists presently in the United States of America.

Perhaps if you BOTHERED to read the thread? Ohh I know to much trouble when you can simply create different lies and pretend they are fact. Now go find and quote me where I said I wanted to leave the Union. And then read your fellow liberals posts in this thread, Dante was blathering about sending troops because of a petition.

Perhaps if you BOTHERED to read the thread? Ohh I know to much trouble when you can simply create different lies and pretend they are fact. Now go find and quote me where I said I wanted to leave the Union. And then read your fellow liberals posts in this thread, Dante was blathering about sending troops because of a petition.

I didn't read the whole thread. I can admit that. I almost never do. I mean god damn dude, I have other things to do than post on this forum all god damn day. I have to fit all my shit into an hour or two a day, on my heavy days.

But where did I lie? I fucking said exactly what I believe would happen(and what i would support) if a secession succeeded. It wouldn't be a success for long.

People on your side have been talking about secession for a long ass time... and my response is always the same.

I for one wish the radical red states would secede.

Except for Texas they collectively have no economy whatsoever. Texas has oil - otherwise it'd be bust.

Florida has been thriving on Northern money for the past 50 years - and that's over.

The red states get the lions share of the federal handouts.

If the blues states could get rid of the red states our economies would boom - especially because we could get rid of most of the wingnut lunatic and run our national economy without their B.S. stopping us.

It'd be great!

I didn't read the whole thread. I can admit that. I almost never do. I mean god damn dude, I have other things to do than post on this forum all god damn day. I have to fit all my shit into an hour or two a day, on my heavy days.

But where did I lie? I fucking said exactly what I believe would happen(and what i would support) if a secession succeeded. It wouldn't be a success for long.

People on your side have been talking about secession for a long ass time... and my response is always the same.

You addressed me and claimed I wanted to leave and that I was for armed rebellion. You specifically said I wanted those things.

As for leaving the Union there has not been a serious conversation by anyone on that idea at least since the end of reconstruction. One can symbolically do a lot of stuff. One can also talk about something that they have no intention of doing or of supporting.

As to armed rebellion or any State Unilaterally declaring themselves not part of the United States, that is not even what the linked articles say , imply or want. This whole thread is a bunch of crying scared liberals afraid their gravy train may end.

You addressed me and claimed I wanted to leave and that I was for armed rebellion. You specifically said I wanted those things.

As for leaving the Union there has not been a serious conversation by anyone on that idea at least since the end of reconstruction. One can symbolically do a lot of stuff. One can also talk about something that they have no intention of doing or of supporting.

As to armed rebellion or any State Unilaterally declaring themselves not part of the United States, that is not even what the linked articles say , imply or want. This whole thread is a bunch of crying scared liberals afraid their gravy train may end.

It's not addressed to you personally.

Wait, you're saying that people, laymen, have never had any serious conversation about secession? Are all the people on this forum just joking around?

"Haha oh man that black man... he totally ruined this country. I spit on this country now. Let's split up the states. States rights to succeed! NAH! JUST KIDDING! I really love this country and I would never spit on it."

Oh, and gravy train end? Sorry baby we have four more years of this gravy train. Choo chooooo!

Last edited:
The wife works at a grocery store, so you know that she has seen it all, and tonight she said to me that a lady may be calling in on her tommorrow, so I asked why ? She said that she (the lady) has "wic" (a government program for mothers with children who are poor), and that "wic" is very picky now about what can be purchased and what cannot be purchased with this "wic".

Ok so the lady brought two gallons of milk to the counter, and wic only allows the milk to be store labeled or store brand milk, and not the more expensive brand milk (in which I dis-agree with such a policy myself), because it should not matter what type of milk that a person is buying for their children, just as long as they don't exceed the amount of gallons that is alotted/allocated for them in the program. Anyway the store only had one gallon of store brand milk and the rest was the more expensive brand milk. The more expensive brand milk won't ring up on the wic voucher, so it cannot be bought/purchased even if the person wanted to buy it with the wic voucher. Ok so here my wife and this lady stands, and the lady says to my wife, well what do you want me to do, because I need two gallons of milk tonight, and my wife said the only thing that she could do is get a gallon of the store brand 2% milk, but the woman refused and said that her children won't drink that milk, and so my wife said that she can come back in the morning to get the other gallon when the truck gets there if she can or wants to, but the woman again refused and said, there is no way that I am coming back up here to get my milk when the truck gets here, I need it tonight.

My wife then figured that she wanted my wife to ring up the other gallon at the store brand price, and then let her go with it, but her boss said that my wife did the right thing by refusing any such notion in the situation, because the lady could have easily been an undecover agent for wic. Next the lady pulled out a piece of paper and wrote my wifes name tag down, as if my wife had done her wrong in the situation, when she didnot do her wrong, and was just doing what these programs say do. I got plenty of stories to tell from my wifes experiences in this type of work, and people would be amazed at what goes on.

Personally as I said before, the wic should except any type of milk that the mother is purchasing (nutrition is important for children), but not to exceed the amount of gallons as is allocated fo a single family.

I thought the dems were for nutrition and health for the kids, but it apears with the way this is set up, it is all about the money spent by the government in this situation, instead of truly being about the nutrition for the kids in such a situation. Can you believe this, but the woman was wrong for getting mad at my wife in the situation, and it just showed her ignorance in the situation. If they (the dems) will do this against children (hold back nutrition at the highest levels), then what will they do with the old when it comes to their health care and such ? Can we say death panels are on the way? I think we can safely say that it is true. I mean these are children they are denying nutritious milk to, and are forcing these mothers that are on the program, to buy the cheapest milk they can buy for their children or not have any milk at all. This woman should have been livid at the government, but she instead was mad at my wife for not cheating the government for her in the deal, and then she thinks she can cause my wife trouble for not doing so.. I feel sorry for people ya know...

You're damn right it's about the money spent. It's a valid and reasonable cost containment method. If the woman wants the more expensive brand label milk she can pay for it herself. If she needed it so badly then why didn't she? This is, after all, a free hand out for her and her family so I'm not sure what makes you think she deserves more than the basic when she isn't the one paying for it. Do I deserve to drive a Mercedes if all I can afford is a Ford?

:lol: Yeah, I'd like to see that happen. You think a president sicking the military on American citizens would bode well with the rest of the country?

:lol: Yeah, I'd like to see that happen. You think a president sicking the military on American citizens would bode well with the rest of the country?

In 1954 the Supreme Court ruled that racial segregation in public schools ... Republican President Eisenhower was forced to send federal troops to escort the new students to school.

and

Republican President Hoover .. The Bonus March (May-July, 1932)
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/macarthur/peopleevents/pandeAMEX89.html

Republicans Presidents send in the troops...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back