So a weak dollar is good for America??

Strong dollar is good for buyers, people on fixed incomes and savers

Weak dollar is good for sellers (but they are left with a declining profit) and people who short LITTLE BABY JESUS!

How could you?

The Munchkin Lad is an idiot

Mnuchin comment surprises financial markets, turns dollar decline into 'one-way bet'
  • The dollar, already on a spiral lower, sank to a three-year low after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said a weaker dollar was good for U.S. trade.
  • The comments depart from the strong dollar policy of Treasury secretaries before him, going back to Robert Rubin in the Clinton administration, but fit with the Trump administration's "America first" message.
  • The weak dollar policy could backfire and make U.S. assets like Treasurys less appealing, and drive up the costs of foreign goods for businesses and everyday Americans.
  • "They basically open this up as a one-way bet for traders, and traders will keep pushing it and keep pushing it," said one strategist.
Mnuchin comment surprises financial markets, turns dollar decline into 'one-way bet'

More - Dollar hits new low

Dollar Hits New Low After Mnuchin Says Weakness Aids Trade

this-is-steve-mnuchin-steve-worked-for-goldman-sachs-for-12964600.png
I winder if Trump’s economic plan is to devalue the dollar and American labor until we’re competing with 3rd world wages

No, that was obummers plan.
Yeah that’s why you rubes spent 8 years complaining that he was doing the exact opposite. Good fucking grief. :rolleyes:

obummer was great for his rich friends, but he was fucking over the middle class. Anyone with a brain figured that out after the first year of his admin....which leaves you out of course.

• The dollar, already on a spiral lower, sank to a three-year low after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said a weaker dollar was good for U.S. trade.
  • The comments depart from the strong dollar policy of Treasury secretaries before him, going back to Robert Rubin in the Clinton administration, but fit with the Trump administration's "America first" message.
  • The weak dollar policy could backfire and make U.S. assets like Treasurys less appealing, and drive up the costs of foreign goods for businesses and everyday Americans.
  • "They basically open this up as a one-way bet for traders, and traders will keep pushing it and keep pushing it," said one strategist.

I winder if Trump’s economic plan is to devalue the dollar and American labor until we’re competing with 3rd world wages

Yeah that’s why you rubes spent 8 years complaining that he was doing the exact opposite. Good fucking grief. :rolleyes:

obummer was great for his rich friends, but he was fucking over the middle class. Anyone with a brain figured that out after the first year of his admin....which leaves you out of course.

That is why he created the ACA and expanded Medicaid. Obama inherited a mess and Trump will leave a mess as well , and a Dem will have to clean it up.

That is why he created the ACA and expanded Medicaid. Obama inherited a mess and Trump will leave a mess as well , and a Dem will have to clean it up.

Both programs screwed the middle class dear. They were great for his rich pals who wrote the absurd law, remember, the architect said that he relied on the stupidity of the American people to get it passed, and it helped some poor people. But the middle class, they got screwed.

Both programs screwed the middle class dear. They were great for his rich pals who wrote the absurd law, remember, the architect said that he relied on the stupidity of the American people to get it passed, and it helped some poor people. But the middle class, they got screwed.

Tell that to someone with a pre-existing condition and the working poor. As it is many GOP states deny ins for those who fall in between the cracks. Most middle upper income have jobs that offer ins.

Tell that to someone with a pre-existing condition and the working poor. As it is many GOP states deny ins for those who fall in between the cracks. Most middle upper income have jobs that offer ins.

Seventy five MILLION people had to get screwed over so that roughly two million people could get their cheap health insurance. Check your numbers next time sweety.

But Donald inherited "a MESS" - Believe me! ;)

Fact check: Trump's messy case that he inherited a mess
What President Trump Inherits - FactCheck.org

He's like a tenant I once had who complained after moving in that he found a lettuce leaf in one of the refrigerator drawers - Who I then had to evict 9 months later for non-payment of rent - and ended up winning a court-approved $5500 judgement against for past rent, cleanup and damages.

The 2021 cleanup both domestically and internationally is going to be sort of like that times eleventy million berzillion.

Seventy five MILLION people had to get screwed over so that roughly two million people could get their cheap health insurance. Check your numbers next time sweety.

That's a ridiculous contention, and b) a moderator should refrain from calling female members "sweety"

Just sayin'

That's a ridiculous contention, and b) a moderator should refrain from calling female members "sweety"

Just sayin'
I see your point toots.

Sorry man, just a little tired of the sexist language prevalent around here. Fine with me if the mods don't care about a poster earlier suggesting that one of our female members "shove it up her pussy" but for damn sure, mods oughta be a tad more restrained.

Sorry man, just a little tired of the sexist language prevalent around here. Fine with me if the mods don't care about a poster earlier suggesting that one of our female members "shove it up her pussy" but for damn sure, mods oughta be a tad more restrained.
Since you need a safe space, try another site so you won't have to worry your pretty little head about it.

Having to travel to Britain somewhat frequently I have learned to play the currency game to my benefit.

When Sterling is cheap I buy extra and stash it away when I get back home. I use no-foreign-transaction fee credit cards during those times. Not only for current purchases in Britain but also in pre-booking and pre-paying accommodations when I have a definite schedule for the next trip. I have bought £s as low as $1.18. When I have to travel when the US$ is low I'm already covered on the pre-paid stuff and I use British cash I bought cheap on the previous trip. But that'll all come to an end when I no longer have to make those trips so the trick will be to avoid holding British currency at that time.

If you were thinking to travel this year do your planning, pre-pay nothing, and make your final decisions late in the game so you can abandon the proposed trip before you've really spent (or committed) anything. Don't think of it as "cancelling". Understand it to be "rescheduling".

75 millions sounds like the people who get Medicaid. 12.2 million on the ACA in 2017.

Forum List

Back