So A Troublemaker Is A Better Choice Than Someone Who Fixes Companys?

Obama claims he's the guy to fix the economy and he uses division and class-warfare to do it....
There’s your problem with your ‘logic’ right there: Obama has engaged in neither ‘division’ nor ‘class-warfare,’ that’s something the right dreamed up.

So when even Obama's former Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers, Christina Romer is saying that raising taxes on ANYONE in a weak economy is a bad idea...would you like to explain to me why Barack Obama has been running on tax increases for the rich? It's CLASSIC class-warfare, Clayton and what Obama has staked out as a position that he thinks could get him re-elected despite the fact that it's bad fiscal policy.

I worked in a company that was "fixed" by corporation raiders.

First they skimmed off our pension plan as having an "excess" amount. Then they reduced our pay by 20%, even though my unit was 100% commission. After that, they started squeesing the factory where our product was produced which resulted in over 40% of our customers quit us. After gutting the company for everything they could take (did I mention prior to their takeover, we had the highest profit margin of any similar company in thr United States?), the company was aquired by another investment firm and ithin a year it folded.

I have a special place in my heart, after watching people in their fifties and sixties who had worked over thirty years at the company be tossed into the streets, for people like Romney.

You're confusing corporate raiders with private equity firms such as Bain.

Raids are hostile actions by outsiders to acquire a company that has no interest in being acquired, which is why they're called takeovers. Generally their aim after acquiring ownership is to sell off the parts for more than they paid for the whole, leaving them a nice profit.

I worked for a company, an operating division of our parent company, that was wildly profitable as were most of the the other 20 or so companies our parent owned. A couple of guys, the Rales brothers out of Washington D.C., thought our parent a potential juicy target. So they announced their intentions and eventually offered $70 a share for the parent's stock, which had been trading in the mid to high $40 range at the time. That's a tidy profit to shareholders so enough of them tendered their shares and the Rales boys were the new owners. And the rest is history.

Corporate raiders can only do that with companies that are publicly traded...and has nothing to do with what Bain did.

Lol, Great cartoon, Mudwhistle.

You wrote:

I'm trying to figure out the reasoning here.

"Obama claims he's the guy to fix the economy and he uses division and class-warfare to do it......yet a venture capitalist who specialized in fixing companies and making them stronger, and even fixed the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, is the wrong man for the job????

What kind of twisted logic is that?????"

I like and agree with the logic and statements by David Boaz:

Other "Republicans should stop attacking Romney"

Cato Institute Vice-President David Boaz from the Daily Caller "What happened to the GOP’s free-market principles?":

The fact that sometimes he closed companies and laid off workers is not a good reason to criticize him. We’d never get new companies like Staples, Domino’s, Bright Horizons, and Sports Authority — companies that Romney helped fund and nurture at Bain Capital — if investment capital was locked into existing companies.

And sometimes, as the movie “Other People’s Money” demonstrated, it takes a “predatory corporate raider” to go in and shake up a company, moving the land, labor, and capital to places where they can be more productive.

Republicans should stop attacking Romney for his role in the dynamic market process and spend more time explaining how they would limit government and improve the environment for business and economic growth.

Libertarian Republican: Boaz on Romney's ties to Bain

What is really sad is that we have a candidate who was heralded by the business community as a man that knew how to see why a business was failing and how to fix it...and as a result many companies turned to him for his expertise..

And instead of that being a seriouys consideration for the voters...his GOP opponents and his Democreatic opponwents prefer the publiuc NOT see that good in him and instead are doing their best to paint it as a bad thing.

Exactly how that is good for our country that is having trouble identifying why we are spending more than we take in and why we are losing jobs is beyond me.

Our current politicians are all about "winning" for themselves and not about the country and its needs.

Bain and Romney are perfect central casting Hollywood for the "bad guy". They took companies with good paying jobs and closed them down, "restructured" them with fewer benefits, offshored them to other countries and laid off thousands of workers. Because of that, cardboard cutout Romney isn't going to get much traction in places where the only jobs to be had are McJobs like Bain now produces. It isn't going to give people out of work or afraid to be out of work much comfort when Romney touts his "job creation" success at low wage, no benefits jobs like Staples.

Companies like Bain are exactly why there is so much populist anger out there and that is going to be put in stark display in the next year.

Seriously. Speilberg couldn't have cast a better villian for this play.

ZThat's certainly the caricature the Obama campaign will let out. You of course, totally devoid of any ability to think independently, will parrot those lines like a good soldier.
The truth is those companies were likely doomed from the get go. Had they been healthy companies Bain never would have touched them. The alternative to restructuring was not continuing on but bankruptcy and dissolution. Would you rather have some employees continuing to receive a paycheck and benefits or no employee? Those are the only choices.
And that doesn't mention the companies Bain invested in that grew to become very large employers.

Gee, no matter how dire things got at those companies, the Bain Partners still managed to pay themselves 7 and 8 figure salaries for their "leadership"...

So a good union wage will bankrupt a company but an 8 figure wage for a CEO won't.

Hmmmmmm....

I'm sorry that the company you worked for folded. But, the simple fact is that for every man like you who worked for a company that folded, there is someone else who - because of Venture Capital and Private Equity companies - has a job, in a company that is more secure than it was previously.

VC and PE companies take risks when they invest in a struggling firm. There are usually very hard business decisions to make - often they have to let some people go in order to secure the future of those who remain. But it is better to lose some jobs, and fix the company than it is to close the company and get rid of everyone.

Don't be afraid, it's only business.
the Alien Prophet sighed
the vulture and the magpie took the cashbox from its hook
the monkey in the corner, wrote the figures in his book.
Crazed the checkout lady's fingers Flash across the till
The captain postsThe menu for the day
And in banks
across the world Christians Moslems Hindus Jews
And people of every Race creed colour tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog
Neatly make up bags of change
But the monkey in the cornerWell he's slowly drifting out of range

Roger Waters "What God Wants, Part 3"

Companies are people.

Bet you haven't a clue what he meant.

[

Obama claims he's the guy to fix the economy and he uses division and class-warfare to do it......yet a venture capitalist who specialized in fixing companies and making them stronger, and even fixed the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, is the wrong man for the job????

What kind of twisted logic is that?????

The only reason why the 2002 SLC Olympics needed fixing was that his fellow Mormon cultists bribed IOC officials into granting them the Olympics to them when they really didn't deserve them. The scandal was so bad that the IOC had to do serious reforms.

I wonder, if there weren't rich Mormons involved, if Romney would have bothered.

Being neither Mormon nor rich, I'd like a president who works for the rest of us.

Now, for Obama being a "trouble-maker", pointing out what the problem is is the first step in solving it.

The problem in our economy is clear enough. In the quest for profits, the middle class is being slowly destroyed. It's actually a self-destructive cycle, because it isn't the wealthy that create jobs, it's consumer demand, and when people have less to spend, there is less commerce.

I think Obama has been a poor leader. America would have been better served with Hillary as President. Or McCain.

But Romney is just a terrible human being. Someone who says stuff like "Corporations are people" and "I like to be able to fire people" just isn't operating in the same moral universe the rest of us are.

Both comments taken totally out of context.

ZThat's certainly the caricature the Obama campaign will let out. You of course, totally devoid of any ability to think independently, will parrot those lines like a good soldier.
The truth is those companies were likely doomed from the get go. Had they been healthy companies Bain never would have touched them. The alternative to restructuring was not continuing on but bankruptcy and dissolution. Would you rather have some employees continuing to receive a paycheck and benefits or no employee? Those are the only choices.
And that doesn't mention the companies Bain invested in that grew to become very large employers.

Gee, no matter how dire things got at those companies, the Bain Partners still managed to pay themselves 7 and 8 figure salaries for their "leadership"...

So a good union wage will bankrupt a company but an 8 figure wage for a CEO won't.

Hmmmmmm....

Is this a great country or what?

If Romney was such a good businessman, how come Massachusetts was almost dead last in job creation during his tenure as governor?

money wasted on romneycare

You're an idiot.

Why does Massachusetts have a relatively low unemployment rate NOW?

Because people are running out of unemployment benefits.

They've been losing 4000 jobs a month, with seasonal increase of 5000 in December. If Obama were to extend unemployment again the rate would shoot up. Right now their unemployment rate is 7%, which isn't good. 7.9% was the worste rate during the Carter years.

I'm still trying to figure out how class-warfare works in a state that relies on a white-collar, upper pay-scale workforce.

You're an idiot.

They've been losing 4000 jobs a month, with seasonal increase of 5000 in December. If Obama were to extend unemployment again the rate would shoot up. Right now their unemployment rate is 7%, which isn't good. 7.9% was the worste rate during the Carter years.

I'm still trying to figure out how class-warfare works in a state that relies on a white-collar, upper pay-scale workforce.
Must have to do with the mystique. :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Hmmmmmm....

The Bain Partners were not the CEOs. They were the owners. And they didnt necessarily get paid if the company went down the tubes. But the workers got their wages anyway.
So other than having your head up your ass and being completely wrong you made a good point.

Dimwitted OWS Entitlement hound mentality. A guy runs a business therefore he is 'Evil.' That's the warped mentality we're dealing with. Obama/Democrat supporters really are very dumb for the most part. Personally,i'll have to go with Romney when it comes to economic issues. The man has real-life experience running businesses.

300635_10150364312301069_750786068_8232422_1403916579_n1.jpg

Obama claims he's the guy to fix the economy and he uses division and class-warfare to do it......yet a venture capitalist who specialized in fixing companies and making them stronger, and even fixed the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, is the wrong man for the job????

What kind of twisted logic is that?????

Compromise%20With%20Me.jpg

Jesus and Obama were "troublemakers". Pilate and Romney were governors.

You're an idiot.

You just made that up didn't you?

Massachusett's payrolls increased by 50,000 in 2010.

Forum List

Back