So....44 states allow concealed carry in their airports...shooter picked one that was gun free....

Hmmmm....this is an interesting fact that the anti gunners won't believe....because they are incapbable of processing Truth, Facts and Reality...

UPDATED: Shooting at Fort Lauderdale airport in yet another gun-free zone, 44 states allow concealed carry at airports - Crime Prevention Research Center

How did the guy get the gun in the airport?

Lack of crossfire in public spaces, this is 2awoulbeguy's solution to everything.

And you are a moron......locking up actual gun criminals is my solution...and it works...New York cut their gun murder rate in half by arresting gang members....you know...the people using guns to shoot people.......as opposed to asswipes like you who want to pass more laws on law abiding people...you know, the ones who don't shoot other people....

He brought the gun with him from Alaska .....

U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people

In the midnight hour he cried more more more ...

In 1990s there were 200 million guns...and in 1997 there were 4.7 million people with concealed carry permits...in 2016...357-400 million guns and over 15 million concealed carry permits....and our gun murder rate went down 47%.....and our violent crime rate went down 77%.....

Your point?

It is 100% legal to fly with a gun, it just has to be checked in your luggage.

Related: My father just went on a hunting trip in December Las Vegas, NV to Fargo, ND; the airline totally fucked up his gun, case and all, on the return flight and now they're paying to replace it. A Pelican case at that o_O How the /hell/ do you trash a Pelican on a short domestic flight?!? Those things are near indestructible... or maybe they were...

In 1990s there were 200 million guns...and in 1997 there were 4.7 million people with concealed carry permits...in 2016...357-400 million guns and over 15 million concealed carry permits....and our gun murder rate went down 47%.....and our violent crime rate went down 77%.....

Your point?

You are wasting your time .... the left is blind to logic and proof.

They know what they know, whether they know it or not.

Yep and Alaskan's flying with guns absolutely won't be stopping anytime soon.

Alaska: 60% carry inside, 90% carry outside Anchorage.

Our crime is unfortunately rather high this year or I'd tout our safety; 34 homicides, it's outrageous. The APD caught all but four of them. It was a gang that was attempting to move into the state. Right now, a crap ton of folks across town are answering their doors with a gun (stems from a car robbery of an 80 year old woman's car. These gang starter folks had started a fairly large car theft ring. Anyway, she'd started her car to let it warm up, very common up here, and the gangy folks threatened her with a gun when she came out. She was on her way to church. Anchorage went completely ballistic over it, like we put out 124 more officers despite having a bit of an economic crisis due to low oil prices. The police suspect the 4 murderers they didn't catch fled the state. Either way, I suggest knocking loud and bearing gifts when visiting up here right now. Even the kids up here will shoot you in the face for trying to break in heh

Anyway, guns are a huge deterrent, and either way, as the APD says, most of the folks dying are involved in shit they shouldn't be - Alaskan's as a whole reply "serves em right then."

Related History: Alaska's love affair with guns actually started back in the gold rush days. Homesteaders were so notoriously over-protective over their "secret mine sites" that they would shoot people without question or ID. It got to the point that the traveling doctors and dentists (another odd quirk perhaps, we had whole packs of medical type folks who went out to the homesteads and Native villages rather than waiting for any customers to come to them) but they'd carry tall sticks with a white flag on them in the hopes that the miners and gold panners would hear out their sales pitch's. It didn't help in the slightest; the gold diggers were so protective they'd kill a man just for /knowing/ where their sites were. And you thought the wild west was violent.

As a result of this "secretive" history, Alaskan's by and large consider a gun to be not just a right, but a /necessity/ to protect their property. In the lower 48 a lot of folks often talk about personal safety or constitutional rights when discussing guns, up here it's almost always property protection with hunting being the second argument you'll likely hear. A local custom that our laws too reflect; in addition to the standard laws about self defense/castle doctrine kind of thing, in Alaska if you think someone might be coming onto your property to rob you, you can shoot them pretty much no questions asked. You can also shoot someone if they touch your car door handle, or stick anything in your car window (aka car jacking.) It is not only legal, but fairly /common/ to see folks walking around with a rifle hooked over their shoulder in 90% of businesses up here (less so in the big city of Anchorage obviously) - the notable exceptions being bars (where they ask you to check your gun,) and now, ironically, our military bases thanks to silly lower 48 regulations lol

Your point?

Always enjoy your sermons, thanks.
You call them sermons but I call them fantasies from easily played extremely gullible gun pussies who are afraid to leave their homes/trailers without a gun hidden in their bra.

Upon re-reading my post above I should clarify, I don't think all those murders were with guns, I'm pretty sure at least two of them were stabbings...

Related to stabbings: We had a moose killed in the park by two men with a "machete" - three liberals were forced to pull over and piss themselves whilst calling 911 to report the terrible murder in the center of town. The APD rushed to the scene only to find the homeless native's were merely hungry. The Fed's immediately swooped in to steal their dinner. A rather sad result for the poor natives, who took down a fucking moose with a butcher knife!!!, only to have it taken away by sniveling wusses who can't handle reality... On the plus side, the more logical majority of the city bought the natives frozen moose meat to replace their stolen store :)

Your point?

Always enjoy your sermons, thanks.
You call them sermons but I call them fantasies from easily played extremely gullible gun pussies who are afraid to leave their homes/trailers without a gun hidden in their bra.
I don't wear a bra, but I do carry a gun. While carrying a gun is no absolute guarantee that you can best a violent criminal, it is far better than having to grovel like most dims would, and the possible consequences of that.

I /do/ wear a bra and my husband wants me to do this:

I don't think his wish has anything to do with self protection though ;)

^ yeah, but ya gots to have really big hooters.....;)

Well crap... I'm one of those skinny less endowed German/Norwegian descendants :/

Although that hasn't seemed to bother my husband too much heh

Every day we're told about the severity of violent crime in the US, this being the case, why is it unreasonable to carry a gun for self-defense?

Yep and Alaskan's flying with guns absolutely won't be stopping anytime soon.

Alaska: 60% carry inside, 90% carry outside Anchorage.

Our crime is unfortunately rather high this year or I'd tout our safety; 34 homicides, it's outrageous. The APD caught all but four of them. It was a gang that was attempting to move into the state. Right now, a crap ton of folks across town are answering their doors with a gun (stems from a car robbery of an 80 year old woman's car. These gang starter folks had started a fairly large car theft ring. Anyway, she'd started her car to let it warm up, very common up here, and the gangy folks threatened her with a gun when she came out. She was on her way to church. Anchorage went completely ballistic over it, like we put out 124 more officers despite having a bit of an economic crisis due to low oil prices. The police suspect the 4 murderers they didn't catch fled the state. Either way, I suggest knocking loud and bearing gifts when visiting up here right now. Even the kids up here will shoot you in the face for trying to break in heh

Anyway, guns are a huge deterrent, and either way, as the APD says, most of the folks dying are involved in shit they shouldn't be - Alaskan's as a whole reply "serves em right then."

Related History: Alaska's love affair with guns actually started back in the gold rush days. Homesteaders were so notoriously over-protective over their "secret mine sites" that they would shoot people without question or ID. It got to the point that the traveling doctors and dentists (another odd quirk perhaps, we had whole packs of medical type folks who went out to the homesteads and Native villages rather than waiting for any customers to come to them) but they'd carry tall sticks with a white flag on them in the hopes that the miners and gold panners would hear out their sales pitch's. It didn't help in the slightest; the gold diggers were so protective they'd kill a man just for /knowing/ where their sites were. And you thought the wild west was violent.

As a result of this "secretive" history, Alaskan's by and large consider a gun to be not just a right, but a /necessity/ to protect their property. In the lower 48 a lot of folks often talk about personal safety or constitutional rights when discussing guns, up here it's almost always property protection with hunting being the second argument you'll likely hear. A local custom that our laws too reflect; in addition to the standard laws about self defense/castle doctrine kind of thing, in Alaska if you think someone might be coming onto your property to rob you, you can shoot them pretty much no questions asked. You can also shoot someone if they touch your car door handle, or stick anything in your car window (aka car jacking.) It is not only legal, but fairly /common/ to see folks walking around with a rifle hooked over their shoulder in 90% of businesses up here (less so in the big city of Anchorage obviously) - the notable exceptions being bars (where they ask you to check your gun,) and now, ironically, our military bases thanks to silly lower 48 regulations lol

It isn't just thugs trying to invade Alaska who are involved in things they shouldn't be and then get shot...that is essentially the nature of violent gun deaths in the United States as a whole.....and so when anti gun morons focus on normal, law abiding people instead of the actual criminals, they achieve none of the goals they say they want....

Forum List

Back