Snapchat Lawsuit:

Yeah it's crazy that software companies sell such products, but then why are the automakers allowed to sell cars capable of 100 mph +???

Snapchat speed filter blamed for 107-MPH highway accident

april 26 2016 Snapchat has a filter that lets people share how fast they're traveling while they take selfies.
A car accident victim is blaming Snapchat's speed filter for a crash that left him with traumatic brain injuries, according to a new lawsuit.

The plaintiff, Wentworth Maynard, was merging onto a four lane highway outside of Atlanta, Georgia when his car was struck "so violently it shot across the left lane into the left embankment," his lawyers contend.
Christal McGee was allegedly driving the car that struck him. The lawsuit says that she was on her phone trying to use the Snapchat speed filter at the time of the accident.

"McGee wanted to post an image of herself going fast. She argued that she was, 'Just trying to get the car to 100 miles per hour to post it on Snapchat.'" the victim's lawyers say.

A passenger in McGee's car said she had hit 113 mph on the Snapchat filter, they added. When the cars hit, the speed was 107 mph, according to the complaint. The speed limit was 55.
"While [she] was distracted and on her phone, McGee did not notice that a gray Mitsubishi, driven by Maynard Wentworth, had pulled out onto the road," the complaint says.

• Banned
Yeah it's crazy that software companies sell such products, but then why are the automakers allowed to sell cars capable of 100 mph +???

Snapchat speed filter blamed for 107-MPH highway accident

april 26 2016 Snapchat has a filter that lets people share how fast they're traveling while they take selfies.
A car accident victim is blaming Snapchat's speed filter for a crash that left him with traumatic brain injuries, according to a new lawsuit.

The plaintiff, Wentworth Maynard, was merging onto a four lane highway outside of Atlanta, Georgia when his car was struck "so violently it shot across the left lane into the left embankment," his lawyers contend.
Christal McGee was allegedly driving the car that struck him. The lawsuit says that she was on her phone trying to use the Snapchat speed filter at the time of the accident.

"McGee wanted to post an image of herself going fast. She argued that she was, 'Just trying to get the car to 100 miles per hour to post it on Snapchat.'" the victim's lawyers say.

A passenger in McGee's car said she had hit 113 mph on the Snapchat filter, they added. When the cars hit, the speed was 107 mph, according to the complaint. The speed limit was 55.
"While [she] was distracted and on her phone, McGee did not notice that a gray Mitsubishi, driven by Maynard Wentworth, had pulled out onto the road," the complaint says.

Better question is when will Humans learn not to do stupid things that could get someone killed?

The girl is the own at fault for the accident and everyone knows texting, snapping, or whatever they do with their cell while driving is most likely illegal and the person that was using the device at the time of the accident is at fault here!

Better question is when will Humans learn not to do stupid things that could get someone killed?

The girl is the own at fault for the accident and everyone knows texting, snapping, or whatever they do with their cell while driving is most likely illegal and the person that was using the device at the time of the accident is at fault here!

Yes. I hope this girl is locked up for years but i doubt if anything is done to her beyond a small fine. The auto industry will pay the judge and prosecutor to make sure of that. The industry loves car crashes and wants more text-drivers out there. Car crashes mean car sales.

Snap chat is deep pockets... It's like the "Progressives" that think you should be able to sue the manufacturer of a firearm for the actions of the person using it
Snapchat provided a product. I won't debate the wisdom in providing entitled young heads full of mush with a product that temps them to impress their friends, but the fact remains, Snapchat was not driving the car. It simply provided a product that functioned as designed.

• Banned
If they can sue a gun manufacturer why not?

You do realize I do not believe the Gun Manufacture is at fault for what someone does with their weapon, don't you?

I simply made a statement, it wasn't directed at your beliefs

I was just asking.

So what is your opinion of the lawsuit and do you believe the guy will win or will it be like Paul Walker daughter lawsuit against Porsche and it will be tossed?

If they can sue a gun manufacturer why not?

You do realize I do not believe the Gun Manufacture is at fault for what someone does with their weapon, don't you?

I simply made a statement, it wasn't directed at your beliefs

I was just asking.

So what is your opinion of the lawsuit and do you believe the guy will win or will it be like Paul Walker daughter lawsuit against Porsche and it will be tossed?

It sounds frivolous to me but given today's legal world who knows?

Forum List

Back