snakes

nesta

Nov 30, 2012
you get snakes in america, I have a total phobia of them but a weird fascination too, wouldnt want to actually see one in real life but tell me about your experiences with snakes Im very interested do you see one often ?

I once stepped on a rock a Copperhead was lounging under near a stream... I never want to get that close to a Copperhead again.

just googled them they are, ambush predators too it could have ambushed you lol. that freaks me out though we dont get any snakes here at all well apparently grass snakes and adders but Ive never seen one, I dont know how people can live places where theres things like that going about.

Yeah Copperheads are pretty mean... I was in Virginia at the time in the Blue Ridge Mountains. A friend of mine experienced a Rattlesnake in an outhouse in Utah once... He said he was kind of surprised to see he wasn't alone while he was doing his business. He made it out without getting bit. Funny story, but it might not have been if things went differently. :lol:

:lol: that could have been really painful, theyre even worse too rattlesnakes arent they my god I would run a mile and call in the airforce to level the whole area if that happened to me

you get snakes in america, I have a total phobia of them but a weird fascination too, wouldnt want to actually see one in real life but tell me about your experiences with snakes Im very interested do you see one often ?

i used to have a pet coa constrictor

here's a rattler that was under an old deck i was replacing

3-210812125622.jpeg

3-210812125554.jpeg

When I was 15, my best friend's dad use to capture snakes and sell them to Gatorland. Eventually he and I went with his dad and we were catching rattlesnakes, water moccasins, and a number of non-poisonous snakes as well.

I had a Ball Python or 15 years at home. I fed it live rats.

Someday I want to pick up a poisonous snake by the tail like the Crocodile Hunter used to do. As long as it isn't any type of tree snake, it can't double up on itself while being held off the ground by the tail.

That would be awesome.

here's a rattler that was under an old deck i was replacing

3-210812125622.jpeg

3-210812125554.jpeg

omg I can barely even look at that how can you live with those things every time you go to sleep there could be one 10 feet away Ive got goosebumps just looking at that

When I was 15, my best friend's dad use to capture snakes and sell them to Gatorland. Eventually he and I went with his dad and we were catching rattlesnakes, water moccasins, and a number of non-poisonous snakes as well.

thats crazy how do you catch a poisonous snake ?

so how did you deal with that rattlesnake what do you do with that ? I wouldnt even have gone that close to take the picture it could have bit your leg from there

To get rid of all the BS!

Copperheads are one of many different types of poisonous snakes here in the USA.

They are called rattlesnakes because of the tails they shake to warn away intruders in their area! They DO NOT ambush and attack humans - because humans are not their prey! We are too big for them to eat.

All snakes have a very important place in nature. They prey upon rodents that otherwise eat the crops we grow.

I lived on a ranch where we raised alfalfa and stored the dried material in our barn to feed livestock. Rodents would bury into the hay to create nests in which to raise their young, thus increasing pests to eat our hay and grains. We have a Diamondback living in the barn and he/she did a great job of keeping the rodent population under control. S/he spent most of the time backing, especially enjoying spots of sunshine. Whenever we entered the barn, s/he would warn us and we would stop until s/he could hide in the hay. S/he NEVER ONCE threatened our bit any of us!!!!

At the same time, we had a King Snake that lived in the roots of a big willow treat just outside the back porch of the house. It is the only snake that eats rattlers so we never had to worry about one of them coming near the house.

I just hope you would take the time to do a bit of research before going off like this.\

:eusa_angel:

A loop of stiff wire attached to the end of a long stick, in our case a broom handle. A string attaced to the far end of the wire making a type of lassoo. Slip the loop over the snake's head, from a distance, and then pull the string so it tightens around the snake's neck and then put him in a burlap sack. Release the string, pull the stick out and close the sack.

A loop of stiff wire attached to the end of a long stick, in our case a broom handle. A string attaced to the far end of the wire making a type of lassoo. Slip the loop over the snake's head, from a distance, and then pull the string so it tightens around the snake's neck and then put him in a burlap sack. Release the string, pull the stick out and close the sack.

youve got bigger balls than me to be doing that

Copperheads are one of many different types of poisonous snakes here in the USA.

They are called rattlesnakes because of the tails they shake to warn away intruders in their area! They DO NOT ambush and attack humans - because humans are not their prey! We are too big for them to eat.

All snakes have a very important place in nature. They prey upon rodents that otherwise eat the crops we grow.

I lived on a ranch where we raised alfalfa and stored the dried material in our barn to feed livestock. Rodents would bury into the hay to create nests in which to raise their young, thus increasing pests to eat our hay and grains. We have a Diamondback living in the barn and he/she did a great job of keeping the rodent population under control. S/he spent most of the time backing, especially enjoying spots of sunshine. Whenever we entered the barn, s/he would warn us and we would stop until s/he could hide in the hay. S/he NEVER ONCE threatened our bit any of us!!!!

At the same time, we had a King Snake that lived in the roots of a big willow treat just outside the back porch of the house. It is the only snake that eats rattlers so we never had to worry about one of them coming near the house.

I just hope you would take the time to do a bit of research before going off like this.\

fuck research and get a big cat for the rodents, I would have taken a flamethrower to the whole barn and the tree and probably a half mile radius of the house too

True story. We had a big king snake that lived in our yard and used to lounge on our deck in the afternoons. i was a big fan of his because king snakes eat other snakes, including poisonous ones, and in this part of the south we have quite a few types of poisonous snakes (eastern diamondback rattlesnakes, pygmy rattlesnakes, water moccasins, and coral snakes).

Our neighbor killed him because he thought all snakes were bad. Stupid fucker.

I grew up on a farm, and we don't kill snakes at my house...they serve a purpose in nature and keep things in balance. I've seen quite a few working in my yard, and the majority were harmless, although they sometimes are a little startling.

All snakes are harmless, though, if you leave them the hell alone and let them go about their business.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back