Smoking Gun on Manipulation of Iraq Intelligence?

Max Power said:
You're talking about where al-Zarqawi was? I believe that was not under Saddam's control.

Well, the issue is whether or not Bush, Cheney, Powell, et al, were honest with us in 2002 - 2003.
It's clear they weren't.

It may be clear to you and your crowd, but I don't see it from my porch. What IS clear is that even though they had a billion-dollar investigation that was closed, and the fact that Bush acted on erroneous information made common knowledge, that y'all lefties aren't done beating the dead horse.

Just add this one to the list .... Abu Ghraib, Bush's Nat'l Guard service, Valerie Plame, and any other of the Lefty Top 5 that y'all revisit every six months to see if there's some new and innovative means of twisting the truth.

Max Power said:
Still trying to sidestep the issue.

Not to mention, "Boylan said the suspected lab was new, dating from some time after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003. "... not exactly a justification for war if it wasn't built until after the war.

Interesting, you 'not to mention' the very point I'd already made.

What part of 'all the intelligence agencies' were reporting the same, do you have a problem with? In any case, it's done.

Are you now advocating an 'immediate pullout' because you don't like the original justification?

GunnyL said:
It may be clear to you and your crowd, but I don't see it from my porch. What IS clear is that even though they had a billion-dollar investigation that was closed, and the fact that Bush acted on erroneous information made common knowledge, that y'all lefties aren't done beating the dead horse.

Just add this one to the list .... Abu Ghraib, Bush's Nat'l Guard service, Valerie Plame, and any other of the Lefty Top 5 that y'all revisit every six months to see if there's some new and innovative means of twisting the truth.

I don't care about the nat'l guard, but the other 2 are legit issues.

Was Bush acting on erroneous information when he said, "we've learned that Iraq has trained Al Qaeda members in bomb making and poisons and gases?"

No, Bush was erroneously acting on information, by repeating a probable lie as the truth. You can chalk it up to his staff, his speech writers, to Cheney, it doesn't matter, it's someone in the White House.

Kathianne said:
Interesting, you 'not to mention' the very point I'd already made.

What part of 'all the intelligence agencies' were reporting the same, do you have a problem with? In any case, it's done.

Are you now advocating an 'immediate pullout' because you don't like the original justification?

I don't think that truth should be suppressed simply because "it's done."

What I advocate in Iraq has nothing to do with the original justification.

Max Power said:
I don't think that truth should be suppressed simply because "it's done."

What I advocate in Iraq has nothing to do with the original justification.

Be that as it may, it IS done and you keep complaining. Seems that you should clarify if the complaints are to solely castigate the administration or whether you think that in this case, the 'wrong' should be 'righted' by undoing what was done.

Max Power said:
I don't care about the nat'l guard, but the other 2 are legit issues.

Was Bush acting on erroneous information when he said, "we've learned that Iraq has trained Al Qaeda members in bomb making and poisons and gases?"

No, Bush was erroneously acting on information, by repeating a probable lie as the truth. You can chalk it up to his staff, his speech writers, to Cheney, it doesn't matter, it's someone in the White House.

Of course it is. :tinfoil:

No way could it just be erroneous information. Well, that is unless he was Dem. Then it's okay to make a mockery of and disgrace the most powerful office on Earth.

Max Power said:
Still trying to sidestep the issue.

Not to mention, "Boylan said the suspected lab was new, dating from some time after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003. "... not exactly a justification for war if it wasn't built until after the war.

No... no one's side stepping anything here 'needs-power' except YOU.

People here are being kind enough to debate you without calling you every name in the book, like conservatives are known for... being too nice.

Me... I cut through the liberal bull shit to the heart of the matter. I can't stand liberal spin.

The "TRUE" fact of the matter here is, EVERYONE spoke, approved, and acted upon the SAME FUCKING INTELLIGENCE, Republican and DEMOCRAP ALIKE! But the ONLY people you're liberal ass, and all the rest of your lock step brothers and sisters, is pointing your crocked little finger at and screaming blame, is the President and Republicans!

Where the fuck is your crying and whinning about all the DEMOCRATS that believed EVERY WORD of what intelligence we had, and preached that Saddam HAD TO BE TAKEN OUT? HUH???!!!

Your God damned hypocritical double standard is reaching up and slapping you in the face right now. So stop with the "smoking gun" bull shit that NOBODY here is buying, and tell us why you REALLY hate Republicans.

Kathianne said:
I did read the Duelfer Report, did you? Sounds more like you read only the headlines of the MSM...

Why Iraq Had Been and Threatened Again To Be A Threat - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

LA Times and That Dead Italian Reporter... - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

There are more, just search for 'Duelfer Report'...

Trying to change the topic, are we?

Well, IIRC, the Duelfer report concluded that there were no WMD's, but that Saddam had plans to resume his WMD programs if sanctions were lifted and conditions were "favorable."
In other words, the sanctions were working.
But, I'm sure that you'll construe that to mean "Saddam had plans on resuming WMD programs, therefore war was justified," despite the fact that there was a peaceful solution already in place.

And regarding Syria, didn't he conclude that he couldn't rule out the possibility, but there was no evidence that to support that the weapons were moved to Syria.
OMG COULDN'T RULE IT OUT! THAT'S A SMOKING GUN RIGHT THERE!

"Although we’re barely out of the last Cheney war, Liz and Hannity saw yesterday’s revelation that Syria has acknowledged having chemical or biological weapons and started lusting for the next one."

eusa_doh.gif

Forum List

Back