Smokin' supper...mmm....

Soaked up some of the rendered fat and ate 'em.
smiley_bbq_zpsa404193d.gif
Damn, that's hard-core. :thup: :beer:

Apparently not hard-core enough. The BBQ Pit Boys ate their pork belly fat & all...I had to strip the fat out of mine...but hot-dam if it wasn't fantastic...

This recipe is a keeper.

IMAG0928_zps43muhmkn.jpg

IMAG0930_zpsf9qih63n.jpg

I smoked 350 chickens for a girl's softball team fundraiser today.
Had to clean them out and season them yesterday ... Glad all that is over.

Brought home four smoked chicken halves ... And going to make chicken salad with them tomorrow.
Chicken salad is so much better when you use smoked chickens.

I smoked 350 chickens for a girl's softball team fundraiser today.
Had to clean them out and season them yesterday ... Glad all that is over.

Brought home four smoked chicken halves ... And going to make chicken salad with them tomorrow.
Chicken salad is so much better when you use smoked chickens.

That's a mess of yard bird. :thup:

You're makin' me hungry for chicken.
smiley_bbq_zpsa404193d.gif

Sliced up that pork belly today and fried it up...Zomg!

If you make this, don't try to slice it too thin, about an eighth of an inch is perfect.

ceecc008-19b7-4686-8605-fe66866b3544_zps74lkc2xv.jpg

Today I had my first burnt ends sandwich.

AND I LIKED IT!

Mmm, where'd you go and what kinda sauce did they (or you) put on it.

Do you live in Southern IL? There's a BBQ place across from the Loves @ exit 83 on 57 south of Mt Vernon that has some of the best private label BBQ sauce...yummy.

AND I LIKED IT!

Do you live in Southern IL? There's a BBQ place across from the Loves @ exit 83 on 57 south of Mt Vernon that has some of the best private label BBQ sauce...yummy.
Would that be 17th street BBQ? Yeah that's good shit. :thup:
They actually smoke their corned beef for the Reuben sammich. Freakin' great but not perfect. They use marbled rye instead of the Jewish seeded rye which to me is the standard.

I had lunch at a local joint that I've been to before, but never until now had the burnt ends.
They've got about six different sauces. My favorite is Memphis Sweet, followed by Lil' Heat, which is a tad vinegar-ish. They've also got Chipotle Mango and others.

AND I LIKED IT!

Would that be 17th street BBQ? Yeah that's good shit. :thup:
They actually smoke their corned beef for the Reuben sammich. Freakin' great but not perfect. They use marbled rye instead of the Jewish seeded rye which to me is the standard.

I had lunch at a local joint that I've been to before, but never until now had the burnt ends.
They've got about six different sauces. My favorite is Memphis Sweet, followed by Lil' Heat, which is a tad vinegar-ish. They've also got Chipotle Mango and others.

I'm going to have to try that place, I get down to Marion from time to time. Smoked corned beef sounds delicious.

This place is farther north in Ina...Uncle Joes. Their BBQ was nothing to write home about, but the sauce is awesome.

Uncle Joe s Sauce s - Ina - Local Business Facebook

I miss the Marion Truck Stop...they had a fantastic home style buffet. Now it's a Pilot...:cheeky-smiley-018:...so a good BBQ place will make it worth stopping for. :thup:

Sounds like you found a another great BBQ place...I'm a big fan of vinegar based sauces.

Now I wish I had a burnt end sandwich, a smoked reuben and some BBQ'd chicken. :(

Hey Missourian

We're doing a mess of ribs in the smoker this weekend. Do you have a boe-dacious dry rub recipe to recommend?

I'm going to have to get a smoker one of these days. I've never had one but I would love to try this with brisket at home.

Smoked brisket takes a really long time! Babyback ribs take a few hours - and are delicious!

Hey Missourian

We're doing a mess of ribs in the smoker this weekend. Do you have a boe-dacious dry rub recipe to recommend?

This is my favorite rib rub recipe...let me know if you like it as much as I do.

this make 3/4 of a cup...

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon sweet paprika

1 tablespoon smoked paprika

1 tablespoon ground black pepper

1 tablespoon ground white pepper

1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt

2 teaspoons garlic powder

2 teaspoons onion powder

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Hey Missourian

This is my favorite rib rub recipe...let me know if you like it as much as I do.

this make 3/4 of a cup...

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon sweet paprika

1 tablespoon smoked paprika

1 tablespoon ground black pepper

1 tablespoon ground white pepper

1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt

2 teaspoons garlic powder

2 teaspoons onion powder

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Thanks! That sounds great!

Doing a five pound brisket flat tomorrow, trying a new marinade...

12 oz can of cola, 1/8 cup Worcestershire, 1/8 cup olive oil, 1/2 TBSP salt, 3 cloves garlic (minced).

Five pounds means max 8 hours marinade....going to go for six hours, then wash, dry and dry rub some Grillmates Sweet and Smokey prepared rub.

We'll see how it turns out.

Forum List

Back