CDZ Smokers Need To Be Watched Carefully

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Not all smokers need to be watched carefully, but many do. This pertains to smokers in buildings where smoking inside the building is banned. The problem is that many smokers go outside the building to smoke. They prop open the door that they go in & out of, with a broomstick, or a door wedge, or a piece of cardboard. This alone, breaches the security of the lock on that door, as a criminal could scoot right in while the smoker is having his smoke.

If all this isn't bad enough, in many cases, the smoker(s), having no cognizance of security whatsoever, leave the door propped open, after they go back inside. Now the criminals can enter what is supposed to be a secured door, without even being seen.

I know this from years of experience as a uniformed security guard & security suprevisor, doing rounds around large buildings, and in some posts, it was multiple buildings. Doors are found open & propped all over the place, rountinely.

I have always said the # 1 enemy of security in workplaces, schools, et at buildings, are smokers.

Last edited:
Yes, let's blame the smoker who propped the door open...

and not the gun store that sold a mentally unstable kid two military grade weapons.
Really? So you want to charge the person who sold the guns to the shooter with 20 counts of murder.

Not all smokers need to be watched carefully, but many do. This pertains to smokers in buildings where smoking inside the building is banned. The problem is that many smokers go outside the building to smoke. They prop open the door that they go in & out of, with a broomstick, or a door wedge, or a piece of cardboard. This alone, breaches the security of the lock on that door, as a criminal could scoot right in while the smoker is having his smoke.

If all this isn't bad enough, in many cases, the smoker(s), having no cognizance of security whatsoever, leave the door propped open, after they go back inside. Now the criminals can enter what is supposed to be a secured door, without even being seen.

I know this from years of experience as a uniformed security guard & security suprevisor, doing rounds around large buildings, and in some posts, it was multiple buildings. Doors are found open & propped all over the place, rountinely.

I have always said the # 1 enemy of security in workplaces, schools, et at buildings, are smokers.

QuoteReply
ReportEdit
If a school employee propped the door open to smoke all they had to do was lock it upon coming back in. It seems they didn't do that. I have yet to hear who and why left that door popped open.

If a school employee propped the door open to smoke all they had to do was lock it upon coming back in. It seems they didn't do that. I have yet to hear who and why left that door popped open.

Was a teacher going to their car to get a cellphone and was on the way back when the gunfire started outside the building according to what I have read (but then again, the whole story keeps changing daily for some reason so who knows what it will be tonight or tomorrow).

These fools with their manifestos are domestic terrorists. No better than any jihadi radical that's been radicalized online.

Really? So you want to charge the person who sold the guns to the shooter with 20 counts of murder.

WOrks for me. Or we could just revoke the immunity that gun sellers and manufacturers have against civil lawsuits and watch how fast they establish their own system of background checks.

If that's what happened.

They might have also propped the door open because it's late May in Texas and the air in those school buildings get pretty stuffy.

But it seems to me that leaving a door open was relatively harmless, the problem was a gun store sold 2 semi-automatic, military grade rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition to a mentally unstable kid.

WOrks for me. Or we could just revoke the immunity that gun sellers and manufacturers have against civil lawsuits and watch how fast they establish their own system of background checks.

If that's what happened.

They might have also propped the door open because it's late May in Texas and the air in those school buildings get pretty stuffy.

But it seems to me that leaving a door open was relatively harmless, the problem was a gun store sold 2 semi-automatic, military grade rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition to a mentally unstable kid.

The problem is domestic terrorists and their manifestos.

Yes, let's blame the smoker who propped the door open...

and not the gun store that sold a mentally unstable kid two military grade weapons.
1. OF COURSE, you blame the smoker who propped the door open.

2. Did the gun store owner have any idea of the mental instability of the kid ? Did a background investigation show any troublesome information ?

If that's what happened.

The FBI cleared the purchase. The gun mfg didn't sell the gun to the perp, they sell to licensed dealers dumb ass.

Good question. I wonder if the reporters have asked it. They had plenty of opportunity to.

This could also be more than just the culpability of a smoker. Leaving doors open and thus, unsecured, is a SERIOUS matter, and people who do it (whether smokers or not) should be fired, and sued, for whatever damages they cause.

1. OF COURSE, you blame the smoker who propped the door open.

2. Did the gun store owner have any idea of the mental instability of the kid ? Did a background investigation show any troublesome information ?

Did they bother to find out? Nope. Just sell that merch!

The FBI cleared the purchase. The gun mfg didn't sell the gun to the perp, they sell to licensed dealers dumb ass.

And if they were found liable for selling to an irresponsible dealer, then they should be held liable.

Most gun sellers don't even have a storefront, and they are allowed to sell guns.

If that's what happened.

You couldn't be more wrong. Leaving doors opens GETS PEOPLE KILLED. You have no clue about industrial security, and it is exactly this mindless, flippant attitude about leaving doors open, that is one of society's biggest problems. Yet another failure of our inept, insufficient educational system.

Forum List

Back