Skittles faces backlash after it partners with GLAAD and puts 'Black Trans Lives Matter' on its packaging

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

74230479-12398583-Skittles_is_facing_backlash_after_altering_its_designs_for_a_GLA-a-13_1691789817014.jpg

74230495-12398583-image-a-36_1691789451123.jpg

Candy brand Skittles is facing backlash after partnering with GLAAD and altering some of its packaging to include 'Black Trans Lives Matter' messaging.

Images of the packet on social media prompted an outpouring of criticism on Twitter today, with many likening the 'woke' marketing to Dylan Mulvaney being used in Bud Light advertising.

It's the fourth year Skittles has teamed up with GLAAD (the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) to 'support the LGBTQ+ community by amplifying and celebrating their stories', according to Skittles' official website.

boycott.jpg

They know their demographic but it makes no sense....Black people are 12% (and falling) of the population.....Trans people are like 0.1 percent of the population.

They are marketing to an audience that could be put into a large high school football stadium....OK, whatever.

rainbow-puke.gif

Last edited:
Leftists are oblivious to the world around them, I guess. :dunno:

I had to double-check..that's today. This is August 11th.

PRIDE month is over and LMAO!

74230479-12398583-Skittles_is_facing_backlash_after_altering_its_designs_for_a_GLA-a-13_1691789817014.jpg

74230495-12398583-image-a-36_1691789451123.jpg

Candy brand Skittles is facing backlash after partnering with GLAAD and altering some of its packaging to include 'Black Trans Lives Matter' messaging.

Images of the packet on social media prompted an outpouring of criticism on Twitter today, with many likening the 'woke' marketing to Dylan Mulvaney being used in Bud Light advertising.

It's the fourth year Skittles has teamed up with GLAAD (the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) to 'support the LGBTQ+ community by amplifying and celebrating their stories', according to Skittles' official website.

View attachment 813870

They know their demographic but it makes no sense....Black people are 12% (and falling) of the population.....Trans people are like 0.1 percent of the population.

They are marketing to an audience that could be put into a large high school football stadium....OK, whatever.

rainbow-puke.gif
Black trans lives don't matter?

Skittles..taste the Rainbow~

Somehow...I doubt this is going to be a thing.
Being reminded of the candy catch phrase, it is rather surprising that they didn't make their latest move sooner.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I'll stick with M&M's. They have always been my favorite candy anyways.

Forum List

Back