'Skeeters

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
I think I'm getting used to mosquito bites. Either that or I'm just becoming numb to the relentless evening attacks. Many of them I see and many individual bugs are swatted or crushed in to a bloody mess during my evening chores. In spite of my efforts, an unfortunately low percentage of the Florida flock is being decimated.

Yeah, you heard me right. AVG-Liberal is advocating FOR the wiping of an entire species.

I suppose that wiping 'skeeters from the biosphere is not only impossible but a real ass-holier than thou attitude toward everything that depends on the little blood suckers for food...

I don't know if it's being closer to the beach or what but the bites don't chase me indoors as quickly as even last summer ago. I'm still getting bitten... I just don't really care any more. The welts don't last but a few moments, and are easily forgotten after a shower.

I still don't like getting bitten. Being food for bugs is disconcerting, to say the least.

I'm with you Joe. I believe in Ahimsa as far as possible but skeeters and flies are the only things I kill, and without hesitation. Far as I'm concerned they got no bidness being on this here planet.

Forum List

Back