Skanks Cashing In

confided? a priest should not reveal such.

period

So Father McSorley is lying? Not only that, he was lying when he wrote his diary in 1964 and then decided to make the lie public fifty years later?

"Do you think God would separate me from my husband if I tried to kill myself?," she asked Father McSorley, according to the entry for 28 April 1964. "I feel that I am going out of my mind at times. Wouldn't God understand that I just want to be with him?"

The diary suggests Mrs Kennedy was prone to wild mood swings during the months after JFK's death. On one occasion she assured him that she would never take her life. But a day earlier on 19 May 1964, according to Father McSorley, she said "she would be glad if her taking her life set off a wave of suicides because she was glad to see people get out of their misery. 'I was glad that Marilyn Monroe got out of her misery,' she said."

The crisis had clearly passed by the summer. In a letter dated 15 July 1964, Mrs Kennedy thanked the priest "for all you did for me this spring". Her religious convictions, she wrote, were now "to keep busy and keep healthy * so that you can do all that you should for your children. And go to bed very early at night so that you don't have time to think."

In one haunting moment, Mrs Kennedy told Father McSorley of her regret that she had not done more to make JFK happy before his death. "I was melancholy after the death of our baby," the diary quotes her as saying, a reference to their prematurely born son Patrick Bouvier Kennedy, who was two days old when he died on 9 August 1963.

"I stayed away ... longer than I needed to. I could have made his life so much happier especially for the last few weeks."

I feel sorry for her, she obviously was going through intense grief over the loss of her husband.

as far as her suitors...brando could have provided privacy...roth i am not sure about authors are always so sketchy...nichlos wouldnt have yet entered his earnings...remember he does not strike it till easy rider.

she did bring grace and charm to the white house..and showed a great deal of dignity in a situation where most would have simply given up...

Jackie Kennedy was in the vehicle when her husband was shot in the head. She witnessed the whole ordeal (which we all know is gory). She then put on a brave face and buried her husband in a state funeral and maintained her grace and poise through the whole thing.

She fulfilled her duty as first lady to a standard that most first ladies have never had to do (thankfuly). After that, she deserved to live the life she wanted in the manner she chose.

as far as her suitors...brando could have provided privacy...roth i am not sure about authors are always so sketchy...nichlos wouldnt have yet entered his earnings...remember he does not strike it till easy rider.

she did bring grace and charm to the white house..and showed a great deal of dignity in a situation where most would have simply given up...

Maybe you are assuming she wanted romance.

Jackie Kennedy was in the vehicle when her husband was shot in the head. She witnessed the whole ordeal (which we all know is gory). She then put on a brave face and buried her husband in a state funeral and maintained her grace and poise through the whole thing.

She fulfilled her duty as first lady to a standard that most first ladies have never had to do (thankfuly). After that, she deserved to live the life she wanted in the manner she chose.

Free from anyone having an opinion about her ? I think not. No one gets that.

Free from anyone having an opinion about her ? I think not. No one gets that.

Wow. That's not even close to what I said. You know it too, and if you missed it the you probably missed the part where I said your opinion of Jackie Kennedy is your prerogative.

Lame.

Ok Jackie was a saint--happy ?

No. She was human. How is it so hard for some people to understand both their heroes and their bogeymen are real people and it just isn't that simple?

Not directed at you specifically, just seems to be a theme here.

etick_utnavy02_850.jpg

My grandfather was a hard man. My father said the only time he saw him cry was when they were watching the funeral procession and as the caisson rolled by, Jack jr. saluted his father.

I know this is one of the most frequently asked rhetorical questions, but I often wonder what life would be like had Kennedy not been assassinated.

As for Jackie, I don't blame her for anything she did after watching her husband being brutally murdered and then Robert too. I don't know if she acted out of fear, love, or just a "screw this" mentality, but she more than earned it.

I saw an interview with the late Hugh Sidey who was a friend of JFK's. After confronting Khrushchev's nuclear brinksmanship in Vienna, President Kennedy broke down to Bobby: “you know it’s just so implausible that humans could allow this to happen. Bob, it doesn’t matter about you and me; were adults, we’ve lived, but the thought of destroying millions of children that never had a chance.”

Bobby confided to Hugh Sidey of Time Magazine: “I had never seen my brother weep; until he came back from the Vienna Summit and he felt we could not escape a nuclear exchange of some kind.”

I saw an interview with the late Hugh Sidey who was a friend of JFK's. After confronting Khrushchev's nuclear brinksmanship in Vienna, President Kennedy broke down to Bobby: “you know it’s just so implausible that humans could allow this to happen. Bob, it doesn’t matter about you and me; were adults, we’ve lived, but the thought of destroying millions of children that never had a chance.”

Bobby confided to Hugh Sidey of Time Magazine: “I had never seen my brother weep; until he came back from the Vienna Summit and he felt we could not escape a nuclear exchange of some kind.”

That would be a huge yolk to carry.

Wow. That's not even close to what I said. You know it too, and if you missed it the you probably missed the part where I said your opinion of Jackie Kennedy is your prerogative.

Lame.

No. She was human. How is it so hard for some people to understand both their heroes and their bogeymen are real people and it just isn't that simple?

of course she was but the way history paints her you would think she is up there with Mother Theresa. Are people even aware how the Kennedys controlled the media?

of course she was but the way history paints her you would think she is up there with Mother Theresa. Are people even aware how the Kennedys controlled the media?

I thought "the Jews" controlled the media?

At least that's what the paranoid personality types in this country have been prattling on about for my entire life.

I thought "the Jews" controlled the media?

At least that's what the paranoid personality types in this country have been prattling on about for my entire life.

Liberal Jews and Muslims do now.

I'm not arguing with you there. I may understand where she was coming from and how screwed up she must have been with everything she had to deal with from JFK's screwing around to the fishbowl to the assassinations. But understanding and having some compassion isn't the same as saying she deserves sainthood. It's just more complicated than she's Mother Teresa or she's a skank, there's a whole lot in between.

Of course then the argument isn't as much fun. :D

I'm not arguing with you there. I may understand where she was coming from and how screwed up she must have been with everything she had to deal with from JFK's screwing around to the fishbowl to the assassinations. But understanding and having some compassion isn't the same as saying she deserves sainthood. It's just more complicated than she's Mother Teresa or she's a skank, there's a whole lot in between.

Jackie may have been more put out at times, that Lem Billings, Jack's lifelong Choate friend had his own room at the White House.

American Chronicle | The Man who Loved Jack Kennedy

Jackie may have been more put out at times, that Lem Billings, Jack's lifelong Choate friend had his own room at the White House.

American Chronicle | The Man who Loved Jack Kennedy

That's all pretty well known to anybody who's interested. And I do recognize it couldn't have been easy live her life and not get paranoid. But the fact is she did use Onassis for money and security, in a real way not much different from the women discussed earlier in the thread. The fact that her choices were hard ones doesn't give her a pass for that to any greater or lesser degree than it should for the others, some of whose choices were also not easy. That's not heartless, it's simply acknowledging the truth. Or is it her name that matters, and not her actions?

Forum List

Back