Skakel conviction vacated/judges morons

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..a very interesting case......the ''alibi'' is well known for those that followed this case
he was supposedly at someones's house watching Monty Python ...but later on he admitted in a story that he remembered a friend leaving his house at a time after the people left his house to go watch MPython
...so--he made the Freudian slip...

...plus there was another ''admission'' by Skakel
--he was at the very place of the crime scene that night!!
--the golf club that was used to murder was from the Skakel house
etc

my opinion:
..he had really wanted the victim be his girlfriend...he didn't want to go watch Monty Python---he would much rather be with '''his'' girlfriend....then he saw his brother get very intimate with the girl---as the brother admitted.....1+ 1 =2...he was drunk and got pissed off!! very pissed

the other thing is these jerk judges are saying FU to the jury and they are saying a well paid defense lawyer was not good enough.....!!!!!

Mark Fuhrman helped solve the case
Mark Fuhrman's 1998 book Murder in Greenwich named Michael Skakel as the murderer and pointed out numerous mistakes the police had made in investigating the case
Murder of Martha Moxley - Wikipedia
Kennedy Cousin Michael Skakel has murder conviction vacated | Daily Mail Online
The Ghosts of Greenwich

It is our system. We make it hard to convict people, because we want to eliminate any chance of an innocent going to prison. It is the very premise of our system. The Prosecutor has a hard job, and has to make sure that all the I’s are dotted, and the T’s are crossed. They have to do more than say. “I know he is guilty.”

Psychic just don’t cut it. The famed FBI Lab, has had their absolutely certain matches overturned by DNA evidence. A vast majority of the cases the Lab was involved in were either wrong, or overstated. For example saying a hair matched to the exclusion of all other instead of saying that the hairs were similar.

FBI errors throw forensic convictions into question

What happens is that when they rush to make sure the “guilty” don’t get away with it, they send a bunch of innocent to prison too. When those innocents are later identified, every other case the investigators worked on become suspect. Every one of them. So in an effort to make sure no guilty get away, the cops end up with a whole bunch of guilty getting away because they lied.

Massive drug lab scandal results in 20,000 convictions dropped

Twenty thousand convictions because of ONE lab tech. ONE!

It isn’t just lab workers either. It’s cops. In rare mass exoneration, 15 drug cases tied to corrupt Chicago ex-cop are thrown out

When it is clearly shown that a cop lied in one case, how do you argue that he totally told the truth in all the others? The Jury certainly would’t believe it. Lord knows I wouldn’t.

So it is vital for the Prosecution to have it all right. It is vital for the cops to do it right. Because eventually the truth about one case will get out, and when it does, all the other cases start to fall apart as well. Because convincing the jury that the cop or lab worker lied, but just on this one case, we swear, is not going to fly.

It is our system. We make it hard to convict people, because we want to eliminate any chance of an innocent going to prison. It is the very premise of our system. The Prosecutor has a hard job, and has to make sure that all the I’s are dotted, and the T’s are crossed. They have to do more than say. “I know he is guilty.”

Psychic just don’t cut it. The famed FBI Lab, has had their absolutely certain matches overturned by DNA evidence. A vast majority of the cases the Lab was involved in were either wrong, or overstated. For example saying a hair matched to the exclusion of all other instead of saying that the hairs were similar.

FBI errors throw forensic convictions into question

What happens is that when they rush to make sure the “guilty” don’t get away with it, they send a bunch of innocent to prison too. When those innocents are later identified, every other case the investigators worked on become suspect. Every one of them. So in an effort to make sure no guilty get away, the cops end up with a whole bunch of guilty getting away because they lied.

Massive drug lab scandal results in 20,000 convictions dropped

Twenty thousand convictions because of ONE lab tech. ONE!

It isn’t just lab workers either. It’s cops. In rare mass exoneration, 15 drug cases tied to corrupt Chicago ex-cop are thrown out

When it is clearly shown that a cop lied in one case, how do you argue that he totally told the truth in all the others? The Jury certainly would’t believe it. Lord knows I wouldn’t.

So it is vital for the Prosecution to have it all right. It is vital for the cops to do it right. Because eventually the truth about one case will get out, and when it does, all the other cases start to fall apart as well. Because convincing the jury that the cop or lab worker lied, but just on this one case, we swear, is not going to fly.
I agree
but it was a fair trial with a high paid lawyer
christ---this would mean a lot of the convictions should be overturned
or, in a slam dunk case, the lawyer could purposely foul up/etc
from my many readings on the case, the lawyer did bring up other supects
the alibi was proven to be possibly false--by Micheal's own admission

..he placed himself at the scene on the night of the murders---''pleasuring himself''--at the very same tree where the body was found
it is surmised he did this because he learned how DNA could catch the killer

, Mr. Skakel denied that he had killed her but admitted that he had been in the Moxleys' yard the night she died, masturbating in the tree.
Testimony Puts Skakel at Scene of Murder
Oct. 31, 1975, her head bludgeoned with a golf club taken from a set that belonged to Rushton Skakel, Mr. Skakel's father.
along with all the other evidence:
On Tuesday, the first day of the pretrial hearing, two former classmates of Mr. Skakel's testified that he confessed to the murder in the late 1970's while at a school for troubled youths in Maine.

Skakel's father had $$$$$--more than enough to hire a ''great'' lawyer....not a ''shithead''
Mr. Skakel and his family have spared no expense in their efforts to clear his name.
Family’s Tenacity and Wealth Put Skakel at Cusp of Freedom
Mr. Skakel was the brother of Ethel Kennedy and the head of a family business that was once one of the largest private companies in the country.
Mr. Skakel took over the family business, Great Lakes Carbon, in the 1960's
Rushton Skakel Is Dead at 79; Father of Killer

Forum List

Back