Six Straight years of GOP Power. Let's list their accomplishments:

Wow, 158 comments and not a single Republican "success".

What happened during those six years?

2.4 trillion dollar tax cut that was supposed to grow the economy.

The millions of jobs moved to China using that money.

Two wars.

Bin Laden.

Katrina clean up.

No bid contracts.

Blackwater.

Non funded "No Child left Behind".

Where is the success from the party that hates government. Was their plan to prove government doesn't work? If that was the plan, they carried it out perfectly.

Deany? You are out of your league even in your own thread(s). Take up knitting and stop being a pest.

Two wars.

Bin Laden.

Katrina clean up.

No bid contracts.

Blackwater.

Where is the success from the party that hates government. Was their plan to prove government doesn't work? If that was the plan, they carried it out perfectly.

Deany? You are out of your league even in your own thread(s). Take up knitting and stop being a pest.

I'm sorry. I missed your list of success. Guess that's outta my league too.

Two wars.

Bin Laden.

Katrina clean up.

No bid contracts.

Blackwater.

I'm sorry. I missed your list of success. Guess that's outta my league too.

Congrats. You got something correct.

Because Bush left office with so many accomplishments. Look at how many have been listed so far. Here, let me summarize:

They were already summarized.

In fact, they were "accomplishments" that would've been shouted from the hills, had a prez with a (D) by his name signed off on them.

But, alas, you're a mere partisan hack douchebagge, who is so blind to the fact that your partisan hack doushebagge agenda got stolen and enacted in front of your face.

Poor partisan hack douchebagge, :lol::lol::lol:

Except that Obama did indeed pass much needed legislation that would have been even better with Republican involvement. Only, they were too busy planning his "Waterloo".
Do you find the sound of the wind whistling through your ears soothing or bothersome?

They were already summarized.

In fact, they were "accomplishments" that would've been shouted from the hills, had a prez with a (D) by his name signed off on them.

But, alas, you're a mere partisan hack douchebagge, who is so blind to the fact that your partisan hack doushebagge agenda got stolen and enacted in front of your face.

Poor partisan hack douchebagge, :lol::lol::lol:

Except that Obama did indeed pass much needed legislation that would have been even better with Republican involvement. Only, they were too busy planning his "Waterloo".
Do you find the sound of the wind whistling through your ears soothing or bothersome?

“My friend, [Republican Sen.] Jim DeMint, who said he wanted the health care bill to be Obama’s Waterloo, he was just speaking specifically. They want everything to be Obama’s Waterloo,” Reid, flanked by other Democratic leaders, said at a news conference Thursday. “They will not help in spite of the fact that people in America are hurting really bad.”

Harry Reid: GOP looking for President Obama 'Waterloo' - Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

Two wars.

Bin Laden.

Katrina clean up.

No bid contracts.

Blackwater.

Where is the success from the party that hates government? Was their plan to prove government doesn't work? If that was the plan, they carried it out perfectly.

Forget the Democrats. Where was the "REPUBLICAN" success?
you just cant figure out why so many here dont take your posts seriously....can you Dean?....even though you have been told repeatedly....and if you reply to this....im sure you will just give yet another example of WHY you garner very little respect from so many here.......

Success....
Lets see...

Within days of 9-11 the markets oepned and people lived their lives normally
Despite the dot com bust of the late 1990's, the internet industry continued to flourish
unemployment for the bulk of those 6 years remained at a steady acceptable number
Interest rates were at an all time low allowing for business to borrow for growth
NO ONE DIED due to an insurance company denying them coverage
NO ONE involuntarily starved to death

Now....how do you define success.....what the government MAKES happen or what the government does AS things happen.

Can someone help me out here?

Republicans controlled both houses and the Presidency for six straight years. Even during the last two years of the Bush administration, the Senate was 49 to 49 with two independents.

First, what did Republicans accomplish during that time? With all that power and control?

Second, what is it they expect to accomplish now by controlling the house? Will it be to continue on the same course or will there be something different?
They passed Ted Kennedy's NCLB bill.

They stole and passed Medicare D.

They passed massively bloated transportation and ag spending bills.

They passed extension after extension after extension of unemployment handouts.

They created an entirely new cabinet-level bureaucracy --Department of Fatherland Security-- and did a hostile takeover of airport "security".

If a president and congress controlled by goobers with a (D) by their names had accrued such a list of "accomplishments", knuckle dragging mouth breathers like you would be proclaiming those years as a great success.

You have a good memory when you want it. The Transportation bill had 4,000 earmarks in it. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/29/politics/29cong.html

He gave us Faith based Charities, the largest expansion of Welfare in twenty years, and moved the church into the White House to insure there is no separation of church & state.

He cut Clinton's cop program to put police on the street, and limited 2nd Amendment rights to own or buy a gun.

A lot of what Bush is remembered for is in what he didn't do, in making promises he didn't keep, and bills he didn't fund.
Bush's Broken Promises

Last edited:
You guys are too wrapped up in the accomplishments of government.
To me?
A successfull government is one with no legacy and instead one that allows the people to accomplish.

Can someone help me out here?

Republicans controlled both houses and the Presidency for six straight years. Even during the last two years of the Bush administration, the Senate was 49 to 49 with two independents.

First, what did Republicans accomplish during that time? With all that power and control?

military_coffins3.jpg

flagtochildImage15.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0TnqUlB4Gg[/ame]​

You have a good memory when you want it. The Transportation bill had 4,000 earmarks in it. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/29/politics/29cong.html

He gave us Faith based Charities, the largest expansion of Welfare in twenty years, and moved the church into the White House to insure there is no separation of church & state.

He cut Clinton's cop program to put police on the street, and limited 2nd Amendment rights to own or buy a gun.

A lot of what Bush is remembered for is in what he didn't do, in making promises he didn't keep, and bills he didn't fund.
Bush's Broken Promises

Shintao....i agree Bush was not a good president,but unless i missed it in your link....you wanna show me where he messed with the 2nd amendment?.......and the Aids thing was not worth mentioning....Bush has done more than probably any leader ever, to combat that disease...especially in Africa....

Success....
Lets see...

Within days of 9-11 the markets oepned and people lived their lives normally
Despite the dot com bust of the late 1990's, the internet industry continued to flourish
unemployment for the bulk of those 6 years remained at a steady acceptable number
Interest rates were at an all time low allowing for business to borrow for growth
NO ONE DIED due to an insurance company denying them coverage
NO ONE involuntarily starved to death

Now....how do you define success.....what the government MAKES happen or what the government does AS things happen.
See, that's the key phrase here. Dealing with what Hairnet defines as "success". If we could get a clear definition that didn't change with the score, that'd be helpful.

Excuse me, asshole? You better shut your fucking mouth bro. Never talk to me like that. I'm only calling it like I see it. I give a shit what kind of 'history' is going on here. You said some dumb shit, I explained why. If you were being sarcastic, and I missed it, then just say so, and I'll understand. Otherwise, fuck off...

blow me craphead....who the fuck do you think you are?....."never talk to me like that".....:lol:....if you cant take what i said pussy you had better go find the Disney chat room....because im sure a fucking dildo like you is going to see worse in this forum.....

Cool man. Your awesome. Keep it up. :eek:

Oh yeah, and you're fucking idiot who thinks he's cool cuz he talks shit about random people on an anonymous political discussion forum. You are truly a loser.

Last edited:
Excuse me, asshole? You better shut your fucking mouth bro. Never talk to me like that. I'm only calling it like I see it. I give a shit what kind of 'history' is going on here. You said some dumb shit, I explained why. If you were being sarcastic, and I missed it, then just say so, and I'll understand. Otherwise, fuck off...

blow me craphead....who the fuck do you think you are?....."never talk to me like that".....:lol:....if you cant take what i said pussy you had better go find the Disney chat room....because im sure a fucking dildo like you is going to see worse in this forum.....

Cool man. Your awesome. Keep it up. :eek:

Oh yeah, and you're fucking idiot who thinks he's cool cuz he talks shit about random people on an anonymous political discussion forum. You are truly a loser.

gee yea....kinda like what your doing.....

Last edited:
On September 11, 2001 the United States was attacked by 19 men, most Saudi Nationals, trained and funded by OBL, also a Saudi. The attack killed approximately 3,000 people, representing nations from around the world.
On the watch of George W. Bush.
On Sept. 12, 2001 we had an opportunity to lead the civilized world in an effort to greatly eradicate terrorism, and bring to justice the criminals who engage in terror. By defining terrorism as a war, we set a course which lead to our invasion and occupation of two countries at a much greater cost in lives and treasure than we suffered at the hands of 19 criminals and those who lead them.
Taking this course of action was not by whim; it was the stated goal of many of those in the Bush Administration as early as 1997. See: Statement of Principles
Take note of the names of those who signed this document.

Nearly ten years after the horror of 9-11, we remain engaged in a Kafkaish war on a noun (terror). The alleged and admitted leader of the attack remains free. Because of the arrogance of GWB and Cheney, our relationship with the rest of the nations of the world became strained and our greatest foe of this new century - China - holds our economy in their hands.
Under Bush&Co the regulation of Banking and Wall St. was for the most part absent, based on ideology and a belief that markets and Wall St. would somehow self-regulate. A giant, legal - for the most part - ponzi scheme enriched the few and harmed the many bringing our nation to the brink of economic collapse.
Today there is great effort to re-write history, helped along by rightwing members of the idiot fringe who reside on this MB daily. Proudly they echo each others lies, half-truths, and rumors, inuenndos and
monger hate and fear.
Yes Virginia, and Texas, Wisconsin, Idaho and each state across our union, we have met the enemy and he is us.

Forum List

Back