Single-payer HC plan IS the answer......

Nat4900 has a false idea about our longevity being shorter than other countries because of single payer health care. That has been proven bogus yet desperate Progressives continue to cling to this bogus idea. As always, they desperately grasp at straws.

The United States is a country of mixed races, national origins, and histories. Nat4900 and other desperate Progressives compare us with homogeneous countries, such as Sweden.

Many of the citizens of Minnesota are of Scandinavian heritage. Even their dialect is Scandinavian in nature. They draw out the vowels. Much as I did in my early years.

The life span in Minnesota is 81.1 years.

The life span in Sweden is 82.68 years.

Not nearly the difference Progressives cling to.

The same is true about the life expectancy of citizens from Hawaii. Theirs is the longest in the US at 81.3 years.

The life expectancy of Asian countries varies between 84 in Japan to 76 in China and Vietnam.

Try again losers.

Single Payer is a dead issue!

Vermont has tried Single Payer and it has proven to be a failure.

From the far left site, Politico: Why single payer died in Vermont

Also from Forbes: Six Reasons Why Vermont's Single-Payer Health Plan Was Doomed From The Start

FAR, FAR LEFT California proposed legislation for their own Single Payer system. EVEN California, after doing the numbers discovered much to their dismay, that Single Payer Health Care would cost as much as their entire state budget. EVEN they said...oops!

As we all know too, Single Payer is a failure in Canada as well as Britain.

Why do Progressives demand unaffordable and worse still, inferior single payer health care for our country?

Any kind of alternative system that alleviates the lesser-of-two-evils factor. The link in the quote above is a good place to start

Absolutely not.

I'm deprived of my final choice. There is not a snowballs chance in heck that would ever become the standard.

Someone could easily win an election with 30 or even less, percent of the vote.

"A" wins 30% of the initial vote, "B" 27%, "C"23% and "D" 20% so "D" is eliminated.

The second count of the same ballots, "A" wins 34%, "B" 29%, "C" 37% so "B" is eliminated.

The third count of the same ballots "C" wins 51% and "A" wins 49%

"B" wins the election with 23% of the initial vote. Totally unacceptable.

Our current system has worked superbly for over 240 years. If your candidate loses, get a better candidate.

Last edited:

Also from Forbes: Six Reasons Why Vermont's Single-Payer Health Plan Was Doomed From The Start

FAR, FAR LEFT California proposed legislation for their own Single Payer system. EVEN California, after doing the numbers discovered much to their dismay, that Single Payer Health Care would cost as much as their entire state budget. EVEN they said...oops!

Why do Progressives demand unaffordable and worse still, inferior single payer health care for our country?

liberals continue to push it because they think it will be free for THEM.

Why is it assumed that Europe has single payer health care?

I don't specifically know the answer to that question.

However, the fact that you use the word assumed means that you think people are working off something other than knowledge of how the system works.

Can I ask if you are aware of place in Europe that don't have "single payer" ?

However, the fact that you use the word assumed means that you think people are working off something other than knowledge of how the system works.

This, for example:

The Dutch really have it together on health care, they have a system that has been proposed as a model for the US to emulate. In stark contrast to many other European systems, it’s actually based entirely on private insurers, rather than a single-payer or entirely national system. Yet the Dutch system is universal, has far superior rates of satisfaction with quality of care and access, and still costs a fraction of what we pay for health care per capita in the US. How is this possible?

What is healthcare like in the Netherlands?

liberals continue to push it because they think it will be free for THEM.

once again gnat finds the truth funny. Whats funny, gnat? You know that you support single payer because you think it would give you free medical care. But you are wrong. No matter what the tax rate is on the rich it wont generate enough money to give free medical care to 330,000,000 people. YOU will pay for it. Either through higher taxes on your meager income or through a sales tax on everything you buy.

NOTHING is free, moron.

The UK has it, but it you want good medical care you buy an additional policy on your own.

This, for example:

The Dutch really have it together on health care, they have a system that has been proposed as a model for the US to emulate. In stark contrast to many other European systems, it’s actually based entirely on private insurers, rather than a single-payer or entirely national system. Yet the Dutch system is universal, has far superior rates of satisfaction with quality of care and access, and still costs a fraction of what we pay for health care per capita in the US. How is this possible?

How many people in the Netherlands? Trying to compare that to the USA is foolish.

This, for example:

How many people in the Netherlands? Trying to compare that to the USA is foolish.

I wasn't comparing it. You asked me a question.

You LIE about their cost of health care.

What you neglect to mention is that the Netherlands have the HIGHEST TAXES IN THE WORLD. So your post is worthless. NO one will pay what is being paid by the workers in the Netherlands.

1.00 Euro is equal to $1.19 in US dollars.

For 2016, the total tax on income (income tax plus mandatory pension, social security and state funded medical care payments, all of which are a percentage of income up to a maximum) for people under the age 65 is as follows:
  • For the part of income up to € 19,922: 36.55%; tax on €19,922 is € 7,281
  • For the part of income between €19,923 and €33,715: 40.40%; tax on €13,793 is € 5,572
  • For the part of income between €33,716 and € 66,421: 40.40%; tax on €32,706 is €13,213
  • On all income over € 66,421: 52% [1]
So their income tax on all income over $79,000 is 52%. Do you see that in the United States?

Health insurance premium
From 2006 there is a new national health insurance scheme (zorgverzekering(swet), Zvw ). The premium is partly income-dependent and paid as a tax supplement. It applies for the "contribution income" (bijdrage-inkomen ), which is part of box 1, including labor income, social security benefits, pensions, and life annuities (it does not include the "owner-occupied dwelling income"). It is withheld if the wage withholding tax applies. The rate is 7.1% for e.g. wages and 5% for e.g. life annuities, coming on top of the tax percentages mentioned above. The total income for which these rates apply is limited to ca. 50,000 euro.

Flat tax on savings and investments
There is a flat tax on the total value of the savings and investments of 1.2% per year. It is nominally part of the income tax, as a 30% tax on a fixed assumed yield of 4% of the value of the assets (this is regardless of the actual income from the assets). EUR 21,139 (2012; higher for 65+ with a low income) of the value of the assets is exempted.

The amount of money invested in approved "green" investments (up to EUR 56,420) is exempted. Moreover, a tax credit per year of 0.7% of the value is applied for these investments. The credit only counts towards box III.

The VAT TAX (Value Added Tax) in the Netherlands is 21%.
A Value Added Tax is basically a sales tax. It is not assessed on food and assessed at 6% on other necessities. If you buy a cell phone, 24% tax, a bicycle, 24% tax, a car, 24% tax, new dining room suite, 24% tax.

What are the VAT rates in the Netherlands?

Good luck with that!

This, for example:

single payer doesn't work anywhere. Ask the Brits or Canadians. It sounds great, "free medical care for everyone, and the government pays all the bills" The problem is that the government has only one source of income---------------US, you and me. Do you want 65% of your income (no matter how much you make) going to the government? That's what they do in the wonderful Scandinavian countries that you keep ranting about.

This, for example:

single payer doesn't work anywhere. Ask the Brits or Canadians. It sounds great, "free medical care for everyone, and the government pays all the bills" The problem is that the government has only one source of income---------------US, you and me. Do you want 65% of your income (no matter how much you make) going to the government? That's what they do in the wonderful Scandinavian countries that you keep ranting about.

Single payer, or single provider?

Forum List

Back