CDZ Sincere Question

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Gdjjr, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Gdjjr

Gdjjr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +373
    It's pretty obvious this Country is on a downhill slide on a very slippery slope. If you don't believe that then there's no point in your posting anything.

Question: What do you think is the best method/way of helping minimize the the inevitable?

The metric I use to assess our situation is simple; when havoc is created, chaos ensues and catastrophe is inevitable. Historians will assign the time line(s) - or maybe your method/way involves addressing a particular time/grievance

Yes, I have an opinion- but, I'd like for people to stop and think about what they believe best path to take and present an implementation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. progressive hunter

progressive hunter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,168
    stop voting for democrats and republicans,,,

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. EvilEyeFleegle

EvilEyeFleegle Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,456
    Well, Chicken Little...The sky is not falling just yet..I believe that we are in a time of transition--and that a lot of people..especially older folks...are ignoring the positive just a bit.
    Yes, the right has lost the cultural battles of last century..but that's not a bad thing..IMO. People are getting enough to eat...and medical care is available to all..at least at a basic level. The demographic is changing..for sure...and that's scary to many.

Climate change is the biggest hurdle facing the next few generations..so I'd address that...move my people from the coasts..invest in companies that will boom when the East Coast goes bust.

Learn to speak Spanish.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. pismoe

pismoe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,698
    ----------------------------------- --- ME --- . i'm just going to ride it out . I'll let EagleEye and his cohorts have the moldy leftovers and let them figure things out for themselves .

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  5. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,945
    Although the inevitable can't be minimized, it can be delayed. Historically, the biggest change agents have been war and migration. Modernly, military war is being replaced by culture war. And as technology grows with exponential speed, our focus has become ever more self-centered.

Perhaps the development of sex robots with AI will lessen to impetus to attack or control others?

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. sparky

sparky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,388
    Too many complexities in flux for a simple solution, but if i had to generalize , i'd have to say we're not honest about who and what we have become as a society, people, nation....

~S~

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. EvilEyeFleegle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,456
    Nope..we're tossing the leftovers out...all that moldy baggage from the last two centuries..the God madness...the sexist BS...the racist BS...all of it..on the trash heap of history.

As for figuring it out for ourselves...well...that ship has sailed, for me, but better that--for the next generations..than perpetuating the tired mistakes of the past.

8. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56,487

Keep democrats out of power. That is the best way to keep the slide from happening. Then, we fix the republicans...get rid of the non-conservative republicans.

That would go a long way....politically.

Then, start a campaign to encourage 2 parent families.....homes with 2 parents, homes with a father, stabilize a society......fatherless boys and girls create crime and poverty.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. pismoe

pismoe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,698
    -------------------------------------- well , good for you EEye . Actually I think that things are only going to get worse for you guys EEye .

10. EvilEyeFleegle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,456
    Dunno who 'you guys' are. I'm into my 70's so..I suppose you're right...LOL! As for the generations of the future..they will have to pay for the mistakes of the past..same as it always goes in history..but the Boomer mentality---is not long for our culture--we just are not going to be able to afford it. Our grandchildren will curse us..our dithering..our short-sighted spending.

But hey...to the aged..who cares, right__________pismoe?

• Agree Agree x 2