Since the NBA is Back I will do my top ten at each Position

I'm with ya man. I hated that it had to go 7 games only for the Lakers to win it all.... Pisses me off because LA gets even with Boston for getting their ASSES handed to 'em in Game 6 of the 2008 finals, and LA's only within 1 NBA Championship of tying Boston for most in the league.

While I think KB24 is a fantastic player, and while I respect the Lakers for what they've accomplished over the years as a franchise overall - I fucking HATE that team. I really do. I HATE they won that Championship in '10 too. Couldn't feel any more dejected than I did once that game 7 was over.

I still have nightmares and dreams about the 2010 NBA Finals. I didn't even watch game 7 because when Perkins went down I knew it was a wrap, I would give almost anything for that series to have a different outcome but theres nothing I can do.

The 4th quarter of game 7 was a non-stop Laker parade to the free throw line.

It was nauseating.

I'm glad I didn't watch that game I would have thrown my tv out the window, its a fuckin shame man because we were so, so close, I have a feeling we are not going to get that close to a championship in a long while.

I still have nightmares and dreams about the 2010 NBA Finals. I didn't even watch game 7 because when Perkins went down I knew it was a wrap, I would give almost anything for that series to have a different outcome but theres nothing I can do.

It was nauseating.

I'm glad I didn't watch that game I would have thrown my tv out the window, its a fuckin shame man because we were so, so close, I have a feeling we are not going to get that close to a championship in a long while.

Not unless Danny pulls a rabbit out of a hat again or we get ridiculously lucky in the lottery.

It was nauseating.

Not unless Danny pulls a rabbit out of a hat again or we get ridiculously lucky in the lottery.

The trades Danny are making lately don't make any sense, the Perkins trade we are still rebuilding from and it was stupid to give up Semih Erden,a servicable 7 foot center for free basically, and this Rondo/Chris Paul trade would have been a total disaster, Chris Paul does not want to be in Boston.

The trades Danny are making lately don't make any sense, the Perkins trade we are still rebuilding from and it was stupid to give up Semih Erden,a servicable 7 foot center for free basically, and this Rondo/Chris Paul trade would have been a total disaster, Chris Paul does not want to be in Boston.

They def should have kept Semih. He just needed minutes and to be toughened up.

He was a decent back up center, and we basically gave him away for free. I don't know what Ainge was thinking on that one. I am starting to think Danny Ainge is allergic to 7 footers.:(

He was a decent back up center, and we basically gave him away for free. I don't know what Ainge was thinking on that one. I am starting to think Danny Ainge is allergic to 7 footers.:(

I think we ended up with the Clippers 2012 first rounder (top ten protected) in all that trade mess.

I think we ended up with the Clippers 2012 first rounder (top ten protected) in all that trade mess.

Didn't we get a couple of the Cavaliers draft picks too?

I am going to say my prayers tonight that we land Nene or Tyson Chandler, that way Jermaine O'neal can be a back up center. I hate to sound like a broke record but Danny really fucked us with this Perkins trade.

I am going to say my prayers tonight that we land Nene or Tyson Chandler, that way Jermaine O'neal can be a back up center. I hate to sound like a broke record but Danny really fucked us with this Perkins trade.

Proper fucked.

Proper fucked.

And we are not even able to keep the pieces we got from that cluster fuck of a trade, Kristic was a decent center but Doc didn't trust him for some reason when we really could have used him against the Heat, Kristic is head and shoulders above Ilguaskas, Dampier and Joel Anthony, but hes gone to play in Russia and Jeff Green will probably duck out next, he looked really uncomfortable in his role coming off the bench.

Guess I was wrong, Danny Ainge is still pursuing this Rondo/Chris Paul trade behind the curtains.

Celtics would take risk in potential trade of Rajon Rondo for Chris Paul

cp3-rondo.jpg

Rajon Rondo is 25 years old, an NBA champion, a two-time All-Star and a three-time All-Defensive team selection. He’s also set to make $46 million over the next four seasons, one of the league’s best bang-for-the-buck non-rookie contracts. And yet, the Celtics are reportedly trying like mad to trade him for Chris Paul, possibly even offering Rondo to Golden State for Stephen Curry in order to flip Curry to the Hornets for Paul, according to Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News.

Paul is 26, but he’s missing at least part of the piece of cartilage that is supposed to provide crucial cushioning in his left knee. He will be paid about $6 million more than Rondo this season, making for a salary swap that would send Boston well into the luxury tax, and he can become a free agent after this season.

The fact that Boston is doing this seems remarkable, even if it’s obvious that Paul is the better player. Rondo is still a young All-Star, skilled on both sides of the court, and you just don’t see teams sending those players flying around the league for other guys who might be gone in six months. Why risk it?

Boston’s interest in Paul stems from having an offense that has gotten worse in each of the last three seasons, a decline that figures to continue as Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett get a year older and the Celtics find themselves unable to compete in free agency. Boston was an elite offense as recently as 2008-09, when it ranked sixth in points per possession, even though Garnett played just four games after mid-February. The Celtics fell to 15th in 2009-10, undone in Game 7 of the Finals against the Lakers by the sort of prolonged scoring droughts that killed them all season. They finished 18th in points per possession last season, too low to seriously contend for a championship.

Check out the advanced numbers for Pierce, Allen and Garnett, and you’ll see a general trend: They rely more and more on teammate assists to get their buckets. The percentage of Pierce and Allen baskets that come via assists has increased in each of the last four seasons, per Hoopdata. The equivalent number for Garnett jumped dramatically in 2008-09 and 2009-10 before falling a tick last season, when Rondo, the Celtics’ primary distributor, missed major time because of injury. Some of this was inevitable, due to both age and the coming together of stars who used to do much more heavy lifting on their own. Some of it is due to Rondo, one of the game’s great passers, a wizard at finding angles no one else can.

Boston’s Plan A on offense is Rondo passing the ball to great shooters. But NBA teams can stop Plan A quite often, and as Boston’s Big Three lose their ability to create one-on-one, there is really no Plan B. Rondo was supposed to be that Plan B, but he is an unwilling and inaccurate shooter who does not get to the foul line. Plan B has too often turned into an engine stall, with teams mucking up Boston’s spacing by going under screens on Rondo pick-and-rolls, playing several feet off him when he has the ball and ignoring him when he finally gives it up. The Celtics have figured out clever ways to beat these strategies, and Rondo has improved as an off-the-ball lurker along the baseline, but these tricks require so much effort while producing a below-average scoring punch.

The Point Forward » Posts Celtics would take risk in potential trade of Rajon Rondo for Chris Paul «