Urban Meyer takes OSU job.

I don't follow college football that much. Why would he resign the Florida job and a year later take the OSU job?

Because the job opened up unexpectedly.

I guess my question then is why did he resign from the Florida job? Did he foresee the quality of his recruiting classes?

Well his 2010 recruiting class was ranked number 1 in the nation so beats me. I think he was burned out and wanted to stop coaching for at least another year but can't risk not taking the OSU job because it might not be there again for another 10 years.

I guess my question then is why did he resign from the Florida job? Did he foresee the quality of his recruiting classes?

Well his 2010 recruiting class was ranked number 1 in the nation so beats me. I think he was burned out and wanted to stop coaching for at least another year but can't risk not taking the OSU job because it might not be there again for another 10 years.

Thanks.

They sure were awful on Saturday.

I don't follow college football that much. Why would he resign the Florida job and a year later take the OSU job?

Jeremy Foley, the AD at UF is a prick who micromanages coaches. He's why Spurrier left.

Go Noles!

FSU.gif

Thanks.

They sure were awful on Saturday.

Coaching matters.

In his Florida contract he had a clause put in he could get out of his contract if the OSU job opened up, he is a Buckeye.

In his Florida contract he had a clause put in he could get out of his contract if the OSU job opened up, he is a Buckeye.

Baloney. Meyer quit as Florida coach BEFORE Tressel got fired at OSU. Meyer was burned out, had a health scare, and decided it was time to take a break and spend more time with his family. When Tressel got fired, and OSU named an "interim" coach, anybody who knows anything about OSU knew that Urban Meyer was going to be the next PERMANENT coach at OSU. Meyer is from Ohio. Meyer previously coached at OSU. Meyer was the head coach at Bowling Green. He has DEEP Ohio roots.

Urban Meyer will lead OSU to the promised land. What a GREAT hire for the Buckeyes!

Last edited:

Baloney. Meyer quit as Florida coach BEFORE Tressel got fired at OSU. Meyer was burned out, had a health scare, and decided it was time to take a break and spend more time with his family. When Tressel got fired, and OSU named an "interim" coach, anybody who knows anything about OSU knew that Urban Meyer was going to be the next PERMANENT coach at OSU. Meyer is from Ohio. Meyer previously coached at OSU. Meyer was the head coach at Bowling Green. He has DEEP Ohio roots.

Urban Meyer will lead OSU to the promised land. What a GREAT hire for the Buckeyes!

I hope U of M savors that win. It's gonna be a long dry spell again.

Forum List

Back