Since 2009, 88 Percent Of Income Growth Went To Corporate Profits, 1% Went to Wages

thegapbetweenthetop1and.jpg

They want the consumer to spend yet they don't wnat to pay them a wage that enables them to. then they want to gouge the consumer on necessities to pay their hedge fund obligations and wonder why they have no discretionary income. What a bunch of blind greedy mongers they are. Glad I don't depend on such scum.

They want the corporations to hire yet they don't want to give them an environment that enables them to. Then they want to gouge the corporations to pay their government obligations and wonder why they have no new jobs. What a bunch of blind greedy mongers they are. Glad I don't depend on such scum.

Foxbots!! And the deregulation in the 20's led to the FIRST Pub Great Depression...they NEVER learn!

New York's House District 9, finally Republican!:clap2:

Becaise Wiener was a disgusting idiot, means little. The 26th was a referendum on Ryan's/Pub ideas on taxation and medicare/aid...Foxbots!

Now that PAYROLL taxes are more than income taxes, Foxbots only want to talk about INCOME taxes. MORONS and perfect tools of the greedy rich. The world is aghast at your STUPIDITY..................:cuckoo::lol: tyvm

The 26th counts and the 9th doesn't? :lol::lol::lol:

Payroll taxes are more than income taxes?
Does that mean Buffett's secretary pay's 7.65% in SS and less than that in income taxes?
Less than 15.3% is still less than 30%. :clap2:

A thousand guys with $100,000 each is $100 million. Of course that much income produces more demand than total income of $1 million.

I guess Obama could raise taxes to try and increase jobs. It's obvious his wasteful deficit spending didn't work.

It's not a math problem it's a concept example.

Do you or do you not agree that more people having the money to afford a car and a 'fridge is better for an economy than fewer people having the money to buy shit?

Do you understand that a nation that finds itself with 10% of the population controlling 90% of the wealth for whatever reason is shooting its own market in the foot?

Doesn't it concern you, how stupid we must look from space?

You have to ask yourself if government taking money away the rich people is the best way to increase the number of people who have enough money to buy shit.

No I don't.

What I have to do is I have to demand fair taxes through a simple tax code and a budget that's balanced by law.

My good conscience will allow nothing less.

It's not a math problem it's a concept example.

Do you or do you not agree that more people having the money to afford a car and a 'fridge is better for an economy than fewer people having the money to buy shit?

Do you understand that a nation that finds itself with 10% of the population controlling 90% of the wealth for whatever reason is shooting its own market in the foot?

Doesn't it concern you, how stupid we must look from space?

You have to ask yourself if government taking money away the rich people is the best way to increase the number of people who have enough money to buy shit.

No I don't.

What I have to do is I have to demand fair taxes through a simple tax code and a budget that's balanced by law.

How will a simpler code and a balanced budget make the inequality less?

Since 2009, 88 Percent Of Income Growth Went To Corporate Profits, Just One Percent Went To Wages | ThinkProgress

After the longest recession since WWII, many Americans are still struggling while S&P 500 corporations are sitting on $800 billion in cash and making massive profits. Now, economists from Northeastern University have released a study that finds our sluggish economic recovery has almost solely benefited corporations. According to the study:
“Between the second quarter of 2009 and the fourth quarter of 2010, real national income in the U.S. increased by $528 billion. Pre-tax corporate profits by themselves had increased by $464 billion while aggregate real wages and salaries rose by only $7 billion or only .1%. Over this six quarter period, corporate profits captured 88% of the growth in real national income while aggregate wages and salaries accounted for only slightly more than 1% of the growth in real national income. …The absence of any positive share of national income growth due to wages and salaries received by American workers during the current economic recovery is historically unprecedented.”
<more>

I love it.

First we have Think Progress, which means they are probably misrepresenting the study they are citing, then it turns out that the study the cite does not even exist.

That is remarkable chutzpah even for them.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

The topic is still relevant though, no?

10% of the population controlling 90% of the wealth is unnatural and evolution will achieve a balanced bell curve in time. Pray it's achieved through negotiation this time - the last correction back in the 1930's brought down a shit load of the planets infrastructure.

They want the corporations to hire yet they don't want to give them an environment that enables them to. Then they want to gouge the corporations to pay their government obligations and wonder why they have no new jobs. What a bunch of blind greedy mongers they are. Glad I don't depend on such scum.

New York's House District 9, finally Republican!:clap2:

Becaise Wiener was a disgusting idiot, means little. The 26th was a referendum on Ryan's/Pub ideas on taxation and medicare/aid...Foxbots!

Now that PAYROLL taxes are more than income taxes, Foxbots only want to talk about INCOME taxes. MORONS and perfect tools of the greedy rich. The world is aghast at your STUPIDITY..................:cuckoo::lol: tyvm

Does that mean Buffett's secretary pay's 7.65% in SS and less than that in income taxes?

Let me draw you a diagram.
A.The conservative Dems in the 9th were disgusted by Wiener, the Pub candidate almost beat Wiener last time- the Dem this time was a stiff- DIFFERENT.
B.The gov't for the first time now gets more revenue from payroll taxes than income taxes, and you Foxbots are brainwashed. Kay? NON Foxbots think about how many taxes people pay IN TOTAL! JFC!

No I don't.

How will a simpler code and a balanced budget make the inequality less?

It more easily exposes corruption, mismanagement for what it is. It forces prioritization. It eliminates waste. We want to encourage competence, production, value for value.

A.The conservative Dems in the 9th were disgusted by Wiener, the Pub candidate almost beat Wiener last time- the Dem this time was a stiff- DIFFERENT.
B.The gov't for the first time now gets more revenue from payroll taxes than income taxes, and you Foxbots are brainwashed. Kay? NON Foxbots think about how many taxes people pay IN TOTAL! JFC!

Those hidden taxes are not a badge of honor, they are a reason for concern.

I guess you believe Buffett's lie about his secretary?

Since 2009, 88 Percent Of Income Growth Went To Corporate Profits, Just One Percent Went To Wages | ThinkProgress

After the longest recession since WWII, many Americans are still struggling while S&P 500 corporations are sitting on $800 billion in cash and making massive profits. Now, economists from Northeastern University have released a study that finds our sluggish economic recovery has almost solely benefited corporations. According to the study:
“Between the second quarter of 2009 and the fourth quarter of 2010, real national income in the U.S. increased by $528 billion. Pre-tax corporate profits by themselves had increased by $464 billion while aggregate real wages and salaries rose by only $7 billion or only .1%. Over this six quarter period, corporate profits captured 88% of the growth in real national income while aggregate wages and salaries accounted for only slightly more than 1% of the growth in real national income. …The absence of any positive share of national income growth due to wages and salaries received by American workers during the current economic recovery is historically unprecedented.”
<more>

I love it.

First we have Think Progress, which means they are probably misrepresenting the study they are citing, then it turns out that the study the cite does not even exist.

what? did I miss a post? :eusa_eh:

<more>

I love it.

I cheated, I clicked the link in the story on Think Progress.

&#8220;Between the second quarter of 2009 and the fourth quarter of 2010, real national income in the U.S. increased by $528 billion. Pre-tax corporate profits by themselves had increased by $464 billion while aggregate real wages and salaries rose by only $7 billion or only .1%. Over this six quarter period, corporate profits captured 88% of the growth in real national income while aggregate wages and salaries accounted for only slightly more than 1% of the growth in real national income. &#8230;The absence of any positive share of national income growth due to wages and salaries received by American workers during the current economic recovery is historically unprecedented.&#8221;
<more>

I love it.

The topic is still relevant though, no?

10% of the population controlling 90% of the wealth is unnatural and evolution will achieve a balanced bell curve in time. Pray it's achieved through negotiation this time - the last correction back in the 1930's brought down a shit load of the planets infrastructure.

humm how do we account for the European meltdown then? they are clearly re-distributionist using top down gov. mandates for everything from no. hours a worker can work to how many pharmacies are allowed in a city, extremely generous welfare and entitlement benefits etc?

Last edited:
I love it.

I cheated, I clicked the link in the story on Think Progress.

I didn't challenge the data because it didn't matter to me, but, lesson learned, always double check thinkprogress...;)

He pays 17%, 15% and basically nothing in payroll, gas tax and fees. She pays 20% in all taxes and fees. Duh.

He pays 17%, 15% and basically nothing in payroll, gas tax and fees. She pays 20% in all taxes and fees. Duh.

she pays INCOME tax you dolt, he pays CAPITAL GAINS, and then shelters that in his "Foundation" tax free.

She pays 20%?
Why did he lie and claim she paid 30%?

Forum List

Back