Signs and Symptoms of Internet Addiction

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Do you have any?

• Spending more time online than you even realize. (losing track of time)
  • Isolating yourself from friends or family members to spend time online.
  • Becoming defensive about your time spent online.
  • Difficulty completing tasks at work or at home because you spend too much time surfing the web.
  • Euphoric feelings when involved with internet activities. (hmmm....)

(taken from Internet Addiction - Signs, Symptoms & Treatment Options)

Do you have any?

• Difficulty completing tasks at work or at home because you spend too much time surfing the web.

When I began playing Everquest way back, the next thing I knew 5 years of my life had disappeared. I've since avoided mmorpg's like plutonium for fear of fast-fowarding through my life again. :)

Made the obligatory appearence at my Mom's re-marriage then, due to a guild raid obligation (was playing a cleric the whole 5 years, my 'main') ditched out to attend. :) Good indicator of gaming addiction if not internet proper.

Do you have any?

When I began playing Everquest way back, the next thing I knew 5 years of my life had disappeared. I've since avoided mmorpg's like plutonium for fear of fast-fowarding through my life again. :)

Made the obligatory appearence at my Mom's re-marriage then, due to a guild raid obligation (was playing a cleric the whole 5 years, my 'main') ditched out to attend. :) Good indicator of gaming addiction if not internet proper.
Your family still invites you to family functions?

I was addicted (much more than I am now) for years.
It started with Prodigy and the message boards (called Forums) - I started a topic called Name That Tune and people would post lines from songs and guess the titles. They also had games and I was totally addicted to a game that was like Mastermind (where you have a hidden sequence of pegs, colors, and you have to guess what they are based on process of elimination).

I then had an addition to playing card games, Spades in particular.

Forum List

Back