Sign: "Jesus Is Coming Soon"

Good point. That angel Moroni was more reliable than the 2000 year old fairy tales...at least AS reliable

So the angel is more reliable than the God who sent Him?

Do you guys understand ridiculous you sound?

Either one of them can climb up on a stool and kiss my Big Orange, Tennessee Coon Dawg Arse. I don't believe that ancient trash.

I've seen move evidence of His existence, than your sanity.

Just took a dump, and a load it was in the bowl. I swear I see Jesus face on the toilet paper after a good wipe. I swear, I do! I’m calling a plumber to have the bowl removed and placed in the public park, so all can come by and pray to the holy peace of shit on the dirty wiped TP!

Praise the good load..oop’s lord

Remember when all the big dogma junky rage was to insist that ole jebus would return before the year 2000?

:lol:

ahhh the good times...

Haven't they been saying this a couple of thousand years. He's not not here. I frankly don't think he's coming.

The Bible told us people like you would come along.....

2 Peter 3:3-4 states

3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Mockers and Scoffers in the end times - Rick Warren and Seeker Sensitive - Zimbio

As I don’t have to follow brain washing money scams and pray to my imaginary friend. As god can strike me down know. To go along with his plant genocide drowning ways, As that did not happen, or we are all inbreeds and members of one big sick family. So does anyone want to share their list of sister's and brother's that you have fucked. I here preacher go for the brown eye of underage young boys. Would this be a father or daddy doing his son or cousin? My brother's and Sister's!
Praise the good messy load..oop’s lord

How soon is ....soon? You radical agnostics know what is going on even if you pretend to be stupid. People weren't afraid to display their religious beliefs at one time. Times have changed and now a kid could be kicked out of school if a search of his backpack revealed a Bible.

There are Bibles in public school libraries.
Anyone can bring a Bible to a public school and pray to themselves all they want.
All day, everyday.
What you can not do is force your prayers on other students to recite.
Why do you want to force others to recite your prayers if your faith is so strong with your own religion?

You touched on the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Yeah there are Bibles in some school libraries if they haven't all been banned by now. The phrase "pray to themselves all they want" is interesting. They tried for a moment of silence in Va. public schools and the ACLU had a cow about it. The Bible is banned and kids can't even have Bible studies in a club on school grounds after school although witchcraft is freely displayed and practiced. Kids can't wear a Crucifix or any symbol of Christianity although schools have allowed muslem garb and forced kids to study the Koran.

Haven't they been saying this a couple of thousand years. He's not not here. I frankly don't think he's coming.

Actually that kinda fits the biblical description of the time Christ would return. Basically when nobody expects him to return. After 2000 years most people don't expect him to return. When he returns is immaterial to me and should be to any Christian. Christs Message was clear, live everyday like Judgement day is now, then you won't be caught off guard.

Mathew 24:

45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 24:25-51 was fulfilled nearly 2000 years ago.

2 Peter 3

2That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: 3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

And I suppose God told you that it was ment to be a lesson to be fulfilled only once 2000 years ago and never to be a lesson fulfilled in the future as well? Was that in the fine print?

2 Peter 3 Rather then read into your meaning of why you posted this scripture I'll let you tell me your point.

I put forward that soon may be DIFFERENT for God then it is for men, not meaningless just a different time sense.

Given that we don't know what time is to God, then your argument is that "soon" is meaningless -- to us. That's your whole stupid arguent: We shouldn't conclude that God means "soon" when he says "soon" because we don't know his perception of time.

Your argument is that the Bible is meaningless. But, that reflects ignorance of the purpose of language, to communicate meaning. God would't say "soon" by his understanding, but buy what we would understand the word to mean.

To compound the stupidity of your argument, "soon" is meaningless to God (the place where you think it has meaning). Not only is a thousand years as a day to God, and a day as a thousand years, but trillion years is as a day and a day is as a trillion years. God is outside of time.

And, again, a point that seems totally over your head, Peter was not addressing the meaning of "soon" when he made the thousands-years-as-a-day comment. He was addressing God's patience.

1. We shouldn't assume soon is by our time and not his time. Obviously soon by our time hasn't happened so what other conculsion is there for a believer? By past history of the 400 years the Israelites waited to be freed from slavery we can see it's probably ment on his time and not ours. God is not a man that he should lie.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Numbers 23:18-20 (in Context) Numbers 23 (Whole Chapter)

2.Again please quote me where I said "Your argument is that the Bible is meaningless" If you want to argue that point look in the mirror and have at it cause YOU said it, I didn't.

3.Why would God use soon in his meaning and not ours? Why not? What made us think it was our time? Every nation had to be preached too. Scripture makes it clear as I have pointed out people would grow weary of waiting, does that sound like it's soon our time? The only reason it's not going to take even longer is because of the elect. With the vast amount of things that needed to be fufilled how could it be soon our time. Never the less we are to be ready at all times as if Christ is coming back any minute because nobody knows the day or the hour of Christs return.

4. And Peter told you that it was ment only as a reference to Gods Patience and not how God percieves time. Why can't it be both?

The Bible told us people like you would come along.....

2 Peter 3:3-4 states

3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Mockers and Scoffers in the end times - Rick Warren and Seeker Sensitive - Zimbio

You can believe whatever you like. That is up to you. I will continue to believe that religion is foolishness and go about my business in bliss. I do not desire to visit the twilight zone of false belief and dogma.

Just took a dump, and a load it was in the bowl. I swear I see Jesus face on the toilet paper after a good wipe. I swear, I do! I’m calling a plumber to have the bowl removed and placed in the public park, so all can come by and pray to the holy peace of shit on the dirty wiped TP!

This called to mind a fool proof method I developed as a kid for reading the Bible cover to cover. The idea was to combine my reading sessions with some mundane but necessary daily activity. So, naturally, I chose taking a shit. I set the bar low, see (no more than 3 pages per sitting), and then I ripped out and wiped my ass with the pages as I went. Using this method, I never lost my place, nor was I ever tempted to cut my readings short (believe me, it took at least 3 of those super thin pages with the gilded edges to get the job done.). At a rate of one dump per day/3 pages per dump, I managed to get through the entire Bible in less than a year-and-a-half.

This called to mind a fool proof method I developed as a kid for reading the Bible cover to cover. The idea was to combine my reading sessions with some mundane but necessary daily activity. So, naturally, I chose taking a shit. I set the bar low, see (no more than 3 pages per sitting), and then I ripped out and wiped my ass with the pages as I went. Using this method, I never lost my place, nor was I ever tempted to cut my readings short (believe me, it took at least 3 of those super thin pages with the gilded edges to get the job done.). At a rate of one dump per day/3 pages per dump, I managed to get through the entire Bible in less than a year-and-a-half.
You both are idiots.

I am still trying to figure out how 2000 years is "soon"

The same God considered roaming a desert for 40 years too long for his beloved people. But 2000(plus plus plus) years for the Christians is not soon enough!

To answer your question:2 Peter 3:8
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
2 Peter 3:7-9 (in Context) 2 Peter 3 (Whole Chapter)

So it's only been 2 days and about 12 seconds by Gods watch.

The 40 years was so all those who had been unfaithful to God could die off.

Numbers 14: 26 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron: 27 “How long will this wicked community grumble against me? I have heard the complaints of these grumbling Israelites. 28 So tell them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the LORD, I will do to you the very thing I heard you say: 29 In this wilderness your bodies will fall—every one of you twenty years old or more who was counted in the census and who has grumbled against me. 30 Not one of you will enter the land I swore with uplifted hand to make your home, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun. 31 As for your children that you said would be taken as plunder, I will bring them in to enjoy the land you have rejected. 32 But as for you, your bodies will fall in this wilderness. 33 Your children will be shepherds here for forty years, suffering for your unfaithfulness, until the last of your bodies lies in the wilderness.

Hold it.

According to Genesis, the God of Abraham created the day and set it to 24 hours.

Now, why would god create a day and set it for 24 hours while possessing a different notion of time for a day. This notion of "a day is a thousand years and a thousand years is a day" is a concept proposed by the authors of the book you are referencing to. You need evidence from the Jewish text to make the case for day being of different length from which God proscribed the day to make a compelling argument.

The reason is simple enough--Peter may not be trustworthy. Peter station in the frame of spirituality is not different from Judas, For Peter also betrayed Jesus at least 3 times before Jesus was crucified.

Given this problem about Peter's conviction while he walked with Jesus, and the fact that Peter cried instead of Repenting tend to suggest Peter is not one to trust on such details.(Recall, even Judas repented for betraying Christ!) If Peter is willing to betray Christ, why would he not mislead you?

Last edited:
How soon is ....soon? You radical agnostics know what is going on even if you pretend to be stupid. People weren't afraid to display their religious beliefs at one time. Times have changed and now a kid could be kicked out of school if a search of his backpack revealed a Bible.

There are Bibles in public school libraries.
Anyone can bring a Bible to a public school and pray to themselves all they want.
All day, everyday.
What you can not do is force your prayers on other students to recite.
Why do you want to force others to recite your prayers if your faith is so strong with your own religion?

You touched on the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Yeah there are Bibles in some school libraries if they haven't all been banned by now. The phrase "pray to themselves all they want" is interesting. They tried for a moment of silence in Va. public schools and the ACLU had a cow about it. The Bible is banned and kids can't even have Bible studies in a club on school grounds after school although witchcraft is freely displayed and practiced. Kids can't wear a Crucifix or any symbol of Christianity although schools have allowed muslem garb and forced kids to study the Koran.

Wrong and Wrong.
Wrong.
ACLU fights ORGANIZED mandated religous prayers given and promoted by the school.
Everytime a municipality or city passes street ordinances banning street preaching guess who always takes the cases and wins fighting for the rights of street preachers.
ACLU.
Who hired the ACLU to fight the state of Virgina to be able to incorporate their church?
Jerry Falwell.
I do not agree with a lot of what the ACLU does but they do more to protect religous freedom than the right wing kook fringe media ever tells.
An organized moment of silence is organized, banned.If the kids organized it during lunch it is okay.
Why do you folks want to force schools to have prayer?
Don't your kids get enough prayer at home, at night, on weekends and in church?
NOT the responsibility of mine to make sure your kids get to force government organized prayer anywhere.
My family's religous beliefs and convictions are so strong we do not need it.
Amazes me why anyone does.

Wrong and Wrong.
Wrong.
ACLU fights ORGANIZED mandated religous prayers given and promoted by the school.
Everytime a municipality or city passes street ordinances banning street preaching guess who always takes the cases and wins fighting for the rights of street preachers.
ACLU.
Who hired the ACLU to fight the state of Virgina to be able to incorporate their church?
Jerry Falwell.
I do not agree with a lot of what the ACLU does but they do more to protect religous freedom than the right wing kook fringe media ever tells.
An organized moment of silence is organized, banned.If the kids organized it during lunch it is okay.
Why do you folks want to force schools to have prayer?
Don't your kids get enough prayer at home, at night, on weekends and in church?
NOT the responsibility of mine to make sure your kids get to force government organized prayer anywhere.
My family's religous beliefs and convictions are so strong we do not need it.
Amazes me why anyone does.

:thup:

When I was a kid, no one led prayers in my classroom. My mom and dad, and especially my grandma made a point of leading me in prayer at night, and teaching me to pray on my own as i got older.

If you raise your kids to pray, they'll pray. If you don't, they won't. The school is irrelevant in their personal walk with god.

Last edited:
...personally, I find it interesting when conservative Christians want to abdicate their responsibility to teach their kids to pray to a government agency (the local schools).

That doesn't seem very conservative, to me.

I am still trying to figure out how 2000 years is "soon"

The same God considered roaming a desert for 40 years too long for his beloved people. But 2000(plus plus plus) years for the Christians is not soon enough!

:eusa_shhh:

Maths is not his strong point...:lol:

You know.........The History Channel (or maybe it's H2) has a series they run every now and again about the end of the world in a thing they call the Nostradamus Effect, and in there they go over ever "end of the world" scenario they can come up with.

Did you know that back in the late 1990's there was a program that was designed called "webbot" which was created to discern trends in the stock market? It's also shown that it predicted 9/11 as well, and interestingly enough, ends on Dec 21st, 2012, and is flatlined for 6 months before starting a new cycle.

Ther was also a mathematician who charted the I Ching (a Chinese oracle using coins), and found mathematical correlations between all the large events in history and spikes on the graph. It also ends on Dec 21st, 2012.

The Mayan Calendar states that the world as we currently know it will end on Dec 21st, 2012 at 11:00 am EST.

There's also the astrological fact that our solar system is crossing the Great Rift of the Milky Way galaxy this year.

Interestingly enough, there have also been things that some would call Biblical signs in the form of avian bird flu, H5N1, the various wars going on, the multitude of false prophets, the earth shaking, great destruction going on, etc.

So.............wonder if Dec 21st, 2012 is when Yeshua is coming back?

Forum List

Back