Sicko blinds herself and calls it Dream Come True

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I poured drain cleaner in my eyes to blind myself

For most people, going blind is their worst nightmare, but for this North Carolina woman it was a dream come true.

Jewel Shuping, 30, was so desperate to be blind that she poured draining cleaner in her baby blues to wipe out her eyesight — and she couldn’t be happier.

She suffers from an illness called body integrity identity disorder (BIID) — a disease that causes able-bodied people to strongly desire a disability.

“I really feel this is the way I was supposed to be born, that I should have been blind from birth,” Shuping told Barcroft Media.

:cuckoo:

I would call this a case of Munchausen's.

By the time Shuping turned 21, the idea of being blind was “a non-stop alarm that was going off” and she sought the help of a sympathetic psychologist to help her carry out her ultimate desire in 2006.

The psychologist gave her eye-numbing drops before sprinkling a few droplets of drain cleaner into each pupil.

“It hurt, let me tell you. My eyes were screaming and I had some drain cleaner going down my cheek burning my skin,” she said.

“But all I could think was, ‘I am going blind, it is going to be okay.”

By the time Shuping turned 21, the idea of being blind was “a non-stop alarm that was going off” and she sought the help of a sympathetic psychologist to help her carry out her ultimate desire in 2006.

The psychologist gave her eye-numbing drops before sprinkling a few droplets of drain cleaner into each pupil.

“It hurt, let me tell you. My eyes were screaming and I had some drain cleaner going down my cheek burning my skin,” she said.

“But all I could think was, ‘I am going blind, it is going to be okay.”

duh fuck??? A psychologist HELPED her?

Will she get government funds now that she is truly disabled...by her own desires?
Instead of blinding her, her ....cough....psychologist should have had her committed.

Her body did not match her brain, so she changed her body.

Perfectly normal, perfectly sane, very reasonable. I mean, of course it was her body that was 'wrong' not her 'brain' ... right?

Weapons Grade Stupid, and enabled by a criminally insane "professor" of clinical pseudoscience at Columbia University.

If only someone explained to her that she was actually retarded and already handicapped, she may have seen clearly.

Will she get government funds now that she is truly disabled...by her own desires?
Instead of blinding her, her ....cough....psychologist should have had her committed.

The "psychologist" should be in prison for malpractice, gross negligence and aggravated malicious assault of the handicapped.

^^^ Amen to this. The woman is nuts!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's stuff like this, that makes me think the whole demon possession and stuff in the Bible is still going. Seriously, how else do you explain this? She heavily damaged herself, and she's happy. "she's nuts"? I've met nutty people that don't think that way. That's a little beyond just 'nuts'.

It's stuff like this, that makes me think the whole demon possession and stuff in the Bible is still going. Seriously, how else do you explain this? She heavily damaged herself, and she's happy. "she's nuts"? I've met nutty people that don't think that way. That's a little beyond just 'nuts'.

What's worse IMO is that she knew something was wrong, and some sick sociopath with a pedigree in pseudo-intellectual bullshit and whatever other credential convinced her that burning her eyes out was anything more that a stupid thing to do.

That asshole belongs on a prison bunk and this is what the rest of his life should look like:

donald-trump-rape-south-park.gif

What's worse IMO is that she knew something was wrong, and some sick sociopath with a pedigree in pseudo-intellectual bullshit and whatever other credential convinced her that burning her eyes out was anything more that a stupid thing to do.
This ^

I didn't check further, but is this asshole still in practice???

This ^

I didn't check further, but is this asshole still in practice???

He's still free and preying on stupid people as far as I know.

Now that I'm interested I'll look it up.

Sick fuck belongs in prison. You though globabble whining was bullshit pseudoscience?

Get a load of this asshole.

First earned a bachelor's degree from Princeton University in 1978. He then graduated from University of Pittsburgh with a Master's Degree and a Doctor of Medicine degree in 1983. He did his psychiatric residency at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center and a fellowship in biometrics at the New York State Psychiatric Institute. He is certified with the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology.

First frequently writes on diagnostic criteria, particularly diagnostic controversies. He has written on several of these controversies, including depression,[2] eating disorders,[3] and desire for amputation or paralysis, calling it body integrity identity disorder.[4]

He has provided expert opinion and testimony on several high-profile cases, including the federal trial of the accused Al Qaeda terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui.[5] First co-authored Am I Okay?: A Layman's Guide to the Psychiatrist's Bible with psychiatrist Allen Frances.[6]

Our eyesight can be a powerful strength... but for most people, it is also one of their greatest weaknesses.

It was this woman's choice to sacrifice her eyesight. Tis her body, her eyes. There is nothing "wrong" with what she did. I completely support her decision, even though as an artist and a pagan I would never to that to myself. I have performed certain rituals, however, that called for induced blindness for three to seven days (via a blindfold) as part of various types of training. They are interesting experiences from which a great deal might be learnt but if it was ever permanent, no doubt I would not be able to fulfill many of my own goals and dreams.

Sick fuck belongs in prison. You though globabble whining was bullshit pseudoscience?

Get a load of this asshole.

First earned a bachelor's degree from Princeton University in 1978. He then graduated from University of Pittsburgh with a Master's Degree and a Doctor of Medicine degree in 1983. He did his psychiatric residency at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center and a fellowship in biometrics at the New York State Psychiatric Institute. He is certified with the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology.

First frequently writes on diagnostic criteria, particularly diagnostic controversies. He has written on several of these controversies, including depression,[2] eating disorders,[3] and desire for amputation or paralysis, calling it body integrity identity disorder.[4]

He has provided expert opinion and testimony on several high-profile cases, including the federal trial of the accused Al Qaeda terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui.[5] First co-authored Am I Okay?: A Layman's Guide to the Psychiatrist's Bible with psychiatrist Allen Frances.[6]
The fuck???? So, if a mental patient wants their dream to come true in murdering someone, he is going to help? Why is this fuck not in jail???

bour·geois
bo͝orˈZHwä,ˈbo͝orZHwä/
adjective
  1. 1.
    of or characteristic of the middle class, typically with reference to its perceived materialistic values or conventional attitudes.

Remember, liberals have no ethics, no standards, no morals. They're the first to point out when the bourgeois fail to live up to standards higher than the bourgeois established for themselves, but the liberal is free deviate from, marginalize, ridicule and undermine the bourgeois standards. Questioning the ethics, standards, morals, patriotism, credibility or intelligence of liberals is an affront to humanity and a display of bigotry, racism and jingoism most foul.

That's how they get away with criminal insanity, because people are too afraid to be called racists, bigots, or jingoists.

I poured drain cleaner in my eyes to blind myself

For most people, going blind is their worst nightmare, but for this North Carolina woman it was a dream come true.

Jewel Shuping, 30, was so desperate to be blind that she poured draining cleaner in her baby blues to wipe out her eyesight — and she couldn’t be happier.

She suffers from an illness called body integrity identity disorder (BIID) — a disease that causes able-bodied people to strongly desire a disability.

“I really feel this is the way I was supposed to be born, that I should have been blind from birth,” Shuping told Barcroft Media.

I would call this a case of Munchausen's.

Sounds like 'cutters' who castrate themselves. And not in the chemical temporary way.

Not unknown people who disfigure themselves for whatever reason. See it in religious practices too as with castration. When you think about it, so much of our inetractions with other people are based on being able to see them as with prejudices, classism, etc. If everybody you interacted with was only known by their voice, maybe their scent, but not how their hair looks, what color their skin is, things would be very different.

Think she coulda gone another way though, a temporary way like. As with school experiments where people get around in a wheelchair for a weekend or wear a blindfold.

Forum List

Back