Sibling Rivalry

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Did you have a sibling you just didn't get along with or butted heads with all the time?

For me it was my sister, she was 6 years older so I was at a disadvantage but, that never stopped me.

Our battles were epic and included kicking, screaming and kitchen knives!

Just one sibling. An older brother who adore me until he got in trouble over something that was really not his fault. It was like all out war on me after that. Even today poor guy has mixed feelings on it all.

I have an older sister and a half younger sister and I don't have anything to do with either one of them due to circumstances that are beyond my control.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My older sister is 40, I am 33 and my younger sister is 14.

Did you have a sibling you just didn't get along with or butted heads with all the time?

For me it was my sister, she was 6 years older so I was at a disadvantage but, that never stopped me.

Now that we don't live together any more my brother and I get along great. :)

Just one sibling. An older brother who adore me until he got in trouble over something that was really not his fault. It was like all out war on me after that. Even today poor guy has mixed feelings on it all.

Hmmm too bad.

I got in trouble for stuff my older brother and sister did all the time... they'd just blame me if something broke or went wrong, cause I was too young and scared to defend myself.

As we got older, brother was my friend, but my boss ass sister, ugh... love her now though :)

I have an older sister and a half younger sister and I don't have anything to do with either one of them due to circumstances that are beyond my control.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Do you WANT to see them?

Hmmm too bad.

I got in trouble for stuff my older brother and sister did all the time... they'd just blame me if something broke or went wrong, cause I was too young and scared to defend myself.

As we got older, brother was my friend, but my boss ass sister, ugh... love her now though :)
Every family is different and we all have things to overcome here in this world. Things always seem to come around in time. My mom always wanting to keep brother out of trouble would simply blame it on me figuring dad would not get angry with me, daughter son thing I suppose. In his last days though he was a bugger about that part. He reminded her daily of it all saying, "...... did it". She finally said to him, "Shut the F... up".
My brother went to work for me for awhile but it did not work out. Neither of held any resentment over that part he just simply could not handle the pressure of the job.

My children were opposite older sis... younger bro.... the older always working the younger when they were not exactly doing as they should be. She'd really get aggravated at him when he would just spill the beans on whatever it was they may have done.

Hmmm too bad.

Me2

There were seven of us LOL. But my first older brother was the worst and there was a time when we did not get along at all. I once threatened to stab him in the head with a fork. :lol:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Do you WANT to see them?
My older sister has not wanted anything more to do with my mom and me for over six years now and since my younger sister has been raised by my dad, she is probably just as messed up as he is, so I guess that my answer to your question is "No.".

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My dad is reason why this family drama even existed in the first place. Does he care what his choice of action did to the family? No.

Most sibling rivalry is a result of...

... competitive engendering parents.
It can have a lot to do with varying things, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents all can play a part in how siblings end up interacting with one another. i.e. A favorite child can have a grand or a great that adores that child but does not have the opportunity to continue with that if circumstances change for the child's family. Once those circumstances change the child has to adjust and every change effects the child dramatically more than it does the adults.

My older sibling and I have talked twice in the last 5 years.

I really don't like her much at all.

She has great kids though.

My older sibling and I have talked twice in the last 5 years.

I really don't like her much at all.

She has great kids though.

What don't you like about her? Or is it just a personality clash?

Family is the opportunity to associate with...

... people you wouldn't otherwise...

... have anything to do with.

I'm pretty sure I was switched at birth. I can not relate to most of my family - it's very awkward being around them.... I feel more at home amongst strangers....

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Do you WANT to see them?
My older sister has not wanted anything more to do with my mom and me for over six years now and since my younger sister has been raised by my dad, she is probably just as messed up as he is, so I guess that my answer to your question is "No.".

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My dad is reason why this family drama even existed in the first place. Does he care what his choice of action did to the family? No.

Understood. My Dad picked up and started a new family. He did "obligatory" visits with us in the Summer (we always had to go to HIM) - and it was only 1 week out of the year.

My brother and sister worshipped him. I like his new wife, but, he was a terrible father. He should have just bowed out completely. He did the bare minimum to ease his conscience.

I have always felt this way, he's dead (has been for several years) and my feelings haven't changed.

Probably not nearly the situation you were in, but, still, a loser father.

Forum List

Back