Shutting down public lands...

Seems they are concerned that too many visitors are making a mess of it..............unruly folks might be a problem.

Idk.

Seems they are concerned that too many visitors are making a mess of it..............unruly folks might be a problem.

Idk.

They are concerned that Americans who own it might actually benefit from it.

The only mess that has been made of our public lands has been by the yahoos who are supposedly *managing* them.

Idk.

They are concerned that Americans who own it might actually benefit from it.

The only mess that has been made of our public lands has been by the yahoos who are supposedly *managing* them.
I have no respect for the BLM...........they have screwed with Americans many times........especially in water management. Wet lands.........

Don't know the motivation in this one.......only reading.........Turn it over to the state and let the state manage it.

Overuse by those who love wilderness is just as much a threat to it, as corporate vandals who want to dig it up.
Charging more for access is one option, but that favors the wealthy, and promotes the 'I payed for it, I can trash it' attitude.
Restrictions on numbers, and a lottery for allocation of permits is maybe the best compromise.

Overuse by those who love wilderness is just as much a threat to it, as corporate vandals who want to dig it up.
Charging more for access is one option, but that favors the wealthy, and promotes the 'I payed for it, I can trash it' attitude.
Restrictions on numbers, and a lottery for allocation of permits is maybe the best compromise.

We shouldn't have to pay ANYTHING for it. We're already taxed to *manage* it.

The best thing for public lands would be to remove the crapphatted assheads who stomp around in full tactical gear, armed, driving their fancy government vehicles, doing stupid ass shit like planting non-native, invasive animals and plants and destroying flora and fauna for the express purpose of preventing access to the lands WE own..while shooting, imprisoning, fining, and chasing off the people who actually DO care for the land, who actually know how to manage it, and who live there.

The morons who *manage* these lands have destroyed far more than any private owners and locals have ever destroyed. I've lived in these *protected* areas. They were vibrant and healthy...before they got *protected*. *Protected* just means that the land is held in trust for IMPORTANT and MONIED people. Visitors who have time and money. Meanwhile, the people who actually live there, who were the ones who managed the resources so well that everybody wants some now, are penalized, their economy and culture destroyed...they are told to "adapt or leave". They did adapt..they adapted when the feds told them that they would have a booming tourist economy if they would just agree to shut down the forests....and of course it was a lie. Today's rural resident occupies the same position that yesterday's Indian did. The feds continue doing the same thing they always have done..and supposedly *enlightened* city dwellers continue to facilitate it, based on the presumption that the locals don't *deserve* to have the benefit of the land. Nothing has changed.

Anytime something is free it will be abused by people...some folks that stay on BLM land because of it's affordability are also unfortunately the same folks that do not have respect for the land and they will trash it....Arizona sends work crews out to the BLM lands that are popular and spend days cleaning up garbage...We have to put barbed wire fencing around monuments and other structures to keep them from being sprayed with graffiti....some people are pigs....they ruin it for everyone else so if they have to raise the cost of camping and using BLM land you can blame the pigs among us...

Anytime something is free it will be abused by people...some folks that stay on BLM land because of it's affordability are also unfortunately the same folks that do not have respect for the land and they will trash it....Arizona sends work crews out to the BLM lands that are popular and spend days cleaning up garbage...We have to put barbed wire fencing around monuments and other structures to keep them from being sprayed with graffiti....some people are pigs....they ruin it for everyone else so if they have to raise the cost of camping and using BLM land you can blame the pigs among us...

It isn't FREE. We OWN it. We pay for the upkeep with our taxes.

And the areas in Central Oregon that they are talking about are NOT being destroyed, except by the excessive number of forest service/blm and odfw vehicles that are constantly racing around. Reduce the BLM/USFS/and the ODFW by about 9/10 and suddenly our wild places will become wild again. Get rid of those pigs.

It isn't FREE. We OWN it. We pay for the upkeep with our taxes.

And the areas in Central Oregon that they are talking about are NOT being destroyed, except by the excessive number of forest service/blm and odfw vehicles that are constantly racing around. Reduce the BLM/USFS/and the ODFW by about 9/10 and suddenly our wild places will become wild again. Get rid of those pigs.
Well I can only speak for California and Arizona lands.... many of the most frequented areas are filled with trash left behind from some of the so called campers and someone has to clean it up...I do know many of the best campgrounds in Washington state are being shutdown because the leaders of the state don't want to maintain them any longer and that is only going to put more pressure on BLM land for recreation and camping....

Forum List

Back