Shutdown, a poor soap opera with hammy actors!

nicolondon

Oct 1, 2013
London
This current shutdown does look like one of those awful day time soaps with ham actors and bizarre plotlines!

We have Nancy Peloisi, all pulled and tucked, how does her mouth move?

Boehner looks like he's been on the tanning bed for too long and has downed too many tequila slammers!

Mitch McConnell, oh dear time for retirement in Florida!

Harry Reid, how did he last this long in politics, oh I forgot he's a Mormon, no drinking or smoking , I mean what else is there to do to pass the time but continue to haunt the Senate!

And then theres Obama, nice suits but stop being so calm this is the shutdown Soap opera, how about a few tirades and tantrums, enough of this stiff approach!

So where does the plot go from here, well as an observer from here in the UK this isn't going to end well for the GOP unless they change tactics. My advice for them is this, call a meeting with the TP members and outline a different strategy, give Obama his debt ceiling raise pronto, no strings attached, this shows a big compromise but hold out on the shutdown but go with the we've met the Democrats halfway mantra.

If the GOP try and tie the two together then they lose because although you might get a few shugs from much of the public now with the government shutdown, a default is not a laughing matter and this is where the polls could move overwhelmingly against the GOP.

It would be politically impossible to force Obamas hand on the debt ceiling if they try and tie parts of the ACA to that whilst the government is still shut down, but giving him that debt ceiling raise would back him into a corner.

Lets bear in mind that alot of politicians have alot of money to lose with a default and also what Wall Street wants it gets.

Of course here in Europe most people think the GOP are a bit nuts and of course I hope they continue to use poor tactics and blow it, but putting my impartial head on I think they could play a stronger hand.

obama wants a default. He thinks a default would bring a permanent end to republicans leaving one party rule forever. He's following the Cloward Piven strategy which says that the economy needs to completely crash before complete communism can be implemented. The whole system must be overwhelmed until it breaks. obama is doing it at both ends, put a majority on public benefits, admit thousands of poor immigrants to further burden the system, and on the other end, cripple the financial ability of the government to function.

Forum List

Back