Shut Off at Applebee's

WTF

My wife and I went to visit family over the weekend. Now they are both reformed alcoholics so we don't drink at their house. We stayed in a hotel right next to the Local Applebee's and stopped in for a few cocktails one night before heading up to our room.

I was shut off after 3 weak kneed Jack and Cokes because it's their policy not to serve more than 3 drinks if you don't order food.

I have never been shut off at a bar before and it seems fucking stupid to get shut off and not even have a buzz

More of the Nanny State mentality at work I guess
Probably had a lawsuit in that state at one time that businesses don't even want to get close to repeating.

Once again I repeat myself
I wasn't driving, I even showed the bartender my room key for the hotel that you could see out of the window I was sitting by.

But your argument falls short because if I had ordered a side of fries and left them on the bar untouched we could have had many more drinks

They don't know if you're being honest about where you're staying and I tend to doubt that leaving the fries next to you uneaten would have solved the issue.

I can't speak for other areas of the country, but New England bars and restaurants are really starting to clamp down on overserving alcohol. More than a few have been successfully sued for the actions of people after leaving and they don't want the liability.

One place is apparently going so far as to look at limiting the number of drinks a seat can have by time as well as total number.
Yeah I just happen to have hotel key cards from many different hotels in my wallet just so I can dupe a bartender

WTF

My wife and I went to visit family over the weekend. Now they are both reformed alcoholics so we don't drink at their house. We stayed in a hotel right next to the Local Applebee's and stopped in for a few cocktails one night before heading up to our room.

I was shut off after 3 weak kneed Jack and Cokes because it's their policy not to serve more than 3 drinks if you don't order food.

I have never been shut off at a bar before and it seems fucking stupid to get shut off and not even have a buzz

Probably had a lawsuit in that state at one time that businesses don't even want to get close to repeating.
Like I said if I had ordered some fries I would have been able to order many more drinks than the one more I wanted

I get why such a limit is placed on the adult beverages. For one thing, I highly doubt that the bar was meant to be the main focus of the place. Yes, a bar is in there, but the majority of the place's menu consists of the food and not the drinks and with kids being allowed to eat there, that too I am sure is another reason why a limit is placed on how much liquor can be served to a person.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
but if we had ordered say an order of fries and didn't eat any we could have stayed at the bar and would have been served more drinks than the one more round I asked for

It's a stupid policy that is not meant to curb drinking at the bar
Then...don't go to Applebees anymore. Problem solved.

I get why such a limit is placed on the adult beverages. For one thing, I highly doubt that the bar was meant to be the main focus of the place. Yes, a bar is in there, but the majority of the place's menu consists of the food and not the drinks and with kids being allowed to eat there, that too I am sure is another reason why a limit is placed on how much liquor can be served to a person.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
but if we had ordered say an order of fries and didn't eat any we could have stayed at the bar and would have been served more drinks than the one more round I asked for

Jesus H Fucking Christ how many times in this thread do I have to tell you people why we were at Applebees ?
It was purely for convenience Shit there's an Applebees not too far from me that I have never step foot in

I'm trying to comment on idiotic policies here but I guess that's all going right over your heads

They are trying to protect themselves from being sued for over-serving a guest who then goes out and kills someone with their car.

Whether you like it or not, you have to see their side of it.

Once again I repeat myself
I wasn't driving, I even showed the bartender my room key for the hotel that you could see out of the window I was sitting by.

But your argument falls short because if I had ordered a side of fries and left them on the bar untouched we could have had many more drinks
So they are supposed to believe you are Honest Abe? If you don't like their policy don't go to Applebees. Problem solved.
Well, Idiot, the policy isn't posted anywhere in the restaurant so how was I supposed to know what the policy was?
Well idiot, they told you so now you know. Your harm was you couldn't consume enough alcohol? Go sue them and get back to us.

Yeah I just happen to have hotel key cards from many different hotels in my wallet just so I can dupe a bartender

They're far more interested in the potential 2 million dollar liability judgement against them than in the $150 they're gonna lose on your bar bill to take the chance.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Jesus H Fucking Christ how many times in this thread do I have to tell you people why we were at Applebees ?
It was purely for convenience Shit there's an Applebees not too far from me that I have never step foot in

I'm trying to comment on idiotic policies here but I guess that's all going right over your heads
Nah, ya wanted to bitch and complain, elicit some commiseration and possibly "righteous indignation" from fellow lushes and it backfired on ya.
Now that you know you can't get blottoed at Applebees you won't make the mistake of going back, live and learn.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Nah, ya wanted to bitch and complain, elicit some commiseration and possibly "righteous indignation" from fellow lushes and it backfired on ya.
Now that you know you can't get blottoed at Applebees you won't make the mistake of going back, live and learn.
I never get "blotto" anywhere

I have this thing called self control which you obviously lack since you need someone to tell you when you've had enough to drink

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I have this thing called self control which you obviously lack since you need someone to tell you when you've had enough to drink
Ahhhhh, poor baby, did I strike a nerve.......? :lol:

not on your best day, Corky

WTF

You need help. Admit it and begin.
help for what?

Your alcoholism.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You needed Applebee's to tell you.

not on your best day, Corky
Obviously I did...... :lol:

WTF

You need help. Admit it and begin.
help for what?

Your alcoholism.
Really? How do you know how much alcohol I consume?

You needed Applebee's to tell you.

You obviously cannot read for comprehension

Forum List

Back