shut it all down

If the GOP insists on payng the present game, the President should send every Federal Employee, including military home twenty four hours after the vote. Give them what they want, minimum federal government.

It would be amazingly stupid to "shut it down". This time it would affect a range of economic dependencies including the bond market and interest rates.

This might very well happen. But it would cost big.

And so the 'blame game' is played.

While y'all point the finger at the other guy, invest in a mirror, cuz both sides are equally at fault.

Normally, I would tend to agree with you on this. However, it has become evident that no matter what the Dems put on the table, the Republicans aren't budging unless they get exactly what they want. There is no sign of any compromise. The Republicans insist on massive cuts to programs that support the poor and elderly while insisting on keeping and possibly even adding to the tax breaks for higher income earners. It really has become a farce. Now, I'm just waiting for the majority of Americans to figure it out.

Notice how the left calls for cutting and shutting down our military first.

They would rather leave US DEFENSLESS than have to cut their NANNY GUBERMENT.

Defenseless from what? Is anyone suggesting that we stop defending our borders from invasion? You know, China is really a bigger threat to us than Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, and Libya; do you think we should go to war with them in the name of defense?

If the GOP insists on payng the present game, the President should send every Federal Employee, including military home twenty four hours after the vote. Give them what they want, minimum federal government.

It would be amazingly stupid to "shut it down". This time it would affect a range of economic dependencies including the bond market and interest rates.

:eusa_eh:

OMG, it would be scary. My life would be a disaster without government to....

I'm drawing a blank, can you help me here?

The k00ks on here want a government run ecomomy.................

Just wanting to point out that tiny little nugget of information. Unfortuantly for radical k00ks like Shaman and Rocks.............

72% Favor Free Market Economy Over One Managed by the Government - Rasmussen Reports™

How many want a government run ecomomy?

14%

fAiL

LMAO, who the fuck is talking about a government run economy? I guess since you buy into that bullshit, then I should buy into the idea that anyone who wants limited government wants complete anarchy. Damn, you guys want to get rid of the police, firemen, teachers, and any public worker. Damn you guys are idiots.

"To provide for the common defense" is the first (some would say only) requirement of the federal government. Leave it to the left to suggest keeping a thousand bloated bureaucracies while laying off the Military. Why don't democrats cave in and maybe try to live within a balanced budget?

Yea, pulling our military out of half the countries on this planet can definitely be equated to no longer providing for the common defense, lmfao. I think we should go to war with China too, since they are such a threat to us. How about Russia, they have tons of oil and natural resources. Maybe we should go to war with them too since they too are a threat to our common defense. Just think, if we get rid of SS, Medicare, Medicaid, and every other social program, then maybe we'll have the money to go to war with every fucking country on the planet.

"To provide for the common defense" is the first (some would say only) requirement of the federal government. Leave it to the left to suggest keeping a thousand bloated bureaucracies while laying off the Military. Why don't democrats cave in and maybe try to live within a balanced budget?

Ahh,..........what's "Common Defense?" Is that like stay on American soil and defend it?

No, not at all. It means we should be at war with every country on the planet.

The Republicans insist on massive cuts to programs that support the poor and elderly while insisting on keeping and possibly even adding to the tax breaks for higher income earners

Cutting a budget that is driving our national debt up by trillions and not raising taxes in the middle of a deep recession. Wow you're right, the Republicans are whacked....

Shut it down and watch unemployment hit 30% plus. You would be effected and you'd be shitting bricks.

Shutting down the federal govt is, imho, a good idea.

It simply won't happen. Both of the corrupt parties - the 'r's' and the 'd's' will do everything in their power to prevent a govt shutdown. It will be the one thing they will work together on.

The reason: If the government is allowed to shutdown a lot of people will figure out that they not only have no need for the federal government, but that life is better without it.

Our so-called leaders will do everything in their power to prevent a govt shutdown and preserve their jobs.

Shut it down and watch unemployment hit 30% plus. You would be effected and you'd be shitting bricks.

So laying off Federal Government workers will drive unemployment from 10% to 30%? And you don't think government is bloated? You just proved it is.

As for shitting bricks, how is my no longer paying for 20% of the workforce (your stat) to not produce any economic benefit going to harm me exactly? You're going to have to be more specific on that one.

Last edited:
If the Repub's don't cave, Obama will simply send out letters to social security recipients explaining why they won't recieve their checks ;) All the seniors will then vote democratic in the next election. Thanks Repub's ;)

Shutting down the federal govt is, imho, a good idea.

It simply won't happen. Both of the corrupt parties - the 'r's' and the 'd's' will do everything in their power to prevent a govt shutdown. It will be the one thing they will work together on.

The reason: If the government is allowed to shutdown a lot of people will figure out that they not only have no need for the federal government, but that life is better without it.

Our so-called leaders will do everything in their power to prevent a govt shutdown and preserve their jobs.

They'd better hurry up.. It is the Rs dragging their feet, btw.

So laying off Federal Government workers will drive unemployment from 10% to 30%? And you don't think government is bloated? You just proved it is.

As for shitting bricks, how is my no longer paying for 20% of the workforce (your stat) to not produce any economic benefit going to harm me exactly? You're going to have to be more specific on that one.
:lol:

You guys are the first to complain when government services break down.

The VERY first.

:lol:

You guys are the first to complain when government services break down.

The VERY first.

Thats the truth:

New Republican Congressman Peeved About His 28-Day Wait for Healthcare Coverage | Alter Inspire

With millions of Americans poised to get health care coverage when the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act takes full effect in 2014, pity the plight of Andy Harris (R-MD), an incoming Congressman who will represent Maryland’s Eastern Shore in the 112th Congress. Harris, an anesthesiologist who ran on a platform supporting the repeal of the healthcare reform law, was shocked when he learned that his taxpayer-funded, government-run healthcare plan won’t take effect until 28 days after he is sworn into office on January 3.
:clap2:

Last edited:

This reminds me of the time when doctors in Israeli went on strike and people stopped dying

Notice how the left calls for cutting and shutting down our military first.

They would rather leave US DEFENSLESS than have to cut their NANNY GUBERMENT.

Essential employees would not be furloughed. Its a matter paycheck delay and disruption of services.

I don't want government to shut down. But I also oppose this ridiculous budget.

No problem.. and then due to lack of funds we could rid ourselves of the union leeches as well.

Hmm, we could rid ourselves of the slob individual scabs instead. You know, anti-worker parasites who oppose workers rights, will work for food & no benefits. That you Jones?:eusa_angel:

lol........the union mentality is a relic of a former era in 2011. Only the k00ks in the nether-regions of the internet have that sentiment.

Forum List

Back