Shumer: Tax the Millionaires

We need more regulation and higher taxes! It has worked wonders the last few years. Lets keep doing it.

Taxes are high? When did that happen?

Being snarky doesnt make a point. Taxing millionaires will help pay off the debt. Remember that thing called the debt? Whats the matter? Dont care anymore or not enough about the debt?

Your premise is just incorrect. If you took 100% of the so called "wealthy's" money, you'd get around $980,000,000,000. And that's a one shot deal.

Exactly how does that address a $15,000,000,000,000 debt?

Taxes are high? When did that happen?

Btw do the math and you will see it addresses a lot of it. You might say not enough so, you tell me what will address all the debt in one swoop.

Raising taxes on those making $250k wasn't a good idea so Shumer says tax ppl making 1 million or more. Let the GOP oppose that! Ahaha!

If anyone thought that that would actually increase revenues to the government and that those revenues would be used to pay down the debt and not for some hair brained redistribution or so called stimulus, maybe you'd have a chance of getting this through. Increase taxes so you can institute another government program? No fucking way.

So lets see: Republicans are complaining about the poor not paying income tax and that would help get us out of debt but raising taxes on the millionaires wouldnt. Makes total sense

Jon Stewart Highlights Conservative Hypocrisy On 'Class Warfare' (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

John Stewart puts it best

Liar.. what we've said we need is a fairer flat tax.. lower taxes and widen the base. there is nothing fair about 50% of us being taxed to death and the other 50% of you leeches whining constantly for more more more.

So lets see: Republicans are complaining about the poor not paying income tax and that would help get us out of debt but raising taxes on the millionaires wouldnt. Makes total sense

Jon Stewart Highlights Conservative Hypocrisy On 'Class Warfare' (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

excuse me.....republicans are not complaining about the poor not paying income taxes.

Republicans are complaining about the democratice rhetoric that those that are making more than 250K need to "pay their fair share".

The point of the poor not paying income taxes (other than FICA) came up only becuase the democrats were saying that the rich dont pay their fair share.

SO the GOP said the poor dont pay anything, so how can you say the rich dont pay their fair share? And it is a valid point.

Now, if Obama had said "the rich pay most of the taxes but we need them to pay more"...then the fact that the poor pay nothing never would have come up.

You are one of those that believe spin.

you are useless Schumer...

chucky.gif

Liar.. what we've said we need is a fairer flat tax.. lower taxes and widen the base. there is nothing fair about 50% of us being taxed to death and the other 50% of you leeches whining constantly for more more more.
Right because the video is lying

excuse me.....republicans are not complaining about the poor not paying income taxes.

Republicans are complaining about the democratice rhetoric that those that are making more than 250K need to "pay their fair share".

The point of the poor not paying income taxes (other than FICA) came up only becuase the democrats were saying that the rich dont pay their fair share.

SO the GOP said the poor dont pay anything, so how can you say the rich dont pay their fair share? And it is a valid point.

Now, if Obama had said "the rich pay most of the taxes but we need them to pay more"...then the fact that the poor pay nothing never would have come up.

You are one of those that believe spin.

Right, because the video is lying

The poor don't pay a fair share, they pay nothing. That's not the complaint. The poor don't get a fair share. That's the complaint. No matter what they say, that's the complaint and the very basis for income redistribution.

Raising taxes on those making $250k wasn't a good idea so Shumer says tax ppl making 1 million or more. Let the GOP oppose that! Ahaha!

When he puts his money where his mouth is I will listen

How can I donate money to the government? - Yahoo! Answers

stop lying

what is a lie in my post?

I wont listen to a hypocrite like him. If he was truly for paying more taxes he could, should, and would....since he doesn't he is just blowing hot air.

I wont listen to a hypocrite like him. If he was truly for paying more taxes he could, should, and would....since he doesn't he is just blowing hot air.

How is that fair? Youre being unreasonable and lying. You will only listen if he pays more? Sure I believe you. Also this isnt about voluntarily helping the country get out of debt, so that is where you must confused.

stop lying

How is that fair? Youre being unreasonable and lying. You will only listen if he pays more? Sure I believe you. Also this isnt about voluntarily helping the country get out of debt, so that is where you must confused.

Again where did I lie? Shumer has not paid extra taxes voluntarily like we all can. If he was truly for people paying more to help out he would have paid more since he can.

His behavior shows he is just doing this for political points in my opinion.

I get it if you think my position is unreasonable but I still don't see where I lied like you claim I did.

Again where did I lie? Shumer has not paid extra taxes voluntarily like we all can. If he was truly for people paying more to help out he would have paid more since he can.

I get it if you think my position is unreasonable but I still don't see where I lied like you claim I did.

The lie in your post is the suggestion that you will give raising taxes a chance solely based on the voluntary contributions of Chuck Shumer.

BTW, I cant the wait for the GOP to try and explain why this would be bad for the rest of us. *jobs and small business owners they'll say lol*

Raising taxes on the wealthy isn't going to accomplish anything except make some people feel good.

There aren't enough rich people out there.

If revenue is the game then the middle class is who they should be raising taxes on. There are enough of them to up the revenue.

Won't see that proposed anywhere.

The lie in your post is the suggestion that you will give raising taxes a chance solely based on the voluntary contributions of Chuck Shumer.

BTW, I cant the wait for the GOP to try and explain why this would be bad for the rest of us. *jobs and small business owners they'll say lol*

You obviously haven't read my posts where i say that we need to raise certain taxes along with cutting spending to get out of debt.

You actually lied by saying I was lying :tongue: <-----while that is true I'm not angry with you hence the :tongue:

And I'm not going to listen to some hypocrite political hack like Schumer unless he proves, with actions, he is truly about paying more taxes by doing so.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back