Shouldn't lefties being buying foreign goods?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I've notice that some people on the left has embraced free trade because, by the reasons I've heard, is that closing the borders to trade sounds xenophobic and racist just like closing the borders to immigrants is. If that is the case shouldn't the left be embracing the influx of foreign goods that a nation with no trade barriers would produce? You can change the dominant culture of that nation by replacing the technologies that that nation uses with foreign technologies that they import. My question is shouldn't people on the left who support internationalism, diversity, and multi-culturalism be buying products made in foreign countries? An American would buy Mexican goods and an Brittan would buy American goods. Wouldn't the things that uniquely define characteristics of American, Mexican, and British goods slowly evaporate as these goods are being sold across national boundaries just as much as they are being sold within those nation?

We already see how de-Americanized hollywood movies have became as they attempt to sell their movies to other countries. I haven't seen any movies that celebrate American patriotism as much as they use to. I've also noticed that Japanese cars have lost their japanesness over the years as they try to sell them in America. Even Godzilla movies have became more like big hollywood monster movies like Jurassic Park. The point I'm making is that free-trade might de-nationalize the goods and services companies produce as they make them available to international markets.

Forum List

Back