shoulder holster, IWB hybrid...anyone see this before? any thoughts?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is the idea and it may not be new...I was just tossing ideas around.

on a normal shoulder holster, a right handed would have the gun under the left shoulder. My idea....you keep the holster on a right hand draw under the right arm, but the strap holding the holster is long enough to drop the holster into the waist band, concealing it. if you wear the shoulder holster under your shirt, the pistol would be like an ordinary IWB......but the weight of the gun would be held by the shoulder straps. why do this? so you can carry a full size pistol, inside the waist band, concealed, without having your pants droop. You also wouldn't have to have a heavy gun belt, you could literally wear sweat pants with a Sig p226.... Possibly.

also...you would have a normal draw, not needing to cross draw with all the problems of fanning others as you draw the weapon.

it would also mean no more juggling the weapon when you go to the bathroom.....the pants can drop, and the gun is not effected.....and you just pull the pants up and re tuck the gun IWB....

any thoughts?

How you carry is just about as personal as what you carry. I carry crosswise to the left of my belt buckle. This not only allows me to draw faster I CAN shoot while still in the holster.

I'm with Fury on this one. You have to figure out what works best for you. My normal carry holster is either a Quick Slide or a SOB depending on conditions. Both from Galco and both are pretty old school. They work though!

How you carry is just about as personal as what you carry. I carry crosswise to the left of my belt buckle. This not only allows me to draw faster I CAN shoot while still in the holster.
The ideal situation for CCW is to own more than one gun and more than one means of strapping. Because like shoes, different circumstances call for different types.

Anticipation of certain potential circumstances calls for heavy-duty hardware, which in turn calls for suit-jacket concealment. But for ordinary circumstances, and when summer clothing is appropriate, a light-duty weapon, such as the High-Standard .22 magnum derringer, can be carried in a back pocket like a wallet and is totally inconspicuous.

GunwHolster.jpg

GunAlone.jpg

In addition to the stunning muzzle flash and the shocking roar from a sealed derringer barrel, the .22 magnum hollow-point is a nasty, bone-gouging little bullet at close range -- every bit as effective as a .38.

When I carry a 1911 I wear suspenders under an over-shirt and that lets me take the weight off my belt. I realize most young folks don't want to wear suspenders even when you can't see them.

When I carry a 1911 I wear suspenders under an over-shirt and that lets me take the weight off my belt. I realize most young folks don't want to wear suspenders even when you can't see them.

that is why I think a shoulder holster might work. You wear it under your shirt....the holster is on the draw side but hangs low enough to go into your waist band, concealing it. you would have an inside the waist band holster held by your shoulder, and not your belt. this would let you carry the heaviest pistols without needing heavy leather belts. you could even probably wear sweat pants and not worry about the pistol being full size. another thing I realized...you could use the bathroom without needing to take the pistol out of the holster, or worry about it falling in the floor.

Forum List

Back