Should we send a spy balloon across China?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Turnabout is fair play, right? Why wouldn't we do that? It wouldn't make it across their country of course, but we would learn things like how and when they respond and take it down. Oh wait! Master Xi would be very angry at China Joe so that will never happen. Forget I mentioned it.

Turnabout is fair play, right? Why wouldn't we do that? It wouldn't make it across their country of course, but we would learn things like how and when they respond and take it down. Oh wait! Master Xi would be very angry at China Joe so that will never happen. Forget I mentioned it.
What makes you think we haven't, or a high altitude overflight recon or a coastal run by a 737, a civilian registration number N712JM, which is a bit odd for an aircraft owned by the United States Air Force? We are as good or better than anybody in the game. When we do it right, nobody knows.., ever.

What makes you think we haven't, or a high altitude overflight recon or a coastal run by a 737, a civilian registration number N712JM, which is a bit odd for an aircraft owned by the United States Air Force? We are as good or better than anybody in the game. When we do it right, nobody knows.., ever.
I know very well what our capabilities are. What is in doubt is our willingness to USE them.

I say we should round up all the fentanyl pills put them in a cruise missile and send it back to Bejing where it doesnt hit any buildings but air burst above with leaflets saying here is your drugs back, now you deal with it.....

I know very well what our capabilities are. What is in doubt is our willingness to USE them.
Don't be naive. When we do it right, we don't know and some of it I promise, we don't want to know, and you ain't gonna find out.

I feel like an innocent bystander watching a slow motion car accident in a car driven by a bloke I never asked for, he's is blind deaf and dumb closes his eyes and doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, and he constantly blames the previous driver for HIS fuck-ups. HELP!

Who is being naive? Did you forget we had the head of the Joint Chiefs whispering in Xi Jinping's ear "Don't worry I've got your back".
I suspect you are, no matter who whispers to whom. Some things don't change.

I suspect you are, no matter who whispers to whom. Some things don't change.
Yeah ok. According to the Pentagon we tracked that balloon FROM LIFTOFF IN CHINA and did NOTHING until it had crossed the entire US. FYI a 200 foot tall balloon could easily have been carrying an EMP. Maybe that's was a test flight with a similar weighted payload to an EMP. Nice of Joe to let it complete it's entire course across our country.

It's childish.
The US has been spying on China for a long time, at one point China killed most of those spies, so the US isn't doing so well. But what do they need to spy on China for anyway? They know what's coming.

Yeah ok. According to the Pentagon we tracked that balloon FROM LIFTOFF IN CHINA and did NOTHING until it had crossed the entire US. FYI a 200 foot tall balloon could easily have been carrying an EMP. Maybe that's was a test flight with a similar weighted payload to an EMP. Nice of Joe to let it complete it's entire course across our country.
I am not the paranoid type, and I don't know when they really tracked, but doubt it was on lift off. What if they didn't shoot it down as uncertain whether there might be an EMP device in it after they did start tracking. If that was correct reason, we would never know that either.

Balloons are so WW-Iish.

High altitude flights are outdated.

What the heck are you talking about a 737 with a civilian registration doing a coastal run?

Your post makes no sense.

A spy balloon? No.

We should send a weather balloon over China that has technology that is 30 years old. They'll be so eager and excited to recover the balloon, and when they do they will discover it's old shit.

Balloons are so WW-Iish.

High altitude flights are outdated.

What the heck are you talking about a 737 with a civilian registration doing a coastal run?

Your post makes no sense.
That is how KAL007 may have gone down, confused with a coastal surveillance of a 737 sized spy run that had been warned of twice before the shoot-down.
If you think high altitude and radar evading surveillance craft and satellite intell are no longer in use, you should think again.

Bullshit. A balloon that would carry something that heavy would be incredibly large.

That is how KAL007 may have gone down, confused with a coastal surveillance of a 737 sized spy run that had been warned of twice before the shoot-down.
If you think high altitude and radar evading surveillance craft and satellite intell are no longer in use, you should think again.
KAL700 was a 747. The plane was shot down over Russia due to a navigational error. It was a one big "oops".

Satellites yes. Did you know the USAF has no such aircraft anymore? All the SR-1s and U-2s now belong to NASA for scientific research.?

Forum List

Back