Should we expect immigrants to learn "OUR" language?

Woh here. Are you kidding me? what, we have to pay to edumacate all dem forgighners WHAT NOT to do? Right, We all share the same culture, right? We are on the same page here or what? This board, these threads are all in English, so that subtle point can't be understated. ENGLISH. And how much money do we need to spend reeducating head hunting cannibals? Not one red cent. Nadda. But I suspect the likes of you would change that, too, if you could. I am not feeling their pain, plenty of folks immigrated over the last two hundred years and learned English and got over it, what's up with Mexicans, anyway, they are god's gift to mankind and can do whatever they please?

They are being pandered to by our government and businesses in Spanish so they don't feel the need to speak English even if they know how to. Not to mention that they enjoy the largest quotas for legal immigration into our country and are the largest group here illegally also. Entire neighborhoods and cities have been taken over by them. That's a recipe for colonization not assimilation.

Wow, the grammar Nazi doth speaketh unto thee. I am soo privileged. I don't know were you live but were I am I have to pay for Spanish translators, and for Spanish translations on everything from Fax machines to voting ballots. And you don't know that? We pay for that garbage, tax payers. Let alone the increase in crime, overcrowding, and a poor driving habits and the squalor and all that Mexicans bring. YEP. I single out Mexicans here, good's gift to mankind.

Absolutely. Like it or not English is one of the most frequently used languages for business. Services should be provided in other languages for one simple fact. There invariably are going to be people that take longer to learn the language and adjust to its nuances.
Operation Wetback How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico Political Vel Craft

Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

‘In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American….There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.’

President Theodore Roosevelt 1907

76VVNDm.png
So because some white guy said something thats supposed to make me change my mind? :laugh:

Absolutely. Like it or not English is one of the most frequently used languages for business. Services should be provided in other languages for one simple fact. There invariably are going to be people that take longer to learn the language and adjust to its nuances.
Operation Wetback How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico Political Vel Craft

‘In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American….There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.’

76VVNDm.png
So because some white guy said something thats supposed to make me change my mind? :laugh:

Some white guy? WTH does his race have to do with it? He wasn't just some white guy anyway he was president of the U.S. and his points were very valid.

76VVNDm.png

Some white guy? WTH does his race have to do with it? He wasn't just some white guy anyway he was president of the U.S. and his points were very valid.
No his points werent valid. You just happen to agree.

76VVNDm.png

Yes, they were. You just happen to disagree. Why move here if you aren't going to assimilate into our society and hold loyalties to another country? Surely, you're not that dense.

This question is quite difficult, but I'm curious about a broader perspective on the issue. What our Government is doing for provide them with possibility to learn English for free? Do immigrants have a right to expect all services and their children's education to be provided in their native language?
How many money should we spend for achieving this goal?
You mean Great Britain's language.

This question is quite difficult, but I'm curious about a broader perspective on the issue. What our Government is doing for provide them with possibility to learn English for free? Do immigrants have a right to expect all services and their children's education to be provided in their native language?

English is also the established de facto national language of this country. Don't like it leave!

English is also the established de facto national language of this country. Don't like it leave!
Doesn't make it American. Makes it borrowed fool. Why don't you leave. Your kind damages what we've worked hard to create.

There are only rare occasions when an English speaking Americans [sic] would need to know another language and speaking to the Spanish speaking illegal landscaper doesn't count.

When are you going to learn English, Provincial Pete?

Doesn't make it American. Makes it borrowed fool. Why don't you leave. Your kind damages what we've worked hard to create.

We were a new country with immigrants that spoke several different languages. We established English out of all of those languages as our national de facto one. What were we supposed to do.....invent a new one? No, it is your type that wants to divide and damage our country into a bunch of babbling people who can't understand each other and to retain the languages and cultures of the country's they left behind. That doesn't make for a cohesive society.

76VVNDm.png

Yes, they were. You just happen to disagree. Why move here if you aren't going to assimilate into our society and hold loyalties to another country? Surely, you're not that dense.
No they werent valid. I didnt move here. I was born here. Why would I be loyal to white people?

Youre an idiot. There is no established de facto national language. If you dont like it move to England.

Forum List

Back