Should U.S. Tax Payers Bail Europe Out Too? Yea Or Nay?...

As the IMF gets set to give several $Billions to Greece and possibly other European Nations,it does bring up a very important question for Americans. Since a big percentage of IMF money is American Tax Payer money,this means that Americans will now be paying to bail Europe out as well. This doesn't even include what the Federal Reserve is possibly giving Europe. We don't know how much our Federal Reserve is giving Europe because of their tight secrecy. So after bailing out countless Corporations here in the U.S.,should we be bailing Europe out too?

No.

I was opposed to the bailout when bush recommended it

I was opposed to the bailout when obama enacted it

I am opposed to bailing out europe

We should start with France....they will appreciate it

Easy Obama solution: Yes, bail them out, Greece is too big to fail... just print more money...:cuckoo:

Rational Solution: Of course we should not bail them out, hell we don't even have enough money to bail ourselves out...

Easy Obama solution: Yes, bail them out, Greece is too big to fail... just print more money...:cuckoo:

Rational Solution: Of course we should not bail them out, hell we don't even have enough money to bail ourselves out...

Bingo. We don't we're broke. Been broke for awhile. And our AAA Rating is in jepoardy bigtime if this continues.

Bingo. We don't we're broke. Been broke for awhile. And our AAA Rating is in jepoardy bigtime if this continues.

No. Broke is living pay check to paycheck.

Broke is I can't go to the movies this Friday because I need gas to get to work next week.

Broke is we're having a pot full of ramen noodles tonight because I don't get paid until tommorow.

America is whole different story. America is a welfare whore.

There's a big difference.

Responsible people become "broke". They run out of money so that don't spend shit.

Welfare whores ALWAYS have money. They've got nice kicks, clean rims on their cars, go to the Red Lobster on friday night and order like a king, go to the club "ALL DRINKS ON ME!!" And then go home to a broken down trailer with spinners on saturday morning and take their fat lazy asses to sleep until the next friday afternoon.

America isn't broke. We're one welfare check away from living in a trash can under a bridge.

And guess where that welfare checks gonna go? To the European welfare whores who just got kicked off of welfare.

Broke is I can't go to the movies this Friday because I need gas to get to work next week.

Broke is we're having a pot full of ramen noodles tonight because I don't get paid until tommorow.

Responsible people become "broke". They run out of money so that don't spend shit.

Welfare whores ALWAYS have money. They've got nice kicks, clean rims on their cars, go to the Red Lobster on friday night and order like a king, go to the club "ALL DRINKS ON ME!!" And then go home to a broken down trailer with spinners on saturday morning and take their fat lazy asses to sleep until the next friday afternoon.

America isn't broke. We're one welfare check away from living in a trash can under a bridge.

And guess where that welfare checks gonna go? To the European welfare whores who just got kicked off of welfare.

OK. How's this grab ya? 'Living on Borrowed TIME' And DEBT for far too long?

As the IMF gets set to give several $Billions to Greece and possibly other European Nations,it does bring up a very important question for Americans. Since a big percentage of IMF money is American Tax Payer money,this means that Americans will now be paying to bail Europe out as well. This doesn't even include what the Federal Reserve is possibly giving Europe. We don't know how much our Federal Reserve is giving Europe because of their tight secrecy. So after bailing out countless Corporations here in the U.S.,should we be bailing Europe out too?

The US contributes about 17% to the IMF fund. If Greece goes bankrupt and the IMF bails it out, the IMF claim will be first against their assets, so the Fund will be reimbursed. There is no "taxpayer bailout" because the money is already there, in escrow, so to speak.

Of course, the answer is no. Why would we bailout Greece? This is mostly an EU problem. BTW, it’s 146 billion. Germany is loaning them $29.5 billion. The remainder will come through the IMF, probably loans by EU central banks. The IMF acts more as a facilitator than an actually bank, but they are getting into more lending. Also the IMF is not exactly broke. As of January, the IMF reported that they held 3005 metric tons of gold or 96.6 million troy oz. At $1200 an oz. that’s $11.6 trillion US dollars. Can someone please explain why they need our money.

Factsheet -- Where the IMF Gets its Money
Germany to Loan Debt-Ridden Greece $29.6B - CBS News
What Is the IMF?

No, and we should get out of the IMF immediately.

Bingo Kevin! I have been saying that for years. We need to remove ourselves from the IMF & WTO. They do not always have America's best interests at heart. We should not be part of such organizations. Thanks.

Let's not forget the UN or NATO.
Get out of the IMF, WTO, and UN? That would certainly send a message to the rest of the world, although I am not clear what that message might be.

Bingo Kevin! I have been saying that for years. We need to remove ourselves from the IMF & WTO. They do not always have America's best interests at heart. We should not be part of such organizations. Thanks.

Get out of the IMF, WTO, and UN? That would certainly send a message to the rest of the world, although I am not clear what that message might be.

That the U.S. is no longer going to cede its sovereignty to international organizations.

That the U.S. is no longer going to cede its sovereignty to international organizations.
Or maybe maniacs are in control. Let's see, if the US stepped out of the UN, it would eventually collapse but before that time many lessor countries such as Iran would move up in the world. However, it would certainly do away with our dependence on foreign oil and most other imports. Dropping out of the IMF would surely bring on a monetary criss throughout the world and a collapse of the stock market.

We might want to stop all foreign trade, erect a wall around the country, and drop all international.
communications.

Gosh, I missed the WTO.

Or maybe maniacs are in control. Let's see, if the US stepped out of the UN, it would eventually collapse but before that time many lessor countries such as Iran would move up in the world. However, it would certainly do away with our dependence on foreign oil and most other imports. Dropping out of the IMF would surely bring on a monetary criss throughout the world and a collapse of the stock market.

We might want to stop all foreign trade, erect a wall around the country, and drop all international.
communications.

Gosh, I missed the WTO.

Oh no, where would we be without the UN? We'd probably have a lot more money, for starters. And a worldwide monetary crisis you say? Have you watched the news lately?

Who's advocating stopping foreign trade? I support free trade. The WTO certainly doesn't foster free trade. Your strawmen arguments aren't going to cut it.

No bailouts for anyone. Period. The American people should be in the face of their employees every day. It is sickening what this Republic has turned into.

OK. How's this grab ya? 'Living on Borrowed TIME' And DEBT for far too long?

More or less the same.:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back