Should this be classified a crime?

If you can think of a similar thing done to a Christian - whatever that answer is, same....

Someone wrapped pieces of bacon around the door handles of a mosque in Las Vegas.
Once upon a time, an antic such as this would probably have been called a prank.
Now it is a hate crime and the police are hunting for the guy who did it.
Should someone who does such a thing be criminalised?

Man caught on video wrapping door knobs of Las Vegas mosque with bacon

Make him scrub the handles and doors.
That is much more appropriate than a criminal record. But, they haven't found him yet, despite him being caught on camera.

Someone wrapped pieces of bacon around the door handles of a mosque in Las Vegas.
Once upon a time, an antic such as this would probably have been called a prank.
Now it is a hate crime and the police are hunting for the guy who did it.
Should someone who does such a thing be criminalised?

Man caught on video wrapping door knobs of Las Vegas mosque with bacon

I would have the culprit responsible answer to the congregation that was the target of harassment
and vandalism.

Yes, it is vandalism. It is littering on private property, where someone else has to clean up the mess.

I would have them work it out, and seek mutual agreement on restitution to restore
"good faith" relations and understanding so no such negative act happens again between them.
If they really resolve whatever grievances this person sought to express,
they could do community outreach that is positive and meaningful instead of this act of ill will to offend. The positive restitution they could pursue together would serve both as a public message of reconciliation, service to the community, and a deterrence to future abusive activity.

no big deal , no one was hurt , If the guy happens to be caught make him scrub the handles as already said . ----------- Otherwise , aww see what diversity brings to the USA !!

I love bacon and eggs............it is a crime to waste BACON................lock his ass up........

:badgrin:

Forum List

Back