Should They Show the Coffins of the Fallen?

Nope.

You want to show your own, welcome to it.

Don't tell someone else they have too.

So according to your ideology I can only look at pictures or photos I have taken myself?

Doesnt matter if you think the pictures will be used for propaganda, let each person make up his or her mind about the photos.. seems like you think you know what is best for every person and dont want to let people make up their own mind...

If the photos bother you.. dont look at them..

And if you want propaganda, don't do it at the expense of the honored dead

Propaganda exists.. for better or worse..

All goverments, political parties and corporations use it..

.. but hiding the realities of war is a form of propaganda itself should not be allowed in the USA..

Last edited:
The government knows who is in the coffins. They could seperate them according to the families' desire.

Hiding them is a much a political act as showing them.

I think they should ask the soldiers before they go to war (and possibly die) and put it in their contract as a choice if they themselves want to show their own return covered by the media.

Because it could be that some of these soldiers very much believed in the good cause of this war and therefor fought in it and that they don't want their bodies to be used as negative propaganda against the war.

Others might feel different about it and would want their sacrifice for this war to be recognized by all american people.

It is just wrong to play political games with dead people that sacrificed themselves for a country and not for a political party, this should be forbidden by law and the choice should be given to the soldiers themselves. If anyone has the most right to choose what is done with their body, then it will be the soldiers themselves.

Last edited:
I think the Soldier themselves should decide how they would like to be recognized or remembered, and when being sent to a combat zone, it would become part of their personnel file, along side their last good-bye, just in case- letter, if they have one.

care

So according to your ideology I can only look at pictures or photos I have taken myself?

Doesnt matter if you think the pictures will be used for propaganda, let each person make up his or her mind about the photos.. seems like you think you know what is best for every person and dont want to let people make up their own mind...

Let me just be blunt with you. Since you don't understand. He was hiding the photos and video of negativity that had to with the war HE wrongly entered into. Just face it. He's a liar and he never had any concern for you or any of us. Only for his coporate backers. He fed to the people through the media (since that's what we're talking about, not actual reports) only positives about the ,sorry but, bs war. Now whats the reason? Well if you ask me and anyone that isnt in denial its to keep the focus off of the soldiers dying in a war for his personal gain.

You have proof of this? Last I heard, we have a free press.

So tell me...where and how did he "hide" these pictures? I know there was a public outcry and disgust over the running tally of the dead every night on the evening news, complete with pictures of the coffins being unloaded...while every victory we won was ignored, and the only military personnel ever interviewed were either mentally ill, queer, or otherwise malcontent. And the press had to dig to find them.

The person who pens such bs is a traitor and deserves to be treated as one.

What happened to the freedom of speech? Is it only for the ones that agree with you?

Attacking our troops and thereby providing support to the enemy isn't freedom of speech.

It's treason.

Providing support for the enemy? So you don't care about the soldiers dying for what they think is America? Hmmm, typical. have you ever thought that maybe it's to honor our fallen?

Last edited:
Dumbshit. I know why our soldiers fight. They do it because they are soldiers, and because they believe in supporting the fight for freedom worldwide. And they are doing it for America, because a terrorist scum killed in Iraq or Afghanistan won't be coming to the US to blow up our babies in preschools in the biggest cities in the nation.

If you were a man I'd kick your ass, you piece of shit. But sadly, you aren't, so I will refrain.

Dumbshit. I know why our soldiers fight. They do it because they are soldiers, and because they believe in supporting the fight for freedom worldwide. And they are doing it for America, because a terrorist scum killed in Iraq or Afghanistan won't be coming to the US to blow up our babies in preschools in the biggest cities in the nation.

If you were a man I'd kick your ass, you piece of shit. But sadly, you aren't, so I will refrain.

Ok start off by not insulting me personally. And Iraq had nothing to do with Terrorism in the U.S. Ok? By the way I am a grown man. And by the looks of it you can't settle an argument like a "man."

Fuck you. I'll insult you as I please, and you'll like it you worthless scum bag. And you're as much a man as I am. BTW...I'm not.

And yes, fighting the fuckwads in Iraq had everything to do with terrorism against the US, as you would know if you did anything but regurgitate bullshit propaganda you pick up from dickwads such as yourself who think we deserve to be overrun by our enemies, our children killed and our women raped..then beheaded with dull blades. Jihadists. Memorize that word. Internalize it. Taliban or Al Quaeda, doesn't matter. We've helped to settle matters in Iraq and now, despite the pleas of the Iraqi president to not leave yet, our esteemed president is trying to get us out of there so they can fall apart because we didn't stay long enough. So be it.

.. but hiding the realities of war is a form of propaganda itself should not be allowed in the USA..

Propaganda exists... on both sides of the fence... but that does not mean you dishonor the fallen or allow someone else to do it

Nobody is hiding from the realities of war because you don't allow pictured of coffins coming off the plane... but nice try

This has been a big debate for a long time.

"I would have loved to see them fly my son back in and give him a full salute," said Janice Chance of Owings Mills, Md., whose son, Marine Capt. Jesse Melton III, was killed Sept. 9 in Afghanistan's Parwan province. She said she is in favor of media coverage of the return ceremony.

"As long as it is done in good taste, and they are showing that the people here in the United States are welcoming them back and saying job well done, that is what I would like to see," she said......

Other family members strongly disagreed, however, saying they felt media coverage would allow their lost loved ones to be politically exploited.

washingtonpost.com

When they showed the coffins of the fallen during the Vietnam War it made an impact on the public and supported anti-war sentiment.

I remember seeing the war on TV when I was a kid. I grew up with it. Bush I censored the Gulf War coverage.

Bush II wanted to make sure the coffins were NOT seen.

It's political. Seeing the coffins brings the reality of the consequences of the war home.

The person who pens such bs is a traitor and deserves to be treated as one.

What happened to the freedom of speech? Is it only for the ones that agree with you?

Attacking our troops and thereby providing support to the enemy isn't freedom of speech.

It's treason.

No it is not, they are not attacking the troops: They are attacking the politicians and political views, the troops did not choose to declare war on Iraq.

In their view it is the US Government that is attacking the troops by declaring an unnecessary war. Ask the troops that have been in Iraq for more then a couple of years why they are in Iraq, I m sure they won't all go along with mr Bush his bullshit story. Especially if they remember that the US politicians were the ones that brought this dictator to power in the first place: Taking Out the CIA's Trash

And another issue, what is it with these vetting processes? Can't the CIA even choose a good dictator if they install one?

Fuck you. I'll insult you as I please, and you'll like it you worthless scum bag. And you're as much a man as I am. BTW...I'm not.

And yes, fighting the fuckwads in Iraq had everything to do with terrorism against the US, as you would know if you did anything but regurgitate bullshit propaganda you pick up from dickwads such as yourself who think we deserve to be overrun by our enemies, our children killed and our women raped..then beheaded with dull blades. Jihadists. Memorize that word. Internalize it. Taliban or Al Quaeda, doesn't matter. We've helped to settle matters in Iraq and now, despite the pleas of the Iraqi president to not leave yet, our esteemed president is trying to get us out of there so they can fall apart because we didn't stay long enough. So be it.

You fight like a child. You aren't even worth reasoning with. I am no such thing. But you seem to think it's right to let American men and women die at the hands of the Jihadists because we interfered with there war that they will never stop fighting. Even Cheney, said it himself. There is no point in invading iraq nothing will ever come of it. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I]YouTube - Cheney '94: Invading Baghdad Would Create Quagmire C-SPAN[/ame]
here's the link if you dont believe me.

Men and women will die at the hands of jihadists on American soil if we don't take care of them in the Middle East. They say it every day. They will HUNT US DOWN WHEREVER WE ARE.

You and your buddies just don't get the memos because you think we deserve it....while at the same time believing nobody would DARE accost you.

Men and women will die at the hands of jihadists on American soil if we don't take care of them in the Middle East. They say it every day. They will HUNT US DOWN WHEREVER WE ARE.

You and your buddies just don't get the memos because you think we deserve it....while at the same time believing nobody would DARE accost you.

Your ignorant. And who is "we"? I have just as much respect for the fallen as you or any other Real American. The point is the man who sent them there was WRONG. And the facts in 94 still stand today. Iraq hadn't changed any since Kuwait.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BeFCOUqsWA]YouTube - Cheney Tells America "Go Fu*k yourself[/ame]

This is the man puppeting your "good ole boy". they dont care what you think.

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
-Hermann Goering, April 18, 1046
(in testimony at Nuremburg Trials)

This is exactly what Bush and Cheney did. Are you a Jihadist? Don't question my patriotism because of my political beliefs. That is why we are in America today, to have our own beliefs. If anyone is anti-patriot it's you my friend.

As the list is clearly available nothing is 'hidden' this is simply an attempt to use dead bodies to support a political agenda.

Unacceptable.

It's not ideology, it's a soldeir's viewpoint.

You want to make some propaganda, take a picture of your own dead relitive, my brothers and I do not serve for you to try and score point off our dead bodies.

Like i said, take a picture of your own dead family member, and use it any way you like.

But don't even attempt to tell me it's 'your right' to do it to me and mine.

Forum List

Back