Should They Show the Coffins of the Fallen?

Let me just be blunt with you. Since you don't understand. He was hiding the photos and video of negativity that had to with the war HE wrongly entered into. Just face it. He's a liar and he never had any concern for you or any of us. Only for his coporate backers. He fed to the people through the media (since that's what we're talking about, not actual reports) only positives about the ,sorry but, bs war. Now whats the reason? Well if you ask me and anyone that isnt in denial its to keep the focus off of the soldiers dying in a war for his personal gain.

Let me be blunt with you.

You are an idiot.

Nuff said.

So according to your ideology I can only look at pictures or photos I have taken myself?
It's not ideology, it's a soldeir's viewpoint.

You want to make some propaganda, take a picture of your own dead relitive, my brothers and I do not serve for you to try and score point off our dead bodies.

Doesnt matter if you think the pictures will be used for propaganda, let each person make up his or her mind about the photos.. seems like you think you know what is best for every person and dont want to let people make up their own mind...

If the photos bother you.. dont look at them..
Like i said, take a picture of your own dead family member, and use it any way you like.

But don't even attempt to tell me it's 'your right' to do it to me and mine.

The photos are of flag drapped coffins not photos of the soldiers in action or during duty..

Should those pics or mugshots of the fallen soldiers on the various website be shown then?.. from what you say they should not be visible either... but they are..

If a soldiers image or nameimage or face is visible in a picture, yes the family/soldier should have the right to say wether or not the photo can be printed..

Flag draped coffins are a sign of respect for what one has done for the country.. IMO.... if they are used for propaganda then protest against it or dont look at it..

but nice try though..

nuff said

Last edited:
as someone has said earlier...it IS MANIPULATION, political manipulation for our government to make this decision for anyone else or anyone else's family.

To not show them all, keeps people's minds on shopping and the gvt collecting their taxes.

To show them all, gives the setting of need for the anti war groups....

I tend to think that any soldier killed should have their coffin draped, and brought home with the other dead, in glory and it should be public....

I don't think it should be hidden from us, because WE ARE THE ONES that sent them there and to their possible deaths. Yes, WE did this through our representative vote....WE are the ones that are suppose to say yea or nay on war....the President isn't suppose to choose such, 2/3's of congress is suppose to do such....our representation is suppose to do this....so, as I said, WE are the ones that send these soldiers to war, to protect us, and it is not a flippant decision to make....so when it is made, I believe that WE should see ALL that our decision to send our young men and women in to war, has brought about....the good and the bad....

Out of sight, out of mind.... is what our government is hoping I would suppose....but honestly, that's just plain bull....WE ARE SUPPOSE TO RULE THROUGH our government, OUR GOVERNMENT IS NOT SUPPOSE to rule us, with their own whims....

Whatever happened to this....?

Anyway, in compromise, i believe that all soldiers before being sent in to a war zone, should indicate on their personnel record whether they want a public acknowledgment or not with their caskets, if they happen to die.

Care

Let me just be blunt with you. Since you don't understand. He was hiding the photos and video of negativity that had to with the war HE wrongly entered into. Just face it. He's a liar and he never had any concern for you or any of us. Only for his coporate backers. He fed to the people through the media (since that's what we're talking about, not actual reports) only positives about the ,sorry but, bs war. Now whats the reason? Well if you ask me and anyone that isnt in denial its to keep the focus off of the soldiers dying in a war for his personal gain.

Let me be blunt with you.

You are an idiot.

Nuff said.

can you tell me why? I mean i can do that to watch.... the sky is green.

Thgere's nothuing like viewing pictures of Military coffins being shipped back to the good old US of A. Kinda makes ypu feel "warm all over". Thank God you Americans had Junior Bush running the show for you or you wouldn't have anything to cry about. I mean most of you weren't even born when the last American debacle concluded in Vietnam.

There is nothing glorious or to be desired about war or fighting, but the least we can do is remember the fallen. Show the coffin or don't show the coffin either side will cry foul. Bollocks, despise the mealy mouthed politicians if thats your choice, play your cynical game if it gives you pleasure, but for their sake if no one else's honor your dead, don't leave the decision to hide away the bitter fruits of seeds they have sown to some political spin artist.

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army

Last edited:
End this illeagl American occupation of Iraq. Show the dead, mangled bodies of American soldiers and Iraqi civilians. Show it on TV daily. Let the people know what is happening. End this war NOW !

Also show all the beheadings and executions carried out by the Taliban and Al Quaida (who do work fist in glove) and the annihilation of the 2 towers on a daily basis. Play the tapes of the people dying on the hijacked plane meant for the Pentagon, as they called their loved ones to tell them they were dying.

Lets see some interviews of refugees of Iraq and Afghanistan, and the footage of women being beaten, circumcised, and stoned to death in public. Let's show the beard patrols.

Show real interviews with the regular military (not the mentally ill and misfits who are the only ones the press bothers with at this point) and some of the people of Iraq to see what they have to say about our presence there, and whether they are grateful to us, and whether or not they see us as oppressive. You will see the only ones who feel this way are the oppressors themselves, who want us to leave so they can start terrorizing the populace again. Which is why Obama is NOT pulling us out (as he swore he would) and why the leaders or Iraq have pleaded with us to stay.

Now. Tell me exactly what law was violated by the Iraq war?

Last edited:
Oh, and then go back and re-interview the girl who was rescued at the beginning of the war and villified by the press and pigs like you after she had watched her friends die around her, and nearly died herself, suffered untold brutality, and finally was rescued by special ops...an operation which was ridiculed and criticized by the press and anti-American pigs like yourself, who would rather have seen her dead that imagine that she put up a courageous fight and was rescued by courageous men on a worthy mission.

Also show all the beheadings and executions carried out by the Taliban and Al Quaida (who do work fist in glove) and the annihilation of the 2 towers on a daily basis. Play the tapes of the people dying on the hijacked plane meant for the Pentagon, as they called their loved ones to tell them they were dying.

Lets see some interviews of refugees of Iraq and Afghanistan, and the footage of women being beaten, circumcised, and stoned to death in public. Let's show the beard patrols.

Show real interviews with the regular military (not the mentally ill and misfits who are the only ones the press bothers with at this point) and some of the people of Iraq to see what they have to say about our presence there, and whether they are grateful to us, and whether or not they see us as oppressive. You will see the only ones who feel this way are the oppressors themselves, who want us to leave so they can start terrorizing the populace again. Which is why Obama is NOT pulling us out (as he swore he would) and why the leaders or Iraq have pleaded with us to stay.

None Because Bush changed them all.

Interesting that your profile says you're just a high school kid, you're interested in politics, and you want to learn more...

Then, you have a signature line full of people you're calling idiots for giving you another perspective..

Might want to rethink on what you're really here for.

"...show all the beheadings and executions carried out by the Taliban and Al Quaida (who do work fist in glove) and the annihilation of the 2 towers on a daily basis. Play the tapes of the people dying on the hijacked plane meant for the Pentagon, as they called their loved ones to tell them they were dying..."

Do your homework sonny. All the graphic viloence you have referenced is available on the www. I do wish though that we could have seen the films of brave members of the USMC torturing prisoners at Guantonamo. Why do you suppose those films are available in there entirety?

Really? Which ones? Specifics, please. Or you can just admit to being a liar now and save us an agonizingly long thread where you try to reinvent history to suit your lie.

"...show all the beheadings and executions carried out by the Taliban and Al Quaida (who do work fist in glove) and the annihilation of the 2 towers on a daily basis. Play the tapes of the people dying on the hijacked plane meant for the Pentagon, as they called their loved ones to tell them they were dying..."

Do your homework sonny. All the graphic viloence you have referenced is available on the www. I do wish though that we could have seen the films of brave members of the USMC torturing prisoners at Guantonamo. Why do you suppose those films are available in there entirety?

I'm not a sonny, American hating piece of shit. You can call me Ma'am, and take off your fucking cap to do it.

It's available on the internet if you know to go look for it. It isn't referred to by the press, because they don't want us to focus on it. Instead they, as you, want to demoralize our troops and put them in harm's way. The way they do that is to make them look stupid, side with our enemies when we are fighting, and pretend the majority of the populace does not want us there.

Did we saw anyone's heads off at Guantanamo? No, we did not. Our torture there consisted of taking a few embarassing photos and using waterboarding...a technique we use on OUR OWN SPECIAL OPS SOLDIERS DURING TRAINING.

I'd love to see the "torture" those poor sweethearts at Gitmo were put under....so long as it's shown side by side with footage of the torture they have subjected our men and women...and their own men and women....to. Then watch that America-hating sewage you spew fly right in your face.

And we'll film it. I'm sure you think puking into the wind constitutes "torture". Unless of course it's being inflicted on our American soldiers, contractors and journalists. Then it's just their just desserts. You have one standard of "torture" for our enemies..and another for Americans.

And that makes you a treasonous piece of shit.

AllieBaba,

People like you disgust me. You are a vile and profane, sick excuse for a human being. Calling you Ma'am would be an insult to the women who deserve the title of respect.

People who support the killing of our citizens and public degradation of our troops deserve to die, traitor. I'm proud that you find me disgusting, because you are the worst sort of human being on the face of the earth...a little fly speck who enjoys all the freedoms MY FAMILY fucking fights for, and dares to hide behind his computer and defend the enemy.

Bush, Junior was a draft dodger, his cowardice is the worst kind. Junior avoided both combat and making any kind of political statement on the War in Vietnam. While others served, giving their lives and limbs, or took part in a protest movement to end the war, Junior's family connections got him a safe spot in the Texas Air National Guard. This is fact and I will support no war that is guided by people like Junior and his GOP croonies - only a fool would do so.

Yeah, we all know those jet pilots are cowards.

How many jets have you piloted, you treasonous piece of shit?

As most extremist, American-hating lefties, you insist that the majority of Americans are stupid fools. It's how you explain away the fact that nobody but the weirdos agree with you.

The aircraft that Junior was trained on was de-commisioned for combat duty in Vietnam. Junior defended the USA against possible invasion from MEXICO !

Forum List

Back