Should the real threat of a Asteroid impact be a defense issue?

Should the real threat of a Asteroid impact be a defense issue?

• Total voters

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Should the real threat of A Asteroid be a defense issue? It would seem to me that Asteroids are a bigger threat to our nation then nuclear war(today), so it kind of makes sense to me that this would be a defense issue. As a defense issue it would be deserving of defense funding...

Cretaceous?Paleogene extinction event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Cretaceous–Paleogene (K–Pg) extinction event,[a] formerly known as the Cretaceous–Tertiary (K–T) extinction, was a mass extinction of some three-quarters of plant and animal species on Earth—including all non-avian dinosaurs—that occurred over a geologically short period of time 66 million years (Ma) ago

Impact event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because they're a SERIOUS threat to the United states of America and the world...Shouldn't we be funding means to defend our self's from them???

The threat of asteroid impact would be a refreshing change from the junk science the elites have been feeding us for the last decade or so.

For a quarter, we could defend it.

ZGQqY1PH39-11.png

I do.. I do..

Absolutely --- that and a REAL space blaster missile defense system.. In fact -- we could combine the two.. Get rid of the whiny wimps that outlawed weapons in space.. We will all sleep more soundly..

This OUGHT to be a high priority. Probably above revisiting the moon. Definately above bombing Syria.

BTW:: Same technology developed to nudge asteroids off collision course can be used to wrangle them into near earth proximity for mining.. One asteroid or comet frag with rare earth minerals --- Priceless.

BTW:: Same technology developed to nudge asteroids off collision course can be used to wrangle them into near earth proximity for mining.. One asteroid or comet frag with rare earth minerals --- Priceless.

Yep,

Imagine the resources and wealth humanity gains from mining the asteroids.

Rare earth minerals, mental and fresh water is priceless to us.

Yep,

Imagine the resources and wealth humanity gains from mining the asteroids.

Rare earth minerals, mental and fresh water is priceless to us.

Yes !! We all need more "mental"... :lol:

Forum List

Back