Should the popular vote be the ultimate decider?

Yep, without the EC small population states have not business participating in presidential elections... To do so it would be a feel good charade, meaningless in every way.

Los Angeles County, California's estimated population is 10,163,507

Wyoming Population 2018

Montana Population 2018

North Dakota Population 2018

South Dakota Population 2018

Idaho Population 2018

Nebraska Population 2018

how many more 'flyover' states would I have to list, just to equal that one county in California?

----------------------------------------- and? What's your point? Are the people of Wyoming (Montana, Dakotas, etc) somehow "worth more" than people elsewhere?

What, are Los Angelinos somehow "subhuman"?

Isn't that revealing.
:aug08_031:

neither.

But, you seem to believe that ONE city is more important than FOUR states.

and it isn't

Something even the Founding Fathers were aware of.

They didn't want NY, VA and Penn ruling the country.

Why do you want Ca and NY ruling the country?

Actually you're wrong -- they did indeed want Virginia running the country; that's why they awarded its EVs in the amount of 3/5 of their slaves to bloat its influence.

Don't believe me? Check it out.

George Washington ---- Virginia. Slaveowner. Two terms.
John Adams --- Massachusetts. Non slaveowner. One term.
Thomas Jefferson --- Virginia. Slaveowner. Two terms.
James Madison --- Virginia. Slaveowner. Two terms.
James Monroe --- Virginia. Slaveowner. Two terms.

That's eight of the first nine Administrations from Virginia, which had extra EVs because of counting slaves.

Ever wonder why we were all taught in school that all these guys were from Virginia yet they never told us WHY they were from Virginia? Whelp ---- I just did.
Lol
There would be no United States without the founding fathers...
And original slaveowners in this country were my ancestors… American Indians

so take your fucking political correctness and shove it up your fucking ass

Feel free to SUCK MY DICK on the way to going to learn how the fuck to read.

Nothing I posted said anything about the history of slavery DUMBASS.

It's simplistic.

When you have cities that have more votes than some states, the states lose

the populations of, I believe, 12 states, could determine the presidency, and the direction of the country in every election year.

Not very 'democratic' in my opinion.

'Flyover' country has as much right and as much say, as those states with larger populations on the coasts.

The point is moot anyway.

'flyover' country will never agree to getting rid of the EC
Yep, without the EC small population states have not business participating in presidential elections... To do so it would be a feel good charade, meaningless in every way.

Wyoming Population 2018

Montana Population 2018

Idaho Population 2018

Nebraska Population 2018

how many more 'flyover' states would I have to list, just to equal that one county in California?

----------------------------------------- and? What's your point? Are the people of Wyoming (Montana, Dakotas, etc) somehow "worth more" than people elsewhere?

Isn't that revealing.

neither.

and it isn't

Actually you're wrong -- they did indeed want Virginia running the country; that's why they awarded its EVs in the amount of 3/5 of their slaves to bloat its influence.

That's eight of the first nine Administrations from Virginia, which had extra EVs because of counting slaves.

Ever wonder why we were all taught in school that all these guys were from Virginia yet they never told us WHY they were from Virginia? Whelp ---- I just did.

OK, once again ---- what exactly is "funny" about this post? It's completely factual.

Or should I just report you for harassment?

Wyoming Population 2018

Montana Population 2018

Idaho Population 2018

Nebraska Population 2018

Isn't that revealing.

neither.

and it isn't

OK, once again ---- what exactly is "funny" about this post? It's completely factual.

the first 8 of 9 were also born British subjects.

means just as much as 8 of 9 coming from NY.

Wyoming Population 2018

Montana Population 2018

Idaho Population 2018

Nebraska Population 2018

Isn't that revealing.

neither.

and it isn't

Irrelevant. They were residents/representatives of VIRGINIA. As opposed to being residents/representatives of Pennsylvania, New York, or any of the other States. NOTHING I posted had anything to do with their birthplace. They didn't set up the Electoral College to pad the electors from Great Britain, now did they.

Admit it, you're just butthurt because you know I'm right and there's jack-all you can do about it.

Isn't that revealing.

neither.

and it isn't

Irrelevant. They were residents/representatives of VIRGINIA. As opposed to being residents/representatives of Pennsylvania, New York, or any of the other States. NOTHING I posted had anything to do with their birthplace. They didn't set up the Electoral College to pad the electors from Great Britain, now did they.

Admit it, you're just butthurt because you know I'm right and there's jack-all you can do about it.

They were residents/representatives of VIRGINIA.
also 'irrelevant'.

neither.

and it isn't

They were residents/representatives of VIRGINIA.
also 'irrelevant'.

The fuck it is ------------ read the topic title.

:dig:

Either of you klowns want to tell the class what exactly is "funny" about that post?

Where is any of it inaccurate?

WillHaftawaite theHawk

It's simplistic.

When you have cities that have more votes than some states, the states lose

the populations of, I believe, 12 states, could determine the presidency, and the direction of the country in every election year.

Not very 'democratic' in my opinion.

'Flyover' country has as much right and as much say, as those states with larger populations on the coasts.

The point is moot anyway.

'flyover' country will never agree to getting rid of the EC

Wyoming Population 2018

Montana Population 2018

Idaho Population 2018

Nebraska Population 2018

Isn't that revealing.

neither.

and it isn't

Collectivsts ( popular vote addicts) suffer from the three ances....

Ignorance
Arrogance
Flatulance

Jo

Wyoming Population 2018

Montana Population 2018

Idaho Population 2018

Nebraska Population 2018

Isn't that revealing.

neither.

and it isn't

Lol
There would be no United States without the founding fathers...
And original slaveowners in this country where my ancestors… American Indians

so take your fucking political correctness and shove it up your fucking ass
Nice foul mouth.
Indian ancestry?
Obviously zero college

Dude there are three stages of vulgarity. The stupid stage when you think Vulgarity actually affects other people. The educated stage when you become too smart to use vulgar words. The super educated phase when you go back to using vulgar words because now you're pragmatic and efficient and you realize what they accomplish with a minimal energy expenditure.

Jo

It seems to me we've had this discussion before. If I'm not mistaken the voting system was originally established on a popular vote. It doesn't work, it never did and there's no possibility that human nature will change to the point where it will be possible for it to function in a large nation especially a nation such as we have which is really a collection of smaller nations that have managed to construct what can only be referred to as a non homogenous union.

For one thing a popular only vote system across a federal election violates the original pact made by States when they first formed the Union that would enable each and every state to be fairly represented as a part of that Union.

Jo
/——/ Only when democRATs can’t win the EC

It seems to me we've had this discussion before. If I'm not mistaken the voting system was originally established on a popular vote. It doesn't work, it never did and there's no possibility that human nature will change to the point where it will be possible for it to function in a large nation especially a nation such as we have which is really a collection of smaller nations that have managed to construct what can only be referred to as a non homogenous union.

For one thing a popular only vote system across a federal election violates the original pact made by States when they first formed the Union that would enable each and every state to be fairly represented as a part of that Union.

Here's the thing... I really, really, really do not give a fuck what a bunch of slave raping assholes wanted in the 18th century.

The only reason we haven't gotten rid of the Electoral Anachronism was because most of the time, it reflected what the popular vote was.

The French have a much better system. Popular vote, if no one gets 50%, you have a runoff.

Here's the thing... I really, really, really do not give a fuck what a bunch of slave raping assholes wanted in the 18th century.

The only reason we haven't gotten rid of the Electoral Anachronism was because most of the time, it reflected what the popular vote was.

The French have a much better system. Popular vote, if no one gets 50%, you have a runoff.
/----/ So you want the country permanently run by the Blue dots. The Red Dots are just along for the ride to a Socialist Nanny State. BTW - move to France so you can vote.
iu

So you want the country permanently run by the Blue dots. The Red Dots are just along for the ride to a Socialist Nanny State. BTW - move to France so you can vote.

The "Blue Dots" are where people actually LIVE. Nobody lives out in the middle of Alabama where they are all fucking their cousins because there is no one else around.

Should also be pointed out that the red dots are the biggest welfare queens out there... agriculture wouldn't work in this country without massive government subsidies ..

Final point. With the restoration of felon voting rights, Florida is probably going to be a blue state in the future. Arizona is now a blue state and Texas may not be so far behind...

So you really think the EC is still a good idea?

Jo
the only thing you are really saying is you're mad you're not getting your way, so the system must be flawed.

the system is fine but maybe you need to think, and all those who want MOB RULES to be our way of life, this country isn't about any 1 mindset or any 1 place. it's about all of us. in that type of a world you don't always get your way. i wish the left and nutbags who feel 250+ years of proven history is suddenly wrong today cause they're not getting their way at every turn.

Jo
the only thing you are really saying is you're mad you're not getting your way, so the system must be flawed.

the system is fine but maybe you need to think, and all those who want MOB RULES to be our way of life, this country isn't about any 1 mindset or any 1 place. it's about all of us. in that type of a world you don't always get your way. i wish the left and nutbags who feel 250+ years of proven history is suddenly wrong today cause they're not getting their way at every turn.

Um....I did get my way.... But I'm still asking.
That's called honest self examination

Jo

Jo

Jo
it's also a popular topic for millennials and younger votes who are seeing an archaic system preventing them from getting their way. apologies if i misunderstood what you are saying.

Jo

Jo
it's also a popular topic for millennials and younger votes who are seeing an archaic system preventing them from getting their way. apologies if i misunderstood what you are saying.

I see some elements from both sides of the argument that are compelling. Those that feel the EC is archaic may no longer feel we need State boundaries. I'm not sure that one central federal government is prepared to handle all the extra duties that it would inherit without state governments though.

Jo

So you want the country permanently run by the Blue dots. The Red Dots are just along for the ride to a Socialist Nanny State. BTW - move to France so you can vote.

The "Blue Dots" are where people actually LIVE. Nobody lives out in the middle of Alabama where they are all fucking their cousins because there is no one else around.

Should also be pointed out that the red dots are the biggest welfare queens out there... agriculture wouldn't work in this country without massive government subsidies ..

Final point. With the restoration of felon voting rights, Florida is probably going to be a blue state in the future. Arizona is now a blue state and Texas may not be so far behind...

So you really think the EC is still a good idea?
/----/ The Blue dots are where the leeches live. The red dots are where your food and raw materials come from.

I think your system is wise and was designed with careful thought and consideration. The Media concentration in NY and Cali can't use control and high populations to win election year after year. You are 50 States and it's beautifully designed with this in mind.

Yup. The FF were very wise men.

Forum List

Back