Should the next Republican president use his executive PEN to outlaw abortions?

257110m.jpg

Pen, schmen. I'll outlaw abortion like you won't believe.
Not only that, I will make them pay to not have it!

Yes, the entire nation will pay dearly for outlawing abortions.

Should the next Republican president use his executive PEN to outlaw abortions?

I thought you were serious for a minute there. Until I realized there will be no next Republican President

You almost had me going there

257110m.jpg

Actually, the rate of abortions would not change at all if Roe v. Wade were overturned and the issue was sent back to the states.

Abortion has become so socially acceptable that most states would keep it legal.

Other states would legalize it for rape, incest and "health of the mother". And just like in the past, "health of the mother" will be so loosely interpreted that, for all intents and purposes, it will be abortion on demand.

That's how it was before Roe v. Wade.

The rate of abortions after Roe v Wade only went up slightly, and only for a few years, and has since declined back to pre-Roe levels.

Roe v. Wade is a mirage.

257110m.jpg

Actually, the rate of abortions would not change at all if Roe v. Wade were overturned and the issue was sent back to the states.

Abortion has become so socially acceptable that most states would keep it legal.

Other states would legalize it for rape, incest and "health of the mother". And just like in the past, "health of the mother" will be so loosely interpreted that, for all intents and purposes, it will be abortion on demand.

The rate of abortions after Roe v Wade only went up slightly, and only for a few years, and has since declined back to pre-Roe levels.

Roe v. Wade is a mirage.
No, it was not. That is why Roe v Wade went to the Court, because it was fairly restrictive. Now the government has a compelling right to recognize the right to privacy and to regulate abortion accordingly.

But can the President issue an EO setting aside Citizens United.

That is very, very tempting.

The Constintution is an ever changing living breathing blah, blah, blah.

Next up, illegal abortions. :banana:

257110m.jpg

Roe v. Wade is a mirage.

If abortions are made illegal by federal law then states cannot legally provide abortions any longer. If they do then they can be prosecuted under federal law. In effect it is the same situation right now with marijuana. If the state allows it but you are arrested by the DEA you will end up behind bars. As far as the "socially acceptable" part goes that too is similar to marijuana.

So it will all depend on how RvW is "overturned" at the federal level as to what will happen with abortion in the future. Right now there are states that are doing their utmost to "outlaw" abortion by making it impossible for providers to do so legally. Those laws will end up in the courts and ultimately the SCOTUS will hear one of them and make another ruling.

What matters between now and then is who is going to be sitting on that bench when they grant that case cert. The next president is almost certainly going to be replacing at least one or more of the justices.

The Constitution and the process with it indeed informs us through its narrative to be that is organic and changing.

The Constitution and the process with it indeed informs us through its narrative to be that is organic and changing.
The next president will nominate at least one and maybe as many as five next associate justices, proving Roberts remains CJOSCOTUS.

Nothing is more organic than piling a bunch of shit on it. Next thing you know you are growing crab grass.

Obama set the standard for creating law with the executive pen & phone after all.

What say you?

What law did President Obama create with his pen and his phone?

Where to begin.

Amnesty for illegals, exemptions for his own law he passed in Obamacare, signing the NDAA which condons arrest without representation and unconstitutional.

Woops, I forgot, the Constitution has a pile of shit on it and is growing refuse now.

Nothing is more organic than piling a bunch of shit on it. Next thing you know you are growing crab grass.
My lawns have always been awesome, so no crab grass for me. And, for the Constitution, SCOTUS generally does a decent job. Citizens and Hobby Lobby are bad decisions but will be changed in the next twelve years.

Obama set the standard for creating law with the executive pen & phone after all.

What say you?

What law did President Obama create with his pen and his phone?

Where to begin.

Amnesty for illegals, exemptions for his own law he passed in Obamacare, signing the NDAA which condons arrest without representation and unconstitutional.

Woops, I forgot, the Constitution has a pile of shit on it and is growing refuse now.
You are confused about EOs, EAs, and laws. Ask NYc to help you understand.

Almost like he understands- unlike you- that a President cannot use an executive order to ignore a Supreme Court ruling.
Ignoring, of course, his attempts to do so with the rights of law-abiding gun owners.
Citation?
You don't pay attention much, do you?
Most recently...
Obama weighs expanding background checks through executive authority
What supreme court ruling would that ignore or contradict?

Forum List

Back