Should taxpayers bail out 3rd coast if BP does not?

Should taxpayers bail out 3rd coast if BP does not?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
i can't help those people are wrong....those same people complaining get the first 20 grand they make, TAX FREE as well.... the poor couple making 20 grand is getting no special income tax break that you and i don't get as well....they still pay plenty of taxes.

yes, bp made $6 billion in 90 days in profit, yes bp is paying $6 million a day in clean up....it would take 3 years of $6 million a day to wipe out just one quarter's, one 90 day period, of their profits earned off of us.

So it's all about money to you? You're afraid BP isn't going to spend more than they made?
No, not in the least.

It is about personal responsibility. The people responsible for this catastrophe, are responsible for this disasters clean up and damages. This is how it should work.

This IS justice. This IS AN eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth... a life for a life. The people responsible are the people who should pay for the clean up, damages, and fair retribution.

This is NOT a natural disaster.

This is a MAN MADE disaster.

BEFORE it comes down to us tax payers, funding the clean up or paying retribution to the people that lost their livelyhood....all efforts, and I mean all efforts, SHOULD BE USED to retrieve these monies from the person or entity that is RESPONSIBLE....

This IS conservatism, and this gives all of us liberty...whereas us just paying for it with our taxes is strapping us citizens with an expense, that belongs to BP and their subcontracted parties.

But, that was not the question of the OP.

SMT simply said that IF BP reneged should the taxpayers foot the bill.

My belief is that if they do renege the taxpayers of this country are going to have to pay for it.

I buy from BP all the time. But, if they don't at least attempt to make good on this, I'll drive past BP stations and go to anything but Shell and I am not even a big fan of boycotts.

Immie

So it's all about money to you? You're afraid BP isn't going to spend more than they made?
No, not in the least.

It is about personal responsibility. The people responsible for this catastrophe, are responsible for this disasters clean up and damages. This is how it should work.

This IS justice. This IS AN eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth... a life for a life. The people responsible are the people who should pay for the clean up, damages, and fair retribution.

This is NOT a natural disaster.

This is a MAN MADE disaster.

BEFORE it comes down to us tax payers, funding the clean up or paying retribution to the people that lost their livelyhood....all efforts, and I mean all efforts, SHOULD BE USED to retrieve these monies from the person or entity that is RESPONSIBLE....

This IS conservatism, and this gives all of us liberty...whereas us just paying for it with our taxes is strapping us citizens with an expense, that belongs to BP and their subcontracted parties.

BP is aware of its responsibility and hasn't shown any inclination to shirk it.

Shouldn't you wait until they do try to shirk their responsibility before you cast aspersions. But let me clue you in on something, you as a consumer will eventually be footing the bill.

The highlighted part needs to be re-emphasized.

Immie

The American Government (Obama) agreed to the drilling. They should have regulated first so I figure, he can carry a huge chunk of the responsibility for this.

And, putting the liability up to $10b can't solve this crisis. It is unconstitutional to make it retroactive.

The American Government (Obama) agreed to the drilling. They should have regulated first so I figure, he can carry a huge chunk of the responsibility for this.

And, putting the liability up to $10b can't solve this crisis. It is unconstitutional to make it retroactive.

I'm sorry, I'm no fan of the President, but I honestly find it irritating that the right is putting this at the President's door. You might even say it is hypocritical? Come on the right screamed for years that we needed to drill off the coast to become less dependent on foreign oil and finally we get a President that acquiesces. Then a frigging disaster happens and the first thing we do is cry... it is all the President's fault? Give me a break!

Maybe the government should have insisted on the cut off valves... okay, no maybe about it, but hindsight is 20/20 as they say. Blaming the government for this is just plain wrong in my book. We don't even know what caused the damned explosion in the first place! For all we know, it could have been frigging terrorists... except that no one has come forth and claimed responsibility.

Immie

But we will bear the expense one way or the other, as taxpayers AND as consumers.

Correction in RED

Even though BP may pay, the feds will find a way to use this to increase the budget for DOI.

duhhhhhhh

of COURSE the budget for DOI will be increased so to better regulate....President bush cut their budget while he was in office by 90% is what I heard on the 24/7.....so yes, the department WILL BE FUNDED AGAIN, at least enough to actually function when it comes to this kind of stuff instead of being let to wither on the vine, so to say.

and instead of its employees engaging in sex, drugs and rock and roll with the oil industry lobbyists, maybe this administration can fire the SOB's that Bush and republicans put in there to IGNORE all regulations.

YOU WANT PARTISANSIP ....you GOT IT baby. We know who is truly at fault in the regulation area and where the root of the problem lies....you can twist and turn and deflect all you want...but we are on to you! :)

do you really have a problem with this, with increasing DOI's budget?

Forum List

Back