Should taxpayers bail out 3rd coast if BP does not?

Should taxpayers bail out 3rd coast if BP does not?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Banned
BP will. The question is really a nonissue.

Why do you assume they will? The LAW says they are limited to $75,000,000 for damages other than clean up. Exxon drug Alaskan fisherman through court for 20 years.

Why on Earth would you assume BP will just hand over billions - esp. since the law may very well state they don't have to?

Do you generally go through life expecting problems will certainly 100% be solved by the responsible parties?

BP will. The question is really a nonissue.

Why do you assume they will? The LAW says they are limited to $75,000,000 for damages other than clean up. Exxon drug Alaskan fisherman through court for 20 years.

Why on Earth would you assume BP will just hand over billions - esp. since the law may very well state they don't have to?

Do you generally go through life expecting problems will certainly 100% be solved by the responsible parties?

So if a million Americans' livelihoods along the coast are affected by this spill, they'll be entitled to

$75 each.

Keep all this in mind every time you hear conservatives pleading for tort reform.

If your answer is no, please explain why the residents of the gulf coast should have to bear such a grossly unequal burden in the production of oil.

why? you haven't explained yet why 50% of us bear the cost of running the US of KKKA while the other fifty per cent of you bums don't pay for nutting, I don't think you should be driving down my freeway.

• Banned
If your answer is no, please explain why the residents of the gulf coast should have to bear such a grossly unequal burden in the production of oil.

why? you haven't explained yet why 50% of us bear the cost of running the US of KKKA while the other fifty per cent of you bums don't pay for nutting, I don't think you should be driving down my freeway.

I'm not even sure what the fuck you're talking about.

So why don't you want to pay the full price for the oil you buy?

• Banned

I'm not even sure what the fuck you're talking about. Are you suggesting shrimp boat operators are lazy government leaches?

When you say "bail out" what does that mean?

Who are we talking about?

You said the Gulf Coast Fishing industry pulls in $2.4B per year.

OK how about the Feds give this money to a consortium from TX, LA, MS, AL, and FL, and allow them to divide it among themselves for the next 10 years, then, after 10 years, those states pay back $24B.

I'm not even sure what the fuck you're talking about.

He's talking about the fact that half the US doesn't even pay taxes. And how hypocritical you are for not lambasting them for letting the other half carry the burden, as you are with Gulf residents carrying the burden for the rest of the country's oil needs (as if all our oil comes from the Gulf).

OK how about the Feds give this money to a consortium from TX, LA, MS, AL, and FL, and allow them to divide it among themselves for the next 10 years, then, after 10 years, those states pay back $24B.

I'm confused as to why you think only gulf coast states should pay for an accident in the pursuit of a natural resource which benefits the entire nation and is in fact crucial to our economy.

The 2.4B is just for Louisiana seafood industry. It does not include other states or indirect economic effects.

Last time I looked, the 3rd Coast was still part of America, so yes, we all have a part in cleaning up the mess.

He's talking about the fact that half the US doesn't even pay taxes.

That's not even true. It would be true to state that half the U.S. doesn't pay income tax - but that's not what you said.

And how hypocritical you are for not lambasting them for letting the other half carry the burden, as you are with Gulf residents carrying the burden for the rest of the country's oil needs (as if all our oil comes from the Gulf).

I'm still not sure what that has to do with this disaster.

I'm confused as to why you think only gulf coast states should pay for an accident in the pursuit of a natural resource which benefits the entire nation and is in fact crucial to our economy.

The 2.4B is just for Louisiana seafood industry. It does not include other states or indirect economic effects.

So, how fucking much is this worth??? For christssakes......"indirect effects????"......I'm begining to feel a little depressed because I cannot get tasty seafood in Denver: How much do I get?

Last edited:

I'm not even sure what the fuck you're talking about. Are you suggesting shrimp boat operators are lazy government leaches?

duz you stutter much?

He's talking about the fact that half the US doesn't even pay taxes.

That's not even true. It would be true to state that half the U.S. doesn't pay income tax - but that's not what you said.

And how hypocritical you are for not lambasting them for letting the other half carry the burden, as you are with Gulf residents carrying the burden for the rest of the country's oil needs (as if all our oil comes from the Gulf).

I'm still not sure what that has to do with this disaster.

Yup you're right, I was talking about income tax. Want a banana?

Forum List

Back