obama: i was there from day one....

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
BP will pay the full cost of clean up....

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......not quite....

We had (Defense Department) resources there from Day One. This was a situation that was treated as a possible catastrophic failure from, from Day One," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

That sense of urgency was not so apparent when White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs was questioned about the incident April 23, three days after it occurred. At the time he seemed to dismiss its severity and indicated it wouldn't affect Obama's plans to open up new areas of the coast to offshore drilling.

"I don't honestly think it opens up a whole new series of questions, because, you know, in all honesty I doubt this is the first accident that has happened and I doubt it will be the last," Gibbs said.

snip.........

Let me be clear: BP is responsible for this leak; BP will be paying the bill," Obama said while touring the area Sunday.

While it's true that the federal Oil Pollution Act, enacted in 1990 in response to the Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska, makes BP responsible for cleanup costs, the law caps the company's liability for economic damages — such as lost wages, shortened fishing seasons or lagging tourism — at $75 million, a pittance compared to potential losses.

The Associated Press: SPIN METER: There since Day One? Maybe not

maybe he can call on all 57 states to help out....

that's wut his bitch napolitano said too.. "it was all hands on deck from day one." who writes their scripts Iwonder.

Coast Guard was there from day one.

I'd dearly love to know what could have stopped the gusher by now...mastery of the wind or the tides? A big cork?

Coast Guard was there from day one.

I'd dearly love to know what could have stopped the gusher by now...mastery of the wind or the tides? A big cork?

If they cannot install another BOP on top of the failed one, they'll have to drill a secondary well. That would take about 90 days.

More like re-arranging the lounge chairs on Air Force One.

He has A Throne - With Columns.

The White House is in full spin mode and crisis management as the Obama response is compared and contrasted to the Katrina event. Too fucking funny...the goddam Dems can dish but they sure can't take it....I say too bad...you reap what you sow.

Back Fox News.... BACK. I COMMAND THEE!!!!
carolyn_palamas2.jpg

Episode 33

Last edited:
I've always though of Obama as more of the Squire Trelane type:

4578596991_0f10f5861b.jpg

It's too bad his omnipotent parents don't intervene and send him to a time out.

When the AP is skeptical, you know you have a PR problem:

To hear Obama administration officials tell it, they've been fully engaged on the Gulf Coast oil spill since Day One, bringing every resource to bear and able to ensure without question that taxpayers will be protected.

Not quite.

Take President Barack Obama's repeated claims that BP will be responsible for all the costs associated with the devastating spill that began after an oil rig operated by the company exploded April 20, killing 11 workers and later sinking.

"Let me be clear: BP is responsible for this leak; BP will be paying the bill," Obama said while touring the area Sunday.

While it's true that the federal Oil Pollution Act, enacted in 1990 in response to the Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska, makes BP responsible for cleanup costs, the law caps the company's liability for economic damages — such as lost wages, shortened fishing seasons or lagging tourism — at $75 million, a pittance compared to potential losses.

(snip)

That sense of urgency was not so apparent when White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs was questioned about the incident April 23, three days after it occurred. At the time he seemed to dismiss its severity and indicated it wouldn't affect Obama's plans to open up new areas of the coast to offshore drilling.

"I don't honestly think it opens up a whole new series of questions, because, you know, in all honesty I doubt this is the first accident that has happened and I doubt it will be the last," Gibbs said.

SPIN METER: There since Day One? Maybe not - Yahoo! News

Forum List

Back